Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical electric wiper conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by msgt tank, Sep 2, 2020.

1. fordor41

fordor41

on my '41 Ford I used a Honda CVR rear liftgate motor. mounted it behind the glove comp, ran a linkage to the stock, gutted vac wiper motor, had adj everywhere to get the correct sweep, park position. worked great and silent!

neilswheels and msgt tank like this.
  2. Fordnut40

Fordnut40

Newport to replace the vacuums in my '56 Ford Ranch Wagon (they're great) & a similar system I just bought from Speedway to upgrade the old single speed/non-parking electric on my '40 Ford coupe.

neilswheels likes this.
  3. Over here it's legal to have just one on the driver side. I used a Ford rear wiper for the vee screen on my OT car. Later added another on the passenger side controlled by a second switch.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Is a New Port wiper switch any different/ better than the Speedway Motors switch ?

neilswheels likes this.
  5. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Re the lucas/cable drive, loads of cars used them over here (UK) and are readily available.

Was also gonna ask about the speedway motor, as I have a 40...

6. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

Hey Jethro, could we get some pic's of that install. I need to do the same thing, Thanks Mike

7. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Mike, it was maybe 20 years ago that I did this.....I'll go take a look under the dash to see if I can get any good shots. I think that it's kinda covered up with wires and such. What I remember was it was a pretty easy install though. I just made a bracket that copied the vacuum motors mount. I do remember nearly losing a couple fingers when I had my hand in the works and hit the switch......ouch!

8. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

S10 Blazer rear window motor. Used a later one that has intermittent and regular speeds. I have a thread around here somewhere... brb.

Copper Top likes this.
  9. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

10. Paul 60

Paul 60

olscrounger likes this.
  11. I use VW Beetle systems. Get the whole system including the motor, bracket, arms, and wiper shafts, and switch and modify to fit. I am cheap. Have put them in '36 Pontiac sedan and '53 Chevy pickup.