Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do with your car today? * NEW*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by j hansen, May 3, 2020.

1. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

2. mike bowling

mike bowling

Worked on the custom hood for my 40 coupe.
    I wanna show off the tri power and dressed flattie. IMG_3756.JPG

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

High test 63, slim38, Lil32 and 9 others like this.
  3. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Washed off the dust and ash from the fires, and installed the original instrument cluster in the "Big Boy". Gotta get this one finished ! IMG_5500.JPG IMG_5502.JPG

Bandit Billy, 302GMC, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  5. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Tim, you left out the B-Ville roadster and the Dragster. Wasn't the street long enough to showcase them all ? Quite the collection !

biggeorge and mctim64 like this.
  6. Played in itchy stuff some more. Almost done with the itchy part.

1DB9B928-0D19-44FB-A8CD-E5CF6597888C.jpeg

7. FRANK GRELLE

FRANK GRELLE

Nice work!

8. They were included, just didn't want to give too much away. ;)

9. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I Took To The Levee... DSCN4446.JPG

10. j hansen

j hansen

11. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

That's a 65 El Camino, isn't it?

LOU WELLS likes this.
  12. impala4speed

impala4speed

Might be a '64.

chryslerfan55 and LOU WELLS like this.
  13. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I thought maybe the poster above me was commenting on it with his Mariarity quote. I don't know, maybe he was thinking about the post about siding on the house. But there shouldn't be a problem posting that El Camino here. That's a fine ride.

14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

the elcamino is fine, It was the house siding project... way off topic. I deleted it

15. alchemy

alchemy

I went to the second day of a small swap meet. All the good stuff's already been bought, right? Well, I found a nice pair of 4" '40 Ford wheels for $20. Score. But then a half hour later I find a pair of 5" '50 pickup steelies for $40. Mega score! Rounded out the day with a pair of pointy Guide headlights for $15 and some chrome King Bee rings for $10.

Bugguts, chryslerfan55, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  16. Probably 50 years since I put glass in with a string. Patterns I made must have right, went pretty much right in. Still need to glue the ends of the rubber together. Seems interesting the glass shop cuts it with a water jet now-a-days.
    IMG_20200921_140142 (Medium).jpg

slim38, chryslerfan55, blowby and 3 others like this.
  17. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

IMG_20200922_172336299_HDR.jpg Bolted one of my reupholstered seats in the stude today. When I'm done with the seats I'm gonna attack door panels next. I'm enjoying this first attempt at this upholstery stuff.

18. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Took my dead battery to work, charged and tested it. It's ok, seems I must have a draw.

Devin

19. You're doing good at it too, that seat looks great :cool:

chryslerfan55, LAROKE and Lil32 like this.
  20. LAROKE

LAROKE

From the BillyBob Shop log

September 23rd 2020 Getting back in the saddle. Baby steps. The magneto spurred me to fiddle with the nailhead a bit. I pulled number one piston. no ridge at the top of the cylinder so it tapped out easily with the help of brass hammer and drift and wooden block. The rod bearings look like they were installed yesterday. Put the piston assembly in the parts washer oileater soup for initial cleaning. The wrist pin is semi-floating with a pinch clamp at the top of the rod. Still have to figure out how the pin retainers work.

Also picked up a set of solid lifters for the Isky Street/Strip cam from Northwestern Auto Supply Inc. They arrived today and I took a cursory look at them.

[​IMG]

21. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Picked this up from a old drag racer that was cleaning out the garage.
    Better then the score was him telling me the details of buying it new and turning the motor.

Attached Files:

22. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Seats done... That was fun. Now I've gotta finish the rest of the interior. IMG_20200923_183459715.jpg

23. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Well just to update the electricity just went back on after 7 days 18 hours. Things are improving. However please keep in mind and prayers for those along the immediate coast from Dauphin Island, Gulf Shores, Orange Beach and on into the Pensacola area. They had a lot of flooding, wind damage to house and businesses, It will take some time to recover.

chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  24. goldmountain

goldmountain

Drove to Calgary to get my exhaust pipes ceramic coated and figured that since I was going, I might as well drop off my nerf bars at the platers. Going to be good until I have to pay for it. Half way there, I stopped to look at a 1950 Chrysler Town & Country hardtop that was for sale. Those just have to be rare.

chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Worked on the 65 Merc trying to find the dead miss in the fresh 390,found out I left one vacumn line off and a miss on #3. The vacumn for the brake booster and the heat and a/c functions came off a port in the runner for #3 so I rerouted all to where it gets vacumn from all 8 and it idles much smoother now,I was so glad to see the compression around 170 in #3 since I really did not want to tear a fresh engine apart but it had sat about 5 years before I got it so I was thinking a exhaust valve was not seating.

26. High test 63

High test 63

IMG_4640.jpg
    Final wash after block prep on my new roadster engine. My buddy has a hot tank in his garage/shop. Very grateful for his help and knowledge.
    Next step is measuring crank and bearings. Getting exciting! Lol.

27. Just so we’re clear, the ladies are not vehicle accessories correct?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

cktasto and mctim64 like this.
  28. I took some pictures of a 1958 Plymouth Fury that a dear friend of mine is trying to sell. Only issue is I can’t post it in the classified section using the H.A.M.B. app.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Lil32 likes this.