Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Who sell these jackets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DKroadsters, Oct 5, 2020.

1. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

chryslerfan55, 31hotrodguy and Deuces like this.
  2. 5window

5window

Well,son, I'd be thinking you should direct your inquiry to TRJ since they're the ones selling the finished Product. :)

Here's some help:

International: (804) 496-6906

Fax: (804) 496-6648

customer service [email protected]
    editorial [email protected]

Hav en dejlig dag og bliv sund.

3. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

I think they will be discontinued as for the lowered price and that TRJ only have small and Medium left, But I will thank you for your fast answer :)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Hmm. It almost looks like a varsity jacket, but without leather sleeves. You could try a sporting goods store near you. I mean a real sporting goods, not chains like Dick's or Dunham's.

5. Look on line for Letterman/ varsity wool jackets, there has got got to be a lot of places that can supply you with what you need, also check out your local screen printer/ embroidery shop. HRP

6. Search : Stadium Jackets
    Ones I looked at for myself were at Settlemeirs..

chryslerfan55 and 31hotrodguy like this.
  7. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Thanks
    Looking just right, Thanks again

31hotrodguy likes this.
  8. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

That TRJ jacket is 100% wool and similar ones can be seen in any big sporting good stores or on Amazon. Dockers makes one that is almost the copy without the printing. But, beware, they are wool or wool blend.

The one problem with wool is that you might get a ring around the collar (Your neck) due to the wool rubbing against your skin. Some people are allergic to wool shirts, sweaters and jackets. My mom used to get me wool sweaters because her wool sweaters were specially made with Cashmere Wool and never irritated her skin. We irritated her with our "ooohhh" antics. But, the wool sweaters irritated my neck to no end. We did not wear cotton turtlenecks in high school.

It got so bad that I gave away my varsity wool Letterman's jacket with my letters on them to a good friend who just earned his varsity letter and did not have money to buy a letterman's jacket. He was in 7th heaven. We had been friends since elementary school and was a good friend to have in school. He was absolutely the toughest kid in school and could box anyone without getting a jab close to his face. A real tough guy, but one of the nicest in the whole neighborhood. He loved my varsity letterman's jacket. My mom was aghast at me giving that wool jacket away.

Jnaki

So, you might want to think twice about getting any wool jacket. One other thing is that I could not stand the smell of the wool jacket when any moisture got on it. (Fog, dew, light rain, squirt gun sprays, etc.) The girls said the wool jacket smelled like a wet dog. That is one reason I gave the jacket away. Irritation and, I did not want to smell like a wet dog in close quarters. YRMV Some people don't care about the wet dog smell and buy/wear wool anyway.

chryslerfan55, Spooky, fauj and 2 others like this.
  9. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Thanks jnaki

Thanks for advice and a nice story :). Just think they are cool jackets

jnaki likes this.
  10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Oh man...Living in Michigan, I've learned to appreciate the wool clothing in my collection. It's very, VERY warm, repels water and it looks cool! Just last week it's turned cold enough to get some out and the first day or so it itches but it's worth it!

chryslerfan55, Spooky and Deuces like this.
  11. 5window

5window

We need to observe that the OP is in Denmark and may not have the ready access to some of the recommended products. I made this error with my initial response. I would guess the Danes were pretty familiar with wool. :)

deadbeat and flatheadpete like this.
  12. oldolds

oldolds

Check with people near you that embroider things like jackets. A mom and pop place if you have any near you. They have catalogs with that stuff in it. It will give you the correct name for the style of jacket. You will then be able to buy one made out of other fabrics. They may even be nice and order one for you. Sometimes they need to order quantity and can't order just one.

13. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

As above, look up varsity jackets..TONS of options...here is just one example:

black.jpg

14. 5window

5window

The Man Lives in Denmark. Europe. Not New York

15. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

If you are specifically looking for one exactly like the RJ coat......Google Clicker coat. It's not a varsity or letterman's jacket, it's a little different. It's a longer length car coat.....no knit rib fabric at the waistband. As stated, Settlemeirs sells them as Stadium jackets. Greenspans and Johnny Suedes Customs have them as Clickers.

car_coat.jpg

1409440940407-1636932137.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  16. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Dang!!! Never thought I would see the day when I got a fashion tutorial on the hamb.:D

17. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

I somehow got the honor of acquiring these coats for my car club. After about 3 months of messin with coat vendors and chain stitchers, I was counting them in my sleep. I also have an element of expertise in potato spikes.....but that's another story.:p

18. 5window

5window

I want to hear the potato story. Potato spikes-like nails?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  20. 5window

5window

chryslerfan55, deadbeat and Joe Blow like this.
  21. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

:D

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The local boys are partial to Greenspan's jackets.

