Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Quotes to live by...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Apr 2, 2018.

1. 55Belairretrorod

55Belairretrorod
    from Australia

I believe it was Churchill also who was getting a bit loud once at a function and a woman said to him "you sir are drunk" to which he replied "and you madam are ugly, but I will be sober in the morning".

2. 31 5w

31 5w

My Dad used to say, They told me to cheer up things could be worse-sure enough, I cheered up and things got worse!"

olscrounger, clem, j-jock and 3 others like this.
  3. 31 5w

31 5w

Another one I learned to live by 68 yrs. ago,"If you s--t on the rungs of the ladder of success on the way up, you will surly get your hands in it on the way down." AKA golden rule re-stated.

j-jock, Boneyard51, X-cpe and 2 others like this.
  4. Apache Albert

Apache Albert

When looking at a problem don't forget KISS: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPUD

Albert

Boneyard51, X-cpe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mark Twain is good medicine for what ever ails you !
    TWAINS MOTTO.JPG

clem, Boneyard51, X-cpe and 4 others like this.
  6. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Baxter Black, famed cowboy poet and former large animal veterinarian, was once asked to give a commencement speech to a large graduating class of college students.

He had his speech all written down and when he stepped up to the dais, and looked out at all of the young faces with a skull full of mush, he put his prepared speech back in his pocket and said these words of wisdom to the young crowd, knowing full well, it would not mean anything to any of them .

51BM3jM0txL._AC_ (3).jpg

1. " Never squat when wearing your spurs "
    2." Always drink upstream of the herd"
    3. "Always tell the truth and ride a fast horse "

At that point, he tipped his hat and gently walked off of the stage!

bax_w_blue_325x (2).jpg baxter black.jpg

7. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bax has one helluva ,mustache!

41 GMC K-18 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. One I learned a long time ago is, that optimism is a choice.
    The optimist has to have the mindset, that when presented with a room full of horseshit, he is filled with glee, and starts digging around looking for the horse.
    Bob

Boneyard51, R A Wrench, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  9. outagas1961

outagas1961

churchhill on the R A F keeping the nazi's out of england..."never has so much been owed to so few by so many"

10. These guys are like a bunch of monkeys, if they can’t eat it or fuck it, they shit on it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Boneyard51 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. The quote is Churchill's, but it is slightly different.
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.'

There was a substantial number of fighter pilots from throughout the British Commonwealth, such as, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa, as well as from Poland, Czechoslovakia, and Americans who had joined the RCAF.

Bob (ex-RCAF pilot)

chopped, Lepus, chryslerfan55 and 5 others like this.
  12. Apache Albert

Apache Albert

Man who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.

Albert

chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  13. jnaki

jnaki

“To Like What You Do and everything will come to you."

Hello,

Over the years this has always popped into my head. As a teen I knew I had to find something I would like to do, besides being a touring pro surfer on a retainer for some big company…ha! But all along doing the different things throughout the course of history, it was something that was a thing “I liked to do…”

So, in every step of growing up, college, and future jobs, it was fitting nicely in terms of being happy. Being married to the dream was life falling into place. It was all coming to me because I liked what I was doing in my choices.

Jnaki

My wife liked the relationship building, too. We were secure and it was all happening for us. In the lasting years of retirement, it has all come to light that we like what we are ending up doing together and we have enjoyed the ride along the way.

“To Like What You Do and everything will come to you." It has and continues to the next saga..

14. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Jnaki, I must have lived under that statement! I’ve had three “ real” jobs in my life and liked all three.... and most of the little ones too! Lol.......good advice!

Bones

15. on a similar note,

live like a dog. If you can’t eat it or screw it, piss on it

16. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

That’s exactly why dogs piss on hub caps!

Bones

17. jnaki

jnaki

“WATER ALWAYS WINS”

Hello,

Sorry for the folks living in hurricane alley near the Eastern seaboard, all through the Caribbean Sea, and the Gulf Coast. This is a fact of life everywhere. It is nature at its most powerful and destructive force. The latest is a series of 5 tropical storms/hurricanes headed for the whole Eastern Seaboard/Gulf Coast area. Batten down the hatches or better yet, evacuate now. It is an unusual phenomenon, but it is happening.

