Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Nature has a way to eliminate no longer productive people

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys36, Sep 3, 2020.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Rookies... wait till you pour paint in the gun without putting the needle back in.

2. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I'm 75 and got my second heart valve replacement last week. I live in the country and can pee from the porch, in the yard, in the driveway, any where along the 2 mile dirt road to get here. My DNA is thus widely scattered. Sometimes I even get my zipper down. That is my next personal restoration project. I was going to get my hearing fixed next but I don't want to hear people talking about my wet pants.
    Whenever I find my self in a room and I don't remember why I'm there I just start putting things away and organizing stuff. That works well as long as I'm not at someone else's house.

j-jock, kaspar, dan31 and 14 others like this.
  3. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  4. I have a wonderfully snappy response to your post, but first I need to step away for an hour or so to try and find my glasses...

[​IMG]

5. Darin Younce

Darin Younce

around 20 years ago , I sprayed por15 under a big dump truck .Next day I got up and climbed under and checked how it was looking and saw a couple places that needed to be touched up , got out my sprayer , crawled under and hit a few spots , thought something was not right , then I realized I forgot to put my mask on. I swear I coughed for 2 days over just a few seconds of spray.

6. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Im 62 and still doing my electrical work. Many times I go out to the truck to get a part and forget what it was, I root around until it comes to me and proceed looking like a good electrician.. LOL

I do stay concerned about getting knocked on my a$$, that $hit don't play, especially with salty skin...

Blues4U, 61Cruiser and williebill like this.
  7. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm glad that searching for misplaced stuff in the basement is offset by the discoveries of stuff I forgot I had. List them right away on eBay so it never happens again. Bob

safetythird, Jet96, Rickybop and 2 others like this.
  8. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

If you haven't forgotten where I put the list.

loudbang likes this.
  9. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used to open a beer and then forget where I set it down. Had heart surgery so I no longer drink, problem solved. Now if I can find one of my many pairs of cheater glasses, I can look for my water bottle, work for a few minutes and then try to remember where I left my cane..

10. I'm totally fine, I was never valuable to society in the first place. :D

fauj, williebill, Droopydogg and 7 others like this.
  11. big john d

big john d
    from ma

AND DEEP

loudbang and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  12. I see there are many things we share as a group..not just Hot Rods.
    Surprised nobody hasn't brought up the dropsies, for no apparent reason I seem at time to just release pressure on what I'm holding and to the floor it goes, most of the time to that black hole in the shop, not to be seen again, until I do find it later searching for something else, only to wonder what it was for.

13. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

I can relate to this one for sure!

loudbang likes this.
  14. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

Yep, I keep the magnet on a stick handy cause I know there's gonna be a nut, bolt, washer or something hit the floor.

mr57, Jet96 and loudbang like this.
  15. spanners

spanners

Holy shit! That's a relief. I thought it was just me that dropped stuff.

Deuces, safetythird, Rickybop and 2 others like this.
  16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys are absolutely cracking me up this morning.
    LOL!
    Started my day out real good.
    Thanks.

I've been sandblasting the inside of the indoor swimming pool. It's kinda like being IN the sandblasting booth. I'm taking precautions... windows open, exhaust fan, mask, goggles, hood, etc. I do a section, then get the hell out of there and let it air out.
    There have been a couple times I've forgotten to put my mask on before I started. LUUUUUV the smell of pulverized glass in the morning.

Okay... everybody have a good day trying to kill themselves!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    pitman, Six Ball and loudbang like this.
  17. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've spent half my life looking for the tool I just set down...and it's getting worse:eek: And everything I drop nowadays, seems to end up under something, requiring me to get on my hands and knees to retrieve it...which is a whole new (some what painful) adventure in itself:mad:

Deuces, Driver50x, Six Ball and 3 others like this.
  18. moparboy440

moparboy440
    from Finland

19. phat rat

phat rat

Sure is a big family of "brothers from different mothers"

20. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

There's been times I ended up buying something at a swap meet only to find it was something that I had sold the year before I bought it back. Being forgetful does have it's advantages. You can hide your own eggs for your Easter egg hunt.

Deuces, 47ragtop, Lepus and 7 others like this.
  21. Yours was a matter of brain fade, and true health risk, but personally I have always found the first people who have to put PPE on to do most minor of tasks are the same ones who are completely reckless in all other aspects of life.

The same guys who have to put ear plugs to run a grinder for 30 seconds are the same ones who drive around with music so loud you can hear 100 feet away with doors and windows closed.

They are the same ones who use dust mask because there is a little dust in the air then go out and chain-smoke at break and lunchtime.

Then do things like use pallet jacks as scooters, pick themselves up and ride on the crane. Leave work and drive over 20 or 30 miles an hour speed limit without seat belts on.

I am not saying don't be safe but a little moderation goes a long way.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  22. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yesterday after breakfast my wife asked where my coffee cup was.... searched all over even places I never went that morning... found it right where I left it in the microwave still warm......the golden years are getting a little rusty:eek:

Blues4U, Deuces, Six Ball and 4 others like this.
  23. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

24. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Last night I was modifying a set of stainless headers, and stopped to re-tip the tungsten. After getting distracted, and started to weld, with a filler rod in my hand, and noticed I hadn't replaced the tungsten. I looked all over for the missing tungsten, and the frustration ended, when I found it in my left hand. It probably wouldn't have worked as filler rod, anyway.

25. gatz

gatz

LOLOL too funny

I do that alot anymore..... and it always comes as a surprise....as often as it happens, you'd think a guy would learn.

Six Ball likes this.
  26. Before I retired I would commonly say. "I'm old and I forget $hit." Now I still forget.

27. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

What I really love is spending 10 minutes digging out every tool I need to do a job, another 10 minutes going thru it in my head to make sure I have every tool I'll need.

THEN I crawl under the car with the tools only to find out the very first tool I need is still sitting on the bench 30 ft away!! Then its crawling out and going to all 4's until I can work my way back to a standing position only to do it all again....

28. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I was replacing the receptacle end on my welder cord. This cord comes from the breaker in the wall box. I shut the appropriate breaker off and took the old plug off. Then proceeded to cut off the end of the wires with my strippers. BRIGHT light, !!BRIGHT light!! I still have not found those strippers, no shit! And I have looked everywhere. I must have thrown them when the fireworks started. My electrician buddy came over and said, hey you old fart why didn't you just shut ALL the breakers off instead of one?? I said cause I knew which one it was! He laughed for five minutes. Lippy

fauj, Droopydogg, hotrod1948 and 6 others like this.
  29. When you are born, before you ever leave the hospital, the doctors should be telling you about this kind of stuff that's in store for you. (Maybe they did and I forgot. :confused: )
    I used to be able to think about more than one thing at a time. And I could make a 'day plan' and stick to it. Remembering a measurement from last week while at the parts store today? ........meer child's play. :cool:
    My mind was a cross between an encyclopedia and a Rolodex. Do you think it's a coincidence that since encyclopedias and Rolodexes are now extinct my mind is down to only hitting on 2 cylinders? .....I don't think so.
    And another thing; I used to have skin like a Rhinoceros. Nobody told me that when I got old, just the thought of
    picking up a pair of pliers would give me a blood blister*.

*I apologize if by mentioning pliers any of you old guys got a blood blister. I didn't mean to.

30. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Thanks guys, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. My Dad says it only gets worse.

Deuces likes this.