Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Looking for the current issue of TRJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kelly Burns, Sep 29, 2020.

1. They get "cut more slack" on this forum then any business out there.

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

No doubt, we all appreciate TRJ.
    An informative mass Email to all TRJ customers explaining the situation would have been nice.
    That's not difficult to do.
    Just saying........

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    K13 likes this.
  3. 5window

5window

I have no problem with that.

Fordors likes this.
  4. 5window

5window

I got this back in June-just sayin'...

A Status Update
    [​IMG]
    As we sort through things at the office, we're also hard at work on the upcoming TRJ #84. We recently paid a visit to Ross Myers' 3 Dog Garage in Boyertown, Pennsylvania, to prepare for our feature on the freshly restored "Kookie Kar." We'll share more about the iconic T-bucket and his incredible collection soon.
    We wanted to give you a quick update with what's happening these days at The Rodder's Journal. At this point, we believe demand for TRJ is as strong—if not stronger—than ever. The challenge is that it’s never been more difficult to get you your items due to the global pandemic that has broken our supply chains. Our capacity has been limited, and we’ve been pushing as hard as possible to get your orders to you safely while obeying state and local laws.

It’s been a tricky balancing act, and we’re always striving to do better. The good news is that we’ve added a new member to our customer service team. She recently began working with us, and she will be up to speed soon after the Fourth of July holiday weekend. We understand that our voicemail has been full as of late, and we will now be able to get back to you sooner. We’re learning as we go along, and we thank you for your patience.

The impact of coronavirus is widespread, and it has caused significant delays to our international shipping. Although all subscriber copies shipped in early April, some readers have still not received theirs. We’re in constant contact with our supply chains, and this is the latest update directly from our mailing house:

“Due to the COVID outbreak there are delivery issues and delays throughout the world, and there is particular difficulty in getting airlifts to Australia and New Zealand due to their location. The USPS uses commercial flights to move international mail and those have diminished significantly due to the pandemic.”

We are working to get to the bottom of this and to get everyone their magazines. At the start of the coronavirus outbreak, our distribution chain shredded thousands of copies before the on-sale date without our consent. This resulted in a limited supply—just barely enough to meet the immediate demand.

The supply chains are not working up to full speed. We know there are instances where the magazines are on your local newsstands but not in your mailbox. This is because those magazines were shipped through the newsstand distributor rather than through the postal system. Once they’ve left the mailing house, we do not have control over when they arrive.

We’re evaluating and looking into the shipping issues, and we will do everything in our power to make sure this does not happen with #84, even if things have not returned to normal. In the meantime, we are working on creating a digital version of TRJ #83 that subscribers can download on our website. This will not be a replacement for the magazines we sent you, but rather a way for you to read it as it is en route. According to the mail service, the magazines are not lost—just significantly delayed.

Thank you for your understanding. TRJ wouldn’t exist without each and every one of you. We hope everyone is staying safe during these uncertain times.

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]
    Steve Coonan
    Publisher

TRJ, Nailhead Jason, jim snow and 4 others like this.
  5. They do a pretty remarkable job producing an exemplary publication. Once their shipped, I'm guessing they are at the mercy of the postal service, weather, wild fires, pandemics, broken down USPS Jeeps and everything else that slows delivery. I'm personally just thrilled when my copy lands in my mailbox whenever it does.

6. 19Fordy

19Fordy

5 window: Thanks for posting info. you rec'd from TRJ. Glad they contacted you.
    I am a paid up lifetime subscriber and did not receive any such info. from them.
    Just saying...........

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Do you normally get the emails? I know when I subscribed it was an option to receive them or not.

5window, Fordors and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. ........I'm pretty sure that's correct.

9. They did a poor job of informing customer about the move and possible delays associated with it. It was not a last minute thing. They could have easily added a note to every subscribers last issue before the move to let people know. I get all their promo emails and didn't get the one above. If any other business packed up shop and moved without letting customers that had already paid for a product know there may be delays because of it they would get torn to pieces on here.

10. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I appreciate the effort TRJ always makes to keep us updated on what's happening; particularly if a snafu has occurred. I know a number of issues were lost or destroyed so we're forced to do with less issues than normal but since my pal, jacksanddeuces, was prominently featured on a number of pages in issue 83; we all are telling Jack that the dang issue was just so much more popular because of him that they all sold out very quickly!;):D:D
    Of course, I believe they would still be sold out because of all the content relating to Jack.:)
    There was a lot of coverage but it was one heck of a story and, like most articles in TRJ, it got accurately told pretty well... that's part of what makes TRJ so special.;)
    And yeah, I am a Lifetime member but I'm proud to say I actually was among those that got the first issue and it was by subscription I believe... time flies... even faster these days!! I know that first issue set a new standard for how a hot rod magazine might be presented.:eek::D

11. ..............Well said, Al. It was a great article about Jack.