Ever build a sand castle at the beach with a deep trench and foot high wall/berm to keep the water away from the castle? It looks like more sand making a thicker wall and being taller will withstand the water rolling back and forth. But, “Water wins…”

As teens and adults, we are always affected by water. Sometimes it does not feel like water is winning, but it always does. If you missed the rain last week, the water goes into the underground coffers and eventually seeks the surface. This is where it turns into moisture/evaporation and here it comes in a full circle… your friend, water on your head. "Water always wins."

Jnaki

As surfers, we try to harness the water in many different ways. As good as a ride can be, water wins in the end, with a slap in the face, tumbling down the face of the wave, or being held under for quite some time.
    Despite some great days, in the end, there will be some rides that just can't work in that moment, and then as you are falling, water wins...

The areas that are affected by the extremes of water, hurricanes, storms and even frozen water, it will return to you in many different ways. Water is in our life cycle, as we are all about 60% give or take with different body styles and age as a +/- factor. So, "Water always wins." Be prepared…

18. Man plans.......The gods laugh.

GuyW and Boneyard51 like this.
  19. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fire always wins too. My cousin in Minnesota always calls when Taxifornia is on fire and worried. I’m a flat lander. I like the mountains but would never live there. I like the beach but would never live right next to it. I love and race in the desert but wouldn’t live there either. Our daughter is looking right at a hurricane in Florida. We visit, we don’t live there. Choose wisely like Indiana Jones did in the movie...

20. 54poncho

54poncho

You bullshit the baker you get a bun you bullshit me and you get none.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

21. jnaki

jnaki

"It really has surprised us how little you need to be happy and fulfilled"

Hello,

My wife and I have been together over 54 years. (4 while we were in college and the rest in recent times.) We have accepted the fact that we did not have a ton of money. We had no aspirations to be wealthy. So, we just needed a place to stay , as we grew old together, while we make our way through society. We have been accused of being a close-knit team of two and that was fine for us. We loved being independent against all odds. And there were lots of “all odds” throughout the long span. The hot rod stage, the surf trip stage, the vacation/road trip stage plus photo shooting road trips all over California.

As recently as a week ago, my wife’s sister told her that we (as a couple) are the most “locked in place” people she has seen or has known. We like where we are, there is no other place we would rather be, right now. We also enjoy being together, with our little, needy dog. If you like what your do, the place you have created for yourselves, there is no need to want… other than to see our granddaughter and give her a big hug.

Jnaki

We have learned the difference between what we "want" and what we "need."

Therefore, the quote:

"It really has surprised us how little you need to be happy and fulfilled." With our vast history, we are that.

22. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Don't jump a fence if your not prepared to deal with what's on the other side.

41 GMC K-18, Thor1 and Boneyard51 like this.
  23. Illustrious Hector

Illustrious Hector

That one actually came from Catfish Hunter

24. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

If you don't discipline your children society will.

25. X-cpe

X-cpe

If only that were true today. It seems like society today is busier trying to creating excuses for the lack of discipline.

26. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

dont stick a fork in an outlet
    dont except a drink from Bill Cosby
    dont accept a ride on a dark night in a windowless van
    and dont lend out your tools

27. cfmvw

cfmvw

Where are you now, where do you want to be, and how are you going to get there?

No idea where I got it from, but it has helped me a lot in life.

Thor1 and Boneyard51 like this.
  28. Guthrie1068

Guthrie1068

My dad had a couple:
    Figures never lie, Liars figure.
    One that has always kept me out of trouble, "Mind your own business."
    and when he saw something really cool, "it's like a sore peter, you can't beat it."
    Beauty is only a light switch away.

29. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not so sure. Smokey was 23 years older than Catfish ....

Boneyard51 likes this.
  30. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

One For Guidance... 107594964_161098798867795_3428131102179129957_n.jpg