Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Towing while sharing the road with glass lickers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HemiRambler, Sep 17, 2020.

1. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Greatest thing on cars and trucks today are electronic controlled mirrors. With a little skill you can shine their lights to their own face by the reflections in your mirrors. :D

2. Seon

Seon

Years ago while cruising in my Vette a tailgater was impatient so decided to pass on the right side shoulder. As he was passing he flipped me a bird but he too occupied from looking in front where a delivery truck was parked. ...and I gave a thumbs up as I passed him.

cfmvw, Truck64 and jimmy six like this.
  3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Without doing anything, some may be surprised how just a few wig wags with your trailer scares the shit outta those licknobs. It may be better effects with enclosed trailers but after a dozen years back n forth to Hershey and several FL trips I never have had it fail. Used to be you could pull your trailer brake and just the lights come on with a simple setting too. That instills massive panic. Worse than tailgaters, and hauling enclosed, how about the minivan fucks who pace right next to your trailer and all the wind shear flopping you around? How about the dopes who think your 8K dually and 10K load can stop as fast as their Prius? Stay safe out there kids. This pandemic is dwarfed by the decades long pandemic of stupid.

Truckdoctor Andy and jimmy six like this.
  4. X-cpe

X-cpe

Coming home from the races, closing in on mid-night on a four lane interstate, running 70+ in the third lane passing or being passed every quarter mile or so. Numb-nuts runs up behind me and drafts for a while until he sees his spot on the empty highway and makes the pass, then when his spotter hollers, "Clear, Clear" he cuts back in so close I can't see his rear bumper. Must have been my fault for not seeing him coming and getting out of "his" lane.

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few years ago was coming back from dropping off a car with an open trailer, It had a flag on a whip too. I'm in the right lane at about 35 in town. I see a large truck coming up on my left and he just turns right into the trailer! I look in right rear view and see trailer being pushed way to the right! Put PU in 4wheel high and punched it. He then just goes on by and onto the highway. Another guy saw it and ran him down and stopped him, damage to trailer but still moveable. He was in a commercial truck delivering plants to Home Depot. Class A but could not communicate well. Finally got his Co number and called them-they obviously paid for repair but CHP never came-waited 45 minutes and left-called and reported and sent pics. Was damn scary as I was on an overpass in right lane.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    wraymen likes this.
  6. bhemi

bhemi

Years ago I hooked a toggle switch on the dash to the brake lights. I would flip the toggle switch to look like I was standing on the brakes. I'd usually get a 100 yard gap out of it.

wraymen, 48fordnut and theHIGHLANDER like this.
  7. I don't have anything to tow anymore, but I don't see how anyone could tailgate someone towing a trailer around here; they are all towing at 75+ in the #1 or #2 lane on a four lane freeway. I guess the donut shops are full.

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Windshield washer nozzle mounted on the rear bumper. Light sewing machine oil.
    Is it raining?
    Turn on the wipers.
    Smear...
    I only think of that one when they're being really bad.

Just drive a big old nasty rusty 4-door or pickup truck.
    They won't dare and you won't care. LOL

jimmy six likes this.
  9. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I got into a real mess years ago riding the Harley , with a tailgater . My “ big bad ass “ Buddy tossed an old lug nut in the air and it bounced off a tailgaters windshield . The next stop light the guy , un asses his car and is in my face about throwing stuff and damaging his car . Im just playing stupid , the light changes and bad ass hauls ass , and leaves me . I can take and listen to a lot of venting , I would be upset also . He proceeds to reach for me , I sharp pop in the side of his head with the Buco changed his mind about being upset with me . I didn’t smash him , just a reminder ,HEY “ I said I’m sorry and I didn’t know what happened “ and stop this was his warning . He got into his car and drove away easily . I returned home just as shaken as the upset driver and didn’t speak to “ big bad ass “ ever again . Just a reminder things can and will go wrong with stupid tailgate pranks fast . It’s not worth getting hurt or shot over . In today’s world I pay attention and yield to fools as best as I possibly can , you are never going to cure stupid , don’t try to . I’m just too old and I don’t play well with others as I used to , confrontation is best not to happen . I really do like the wrench thing ! No one can get hurt , it’s just a reminder this is your warning back the hell off .

Truck64 likes this.
  10. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

I call that 'clearing the baffles'.
    When folks think you are about to do a 'Crazy Ivan' at speed they tend to wake up and get out of your blind spot.
    Well, I've got an inlaw down your way. We regularly go for a drive. It's pretty insane that the normal traffic speed is between 90-140MPH on some of those freeways/highways/biways you guys have down there.

11. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Another "beauty" of the wrench thing (generally) is that if you're keeping a normal gap - you don't usually even see it, but the glass lickers DO notice it when they get super close (another reason I mounted it on the driver's side - I figured it'd be easier to notice there when they got too close). I only wish I could hear them tell their glass licking friends about the "idiot" that left a wrench on his trailer!

Truck64 likes this.