Joe Blow likes this.
  23. AndyMarquez

AndyMarquez
    from Sweden

We have our club jackets tailor made here in Sweden. About 2500 Sek. I can probably help you out if you want to

[​IMG]

Skickat från min iPhone med H.A.M.B.

24. vinny harms

vinny harms

There called clicker coats. Old school clubs got those all the time. You can find them on Greenspan's.com though

birth day febuary 21 2008

25. I'll sell you a custom embroidered 2 XL, wool and leather with a near 50 yr old car club's logo

20191205_184558.jpg

26. Spooky

Spooky

I am digging this thread but have a question, who does traditional chain stitching?

27. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The straight jackets without any knitting on the collar, cuffs?, or bottom like red ones given away at Lions for being a multiple week winner (right jnaki) we’re called “rogue” jackets as I remember. There was no leather on them.
    Judy Thompson, Mickeys first wife, tried to give me a Lions one a few years back but I told her I hadn’t earned by the rules written out. I still have all my Lions trophy’s but not in the order to have earned a jacket.
    The RJ jacket shown has knitted cuffs. Can’t remember on the Lions ones, but they were called rogue then and I had a gray one in the 8th grade in 57.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    oliver westlund and jnaki like this.
  28. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-10-8_4-20-34.png 1956 Alamitos Bay entrance jetty on Belmont Shore side at 72nd street. (end of the peninsula)

Hey J6,

Here is a photo of a lanky pre-teen after a day of snorkling around the two jetties at the entrance to the Long Beach Alamitos Bay Harbor entrance. My dad was fishing off of the beach and on the middle of the jetty as we were swimming around. The red jacket was very warm, but when I got it wet with my hair and trying to get warm after coming out of the water, I smelled like a wet puppy. Back then, who cared, at least, I was warm. It was my favorite jacket for school and hanging around.

Eventually, I had to throw it away as I did not want it to smell like mothballs. Moths usually attacked wool clothing like bees on flowers. After the red jacket got a few holes, my mom threw it away. Then it was on to similar blue jackets and when Lions came calling, blue nylon jackets for our drag racing attire. The wool jacket episodes were put to sleep as the new "teenage look" of white t shirts, Levis, desert boots and a nylon blue jacket was the clothing of choice.
    upload_2020-10-8_4-22-16.png

Jnaki

Our trophy display was prominent in our Den/lounging around teen room/homework place, but there should have been plenty more, especially the one that ended our drag racing days in 1960. In the 1940 Willys 671 SBC coupe, we actually won, but blew up and shut down the race track in our last drag race. For some reason, the trophy was given to our opponent, who was two car lengths behind my brother, but crossed the finish line after the Willys careened off of the dragstrip. At the time, we did not care, as there were more important things to worry about. But, just to set the record straight…
    upload_2020-10-8_4-24-57.png
    From late 1957 to 1959, we won at least 6 trophies at Lions in the A/Stock class. (Now gone to old trophy heaven…) But, for some reason, we never got a red class winner’s jacket. My brother won 4 and I won two.
    upload_2020-10-8_4-26-44.png His wins came in 1958-59 and mine came in 1959 upload_2020-10-8_4-26-22.png
    It wasn’t until much later that our friend wanted to know if we had those red jackets. We did not, although we should have at least 6 if not the 7th for the C/Gas win in the Willys.
    upload_2020-10-8_4-27-36.png

29. banjorear

banjorear

Google varsity/letterman's jacket. Most areas have a shop that services local high schools. When I took my son to get his, I was amazed at all different styles. I'd suggest trying it on befor you buy. Good ones are not cheap and don't settle for a cheap one. Most of these are still made in USA which is a bonus.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  30. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Can't answer the question but...there was an outfit outside one of the halls (Grand National Roadster Show) in 2019 that seemed to specialize in the nostalgic jackets...a little pricy but looked legit (I have my fathers '62 wool Winner jacket from Indy Drags)

oliver westlund likes this.