Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Unusual Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 13, 2020.

1. I was perusing the Ford Barn this morning and ran across a Model A in a configuration that I was unaware it existed, anyone ever restore or build one of these into a hot rod? HRP

Baniff2.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  2. trey32

trey32

Photo won't load for me...

3. I have a bunch of those "landau" bars. there was a time when they were put on everything.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Choices:

VANDENPLAS likes this.

5. This one seems to be different from most. HRP

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  6. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

It's a "Blind Back" sedan, Type 60-A, that someone has dressed up with landau irons from a Sport Coupe. Also missing the stock rain gutters and someone has added what looks like "hide em welt" extended to the rear of the roof.

7. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Oh, by the way, the landau irons are upside down.

8. Anyone ever hot rod one of these? HRP

9. alchemy

alchemy

That's called "over"-restored.

I'm sure there have been 29 fordors made into hot rods, but probably not many.

10. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

[​IMG]

Did this work? I copied it from the original post.

11. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1928 Briggs body 4 door, I have seen a few of these Hot Rodded in Australia. There is an awful lot of timber in them. download.jpg

oldcootnco likes this.
  12. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Danny, Flop from Pittsburgh drives one of these rare '29s when weather permits. He is the wizard at metal working. He loves tacos BUT has never sampled what Texas has to offer. I'd like to buy one for him someday, maybe at the Lonestar Roundup if we ever have another one.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. Huge difference in authentic South of the Border Tacos and Taco Bell. HRP

greybeard360 likes this.
  14. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

South of the Border Tacos? Now, you are making everyone hungry. When we were unsuspecting teenagers wandering around the Baja beach towns between surf sessions, we usually ate what we saw with our eyes, not thinking of what was in them. They just looked good and smelled outstanding.

The local street vendors were selling "street tacos" 60 years before they were a brand name in the rolling trucks and now, restaurants. Our experience was dictated by cost in 1960-62. The $.05 cent Tacos were full size corn or flour, filled with a red sauce. And, of all things, it was mashed potatoes and grilled veggies, inside. The $.10 cent Tacos were filled with grilled meat in medium size corn or flour tortillas. What meat? Who cared, it smelled great, tasted even greater and we did not get sick for the whole week of camping and surfing all day.

Since our dinners consisted of locally bought steaks and hamburgers, we felt like we were in our own private beach front cliff site. Sitting around the campfire, grilling our steaks, looking at the moon and waves rolling in just below the cliff top. One of our friends actually paddled out on a full moon night, one year. We had to paddle out to save him, when the kelp caught his fin and threw him off into more kelp.

Jnaki

But, those $.05 and $.10 street tacos would just make anyone, especially hungry teenagers, scarf down plenty of them and then go take a nap. (until the afternoon "glass off" waves came rolling in around 2:30 pm.) Thanks for the memory, now I am really hungry.

As far as that cool Model A sedan was concerned, there used to be one of those always sitting on some corner of a parking lot, advertising a local exterminator company in So Cal. (or a similar one with a different top, but 4 doors.)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    pprather likes this.
  15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Craigslist ad here in Michigan.
    What he calls a "half leatherback".
    Different than what you're showing, Danny?
    I think it's the same...

00i0i_jLg2PSRHNGZ_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_iYjsq9MMJAh_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg

00k0k_84sOFmJZcqL_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_cL1ZDYbfrGF_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020