J.Ukrop and jim snow like this.
  12. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gave all my old issues away, along with Tex Smith, & Tom Medley books.

Hamtown Al and jim snow like this.
  13. jim snow

jim snow

Good on you Don. Spread the wealth. Snowman

Hamtown Al and pprather like this.
  14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was posted on here so I knew there might be a delay. Mine usually tend to show up a few days after guys post that they received theirs and talk about a feature car in them.

15. 5window

5window

I'm a lifer, but nothing special. I have gotten 9 emails on updates from TRJ this year, not including the marketing offers. If you aren't getting these , then you need to revisit your preferences or contact customer service.

Oh, and I always take the time to thank them for their updates -and Pat Ganahl for his journal ,too. Maybe that puts me right with the post office gods (but I doubt it).

16. They sure seem to be able to get ahold of me when they want money from me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

X38 likes this.
  17. 5window

5window

I don't see the issue here. I would think the easiest way to raise money/sell something would be to approach customers you knew already enjoyed your product. Your profile says you are a sales rep. Do you only appproach new folks or are old customers some of your best contacts? And, of course, good salesmanship is only "giving people the opportunity to buy" so those in the know would likely be the most appreciative. And, of course, you could ask to be removed from their lists.

18. The issue is if they can find me to hound me for money every time they need it they damn well could let me know that they were moving and there would be delays in my subscription and they didn't. If TRJ has the ability to let all their customers know when it is time to renew then they have had the same ability to let them know that their subscription is going to be delayed regardless of what type of contact information they have. And given the fact that there was an entire thread on the matter I am not the only one they didn't let know. I am a sales rep and I would NEVER treat my customer like that. I find it funny that you are usually the first one to jump on poor customer service threads chastising companies but are defending TRJ about their poor communication like you owned the company.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  19. Before this thread gets locked, I just want to say that it was widely reported on many social media sites as well as the e-mails to those subscribed, that the move was going to take place long before it actually happened. I'm sure the subject was discussed on here and it seems anyone could expect that a move of that magnitude would have some hiccups along the way. I'm not trying to defend them, I don't really have a dog in the "fight", but the product itself has to represent countless hours of research, writing, editing, outstanding photography, assembling and ultimately arranging printing and shipping. A massive undertaking. Considering the fact that print media is pretty much on its' deathbed, we should all be thankful that Rodder's Journal even still exists, I know that I am...........Don.

20. As a fellow Canadian (who also hasn't received issue 83), I don't have any issue with TRJ's communication. I received email updates advising of the impending move in advance. When there was the snafu from the shipper (which, as I understand, resulted in half the print run being destroyed and countless issues being stuck and not shipped) I was notified of that as well.

When I called the other day to inquire as to Issue 83 status, I was told that they're working with USPS to send out replacement issues internationally with tracking numbers.

5window, Fordors, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  21. 5window

5window

I apologize for aiming this discussion in a more personal direction. That never helps moving a discussion forward. I don't know anyone involved with TRJ, just enjoy the publication. I hope everyone gets their problems resolved in a timely manner.

TRJ, lothiandon1940 and Hamtown Al like this.
  22. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Hey @K13, we understand your frustration. We strive to keep our customers in the loop every step of the way. Whether it was our move from California to Virginia or our switch back to American printing, we send emails to every reader on our list and we're always available for follow-up. Do you think you could send us a PM with your email address so that we can check to see if you're still on email list? Sometimes our messages don't make it through. Thanks for your patience and we're happy to help.

Joey

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

24. saltracer219

saltracer219

I just got mine in the mail today, I would suggest you subscribe!

25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Mine came a few days ago, was impressed with how rigid and sturdy the envelope was. Was 100% perfect inside. Glad I finally subscribed

lothiandon1940 and Jalopy Joker like this.
  26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

27. micksmith

micksmith
    from australia

I still haven't received issue 83 here in Australia have every issue had a subscription for many many years i did receive emails but when RJ moved guess I was deleted?? hopefully #83 will eventually turn up? Still a awesome magazine

28. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

no 83 here either, I asked, it wont be coming , no real explanation but I get an extra issue . Ill have to buy #83 somewhere . Things happen and I love reading it so no whinging from me :)

29. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Haven’t got mine either