Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Summit Racing made me chuckle today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Budget36, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Budget36

Budget36

Over the past several months I've spent quite a few bucks there, minimum order would be 250, max around 1500, must have spend 3K total?...I dunno, but..every order came in correct, no issues. BUT, not one of those orders every had a Summit sticker in them.

So on Wednesday mid morning I ordered some ARP main and rod bolts, just tipped the scales for free shipping, like 100.35 or 103.35, whatever. Box came in last night, I just opened it.

Inside was not only a sticker, but a wine card about a 100$ off promo...lol. So I can place a 1500 dollar order and get a box of parts, but at 100 bucks I get a sticker and a deal on wine (I don't drink wine, ya want it?).

Made me chuckle.

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been getting them for years, want my wine cards too. I’ll bet I’ve thrown out 100 stickers.

loudbang, scotty t and dan31 like this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

Naw, I used to line the inside of my toolbox lid with them, kind of kept it clean, I just thought it odd after 5 or 6 orders I finally got a sticker and a discount coupon for spending less than I'd spent the previous orders.

4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I forgot. They gave me a hat once in an order..

loudbang likes this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was teaching and always seemed to be getting decals from different places I ordered from or at rod trots I used to stick them in a tray on a shelf in my office where my students would sort though them to see if they wanted any of them. That was the same group that would come in on Monday Mornings when they knew I had been to a rod run to see "what I had won" because I would set bottles and cans of wax and polish on the shelf for them as my truck and my 51 Merc were both primered.

6. Possibly the other stuff was direct ship from the manufacturer and not out of one of Summit's warehouses.

7. Budget36

Budget36

Hey neighbor!...lol, maybe, but everything I get from them, even the headers/etc, came with the "Thanly for your order" thing on the flap.

It's all good, I'm not complaining in the least bit, just struck me I've spent lotta money before, but a 100 buck order get's me a sticker and a discount wine car.

Anyone want a wine card?

loudbang likes this.
  8. triumph 1

triumph 1

Been ordering from them since ‘88
    Always received at least one feee decal in my order......

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and seb fontana like this.
  9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

My cheapo friend would get hats and shirts with minimum order, I drop 3500 and got squat.

10. caper

caper
    from Cape Cod

Summit gave me a 25th anniversary jacket back in 1993.

11. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

They are always sending me cool things.. I spend a lot there too.. Whenever I talk to Summit, I always make sure they have my account page open, that way they see who there dealing with.

So many times I had bad parts and they said we'll just send another don't bother to send it back... I have never taken advantage of this and always send lots of photos and videos if needed.. I think people in business have a sixth sense. I know in my own business, I get a gut feeling when somebody's trying pull a fast one..

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Just Gary, loudbang, Budget36 and 3 others like this.
  12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Trust your gut always .

13. Several times my Summit order would be slightly under the $99 free shipping mark so I would add a tee shirt (good shirts and cheap). A friend asked me where I got all the different Summit shirts so I told him “they just send them to me”. He was kinda pissed saying he just spent $5000 on his last order and only got a sticker. Never told him I bought the shirts, just that they came with myorders

Deuces, 2OLD2FAST, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  14. Budget36

Budget36

Ya know, I never thought of that, if I call it's because I'm not sure if I'm going to order the right thing, and I ask the person on the phone to loom into my cart. They say they can't. never thought to ask to have them look at my account.

Great tip!

(I want a new hat anyways....)

Elcohaulic and loudbang like this.