Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Nature has a way to eliminate no longer productive people

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys36, Sep 3, 2020.

1. As we age we become less productive, less valuable to society. Nature has ways of eliminating us tares. I was priming a part in my paint booth. I got out my 3M mask and my 6001 cartridges I keep in a ZipLoc bag to protect them. I put on the mask and started painting. I noticed the filters weren't working at all, started bad-mouthing 3M for crappy product. When I finished painting, I went to my counter to clean my gun and there were the cartridges laying on the counter top where I left them. I shouldn't be allowed alone in my shop.

2. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lol, we must be related! I painted the floors in my Ford yesterday and forgot to even put my mask on! I found it sitting on the bench when I cleaned up. Ain't getting old great!!

3. 3quarter32

3quarter32

Did the same thing yesterday. Painted one full coat with mask. Went out to mix more paint, came back in, and about half way through the pot, I thought it sure is strong in here this time,,,,opppps, where is my mask.

4. Scary there are more like me!!!!!!!

5. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Remember the old days shooting enamel and lacquer with no mask at all in the garage with a fan in the window ? I do and you could tell what color you shot for a day or so every time you blew your nose. It's a wonder we made it to old age at all, my habits have changed a lot. Have to be careful about a mask with urethanes, I even wear a mask when I'm doing much sanding now.

6. 6sally6

6sally6

WHY??! Sounds like the 'damage-is-already-done'!o_O............J/K
    I done my share of carbon gouging lead pockets on submarines with just a paper mask!!:eek:
    6sally6

7. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Yeah kind of like closing the barn door after the cow got out but planning on staying around to bother people for a while longer,

brEad, loudbang, The37Kid and 8 others like this.
  8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I was building a display table and used home insulating pink foam panels so that I could sand them to specific contours . The day after I got them all sanded and primed, I started coughing. That lasted 3 days. Thought I was going to die. Then I found out a special mask was required from an architect buddy. At least you guys already had the masks.

j-jock, Driver50x, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was about an hour into a drive Cruising along doing about 35 mph, 4 lane road in curb lane and heard several clanging noises and wondered what the heck fell off...I pulled over onto a side road had a walk around and decided to go back and drive by to see if I could see what fell off...and it turns out it was a small combination wrench...hmmm...Stogy was a little embarrassed but no one was hurt and I was Happy it wasn't a piece of the driveline...:p

I might have left it on the engine while tinkering, or it may have fell out of the cabin through a gap in the door near the rocker...but that clang resonated right thru the rumble with piercing clarity...it was rush hour so I just left it...not worth dying for...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    brady1929, pitman, j-jock and 11 others like this.
  10. Deuces

Deuces

I'm dealing with eye floaters..... What a pain in the ass that is when your trying to read something.....o_O:confused::mad::rolleyes::(

11. I didn't use no stinkin' mask!!
    radiator fan shruod 1.JPG radiator fan shruod 2.JPG radiator fan shruod 3.JPG radiator fan shruod 4.JPG
    radiator fan shroud 8.JPG

12. Thats the second thing that goes, I don't remember what was first.

13. indyjps

indyjps

Theres the flip side, people dont expect you to remember anything. You can get away with all kinds of BS.

If anyone calls you out on it, look right at them. Pat them on the shoulder, say "There you are. Fill it up with leaded, Sonny" and give them a shiny quarter. Walk away quickly. :)

Texas57, Lepus, MO54Frank and 10 others like this.
  14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I dropped a full size truck leaf spring on my foot last night. It hurt. Bad.

15. noboD

noboD

Did you ever start to look for something in the shop and forget what you were looking for?

16. prpmmp

prpmmp

With Men the eyes are the second thing that goes!! At least they have a pill for the first one!!!:p Pete

X-cpe, loudbang, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  17. FB9AA7A2-9779-49EA-8BA9-AA223148D6C6.jpeg

More then I care to admit, WHERES MY DAMN SAFETY GLASSES!!! Look around for 10 minutes only to find them sitting on my head !!

18. RMONTY

RMONTY

Yes, and Ive also been looking for something in the shop and it was in my hand or back pocket!

19. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I’ve spent thousands over the years replacing my every day glasses because I wouldn’t walk 10 feet to get safety glasses or a face shield.

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

More and more often I find myself replying to a thread and....wait. What's this about? Where am I? Did I lock my car? Which car did I drive today...?

21. catdad49

catdad49

Ain't Life Grand?! Complain all you want, it's still better j than the alternative (croak)!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Dick Stevens, X-cpe, Rickybop and 6 others like this.
  22. indyjps

indyjps

Im 44. Things are just beginning to go to south.
    Please let me know approx time when my sack is gonna sag enough to hit the water in the stool. The first morning that happens is gonna be a rude awakening. COLD.

Ive definitely changed my work habits over the years, safety equipment, better tools, better planning for a task, more set up time.

Stay safe out there in the shop.

23. belair

belair

I'm carving my own Darwin award out of a stick of dynamite.

24. 75 now and my biggest fear is walking out the door with my fly down and my dink hanging out .

trollst, Jet96, Desoto291Hemi and 7 others like this.
  25. Just wait until it starts sticking to your legs in the summer heat. After that, you can't wear shorts or you will get arrested for public indecency...

26. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Never, ever, put cutting oil in an empty Windex spray bottle because if you are in your 70's like me, you will just grab it and think its still glass cleaner. You know the rest...:eek:

27. bwahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!!!:D:p

28. fuzzface

fuzzface

"Did you ever start to look for something in the shop and forget what you were looking for?"

yep, that usually happens when you start finding things that you have no clue that you even owned and wonder why, when and where did I buy this item and then I am clueless what I was actually looking for.

29. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Got lucky this morning, found myself in the bathroom and remembered I had to piss

30. wulf powis

wulf powis

At last I'm among fellow travelers, I can relate to 99% of these mishaps!!!

lostmind, j3harleys, X-cpe and 4 others like this.