Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Music Video of the Day: Black Grease

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Music Video of the Day: Black Grease

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Rusk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. brady1929

brady1929

5. Beautiful 36! East Bay does great work!

6. Yep, that is the picture of how to build a 36 3 window at least in my mind!

7. sololobo

sololobo

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Top notch work and really good guys.

9. The beautiful, unchopped, 3 window in the video is Brandon's. A perfect example of his style and restraint. We took the same approach on my old '36, but I did talk him into cutting this one...

Obviously the car was a collaboration, but the sectioned Olds bumpers and '41 dash were his ideas. I had a '38 Zephyr dash and steering wheel for the car, but as the build evolved, he convinced me they were too much for this car. He was right. In my opinion, the chop is one of the best of all time. We took cues from the best early '36s....the Calori and the Pierson. And like those, it wasn't cut at the beltline.

Some people didn't get the car and said the we should have considered whitewalls. Like that thought hadn't crossed our minds....haha. Besides us, the guys who really got it are the ones we look up to. And we both agree, Grandpa would have loved it.
    0J1A0138.jpg 0J1A0183-2.jpg 0J1A0222.jpg 0J1A0058.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  10. Beautiful car. HRP

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

That's a shame that they stole the Black Angels' song "Black Grease" to promote their business, but didn't even give the band credit for the music in their "music video". But cool car.

54 ford coupe likes this.
  12. Hellfish

Hellfish

Here's the band's actual music video. Credit where credit is due.

Boryca, Max Gearhead and traffic61 like this.
  13. Bryan,

Thanks for chiming in!

I knew the '36 in the video (shot in 2017) was Brandon's ... but didn't want to call Jay out on his own Blog :eek: ... plus these two sentences:
    ... made it sound as if Jay actually intended to include photo(s) of your bitchin' 3wd in his Blog ... but those image(s) somehow didn't get "published" ... but rather only the YouTube video (featuring Flaner's bitchin' 3wd) was included in the Blog posting.​

Todd

Rusk likes this.
  14. Thanks for finding something negative to kill the thread. And yeah, credit where credit is due...

BG1.JPG

BG2.JPG

15. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Yup- I messed up-- Not getting enough sleep lately... @Rusk thanks for jumping on this thread too- Your car is awesome.

16. Curt Six

Curt Six

I’ve spent hours looking at the details of the cars they’re building. Engine bays, interiors. They catch all the details...really like the stuff they’re turning out. Cool video too, even if they are music thieves. (Joking.)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. Wow! That car is beautiful! Breath-taking really. I just gained a whole new appreciation for Hollywood Flippers. Guess I never noticed how cool they look in motion.:).....Don.