Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fall Carlisle 2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Sep 20, 2020.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

It is 10 days away....I will be loading up the camper the next 2 days getting ready to go....I will be in my regular spaces N3 & 4 inside gate 1....selling good clean used stainless trim and misc. car parts....T-bird seats....grilles....stop and say Hi....just checked long range weather and it looks good for the week.... Pic is from last year....

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and chevy57dude like this.
  2. Saw you in the spring, and will again this time. Been going about 40 years now, and will continue to do so.
    Glad to see you keeping on!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. I will be there as well with a bunch of stuff, all HAMB friendly- IA 31.

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Gabby

Gabby

IA 28/29 next to TomT. 40 standard hood and skirts, 51 Ford and 65 GTO skirts, 55 Chevy grille, early OLDS 2 X 4 intake

5. chopped30

chopped30
    from ohio

Will be there. Same spaces ND 35 - ND 42

BuckeyeBuicks likes this.
  6. 5window

5window

Wish you all well, but I will give it a pass after 20 odd year. Please stay healthy.

7. lake_harley

lake_harley

So, Carlisle is on for Sept 30 to Oct 3rd or 4th? I thought I saw online it was cancelled, or am I mixing that up with Pate, TX?

Lynn

papajohn likes this.
  8. Carlisle is on. They have had events all summer.

9. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I skipped spring but I'll give it a go. A bad day at Carlisle is better than a good day at work.

chevy57dude, X-cpe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Making the trip out from Wisconsin for the first time seeing as all the stuff around here got canceled

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

TomT and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

II-110, 111. Selling Chevy truck parts. 1941-57.
    I’ve been to every Carlisle event; and I appreciate their efforts to keep everyone safe and let us enjoy our hobby. I think we’re all going to pay them back next week! Trailer loaded.

Attached Files:

chevy57dude likes this.
  12. 5window

5window

13. It’s next week .... set up day is on Tuesday - will be there through most of Saturday

14. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Will finish loading up the camper and truck tomorrow....got all my food today and will get my drinks monday....leaving early tuesday and will be ready to sell wednesday morning thru saturday afternoon....look for updates with pictures during the week.....

15. Pictures or it didn't happen.........

chevy57dude likes this.
  16. 1601202444007-233907427.jpg
    Our local forecast shows some rain Tuesday, and improving beyond that. Really mild fall weather in PA.

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

We will be there about noon on Thursday and all day Friday. I hope your weather forecast is correct, breezy and cool I can take as long as the rain holds off. Carlisle is just like a sore penis, you can't beat it:p

chevy57dude likes this.
  18. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Got the truck gassed up and my walking shoes ready to make the thirteen hour drive out on Wednesday morning from Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chevy57dude and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. 5window

5window

The first thing to pack for Fall Carlisle or Hershey is a rain suit and dry socks.

chevy57dude and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. ..............and bring plenty of this.:D;) money-shovel-studio-photography-american-moneys-hundred-dollar-39571081.jpg

21. lake_harley

lake_harley

And I have family visiting from out of town ..... :mad: Oh well, maybe Chickashaw (sp?) Oklahoma in a couple weeks.

Lynn

22. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I too skipped Spring but think I'll try the Fall show. Unfortunately my "shovel" is a little emptier.:(

23. reagen

reagen

Well how 's it lookin at Carlisle with the weather and sellers ,hope your having a great time .

24. reagen

reagen

Hope the weather is good for all ,and how are the sell's doing.

TomT likes this.
  25. Weather is fantastic, crowd is very good today - we have been here since Tuesday early early. Gabby, JohnnyC, and myself have primarily old stuff. 75% of our sales have been for Hershey folks, and some multiple times, as they came to Fall Carlisle because Hershey was cancelled. Tuesday and Wed, and we are never here on Tuesday-Wed because we don’t do well enough to be here, had light traffic but they were buying - 1 out of three people who came by us bought something.

All three of us have done well .... it’s been the best Fall Carlisle we have all had in years.

26. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Glad to hear Fall Carlisle is running well. Good luck to everyone and happy hunting!

TomT, wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After last year I vowed I would not return to carlisle ,mostly new or OT stuff, didn’t even spend much of a day there, think my wife spotted one oil can .But this year any vendor should have sold a bunch to those suffering from Hershey withdrawals.

5window, TomT and lothiandon1940 like this.