Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Toe's T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Toe's T

B4BAFBDC-D383-41DC-89A1-76CCB6A62795.png

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

clem, Muttley, Sancho and 9 others like this.
  2. A Boner

A Boner

Nice looking bucket...paint is a little too wild for me. I can picture it gloss black, if it was mine. Great survivor..well taken care of!

dana barlow likes this.
  3. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

The T Bucket.
    Often thought to be everyone's first idea of a Hot Rod. At least mine. I never had one but my buddy did, it was a blast and scary as hell!
    This one perfect for the era. Looks like maybe a small block FORD?

dana barlow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I was thinking SBF, as well.

@Ryan , it'd be cool if you could track him down somehow and do a story on the car!

5. Cool car, Toe and his car look like they where extras in Two lane black top !

Jungle Jalopy, Tim and scott27 like this.
  6. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

YO Brudda! U know that wacko guy from Texas I hear he B in town,,,

ALOHA!

7. Geezz Ryan, you should have just introduced yourself and told him about our little group of Car Guys. Was it the Dog that made you nervous? Ya know we all speak the same language when it comes to our cars no matter the Badge or Address. I would have had to stop also.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. 2935ford

2935ford

Ah, Kauai and Hanalei......use to go to the Islands every year for a month. A week on 4 Islands.

I never saw any Hot Rods while there.

Jungle Jalopy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Ryan,

upload_2020-8-26_7-51-19.png

After going back to Kapaa from Hanalei driving the Rambler Sedan, we wanted to see if the rusted out old sedan was going to be a money maker for us if we shipped it back to the USA. We thought it was a 32 Ford sedan, but recently, was told it was a Dodge. It was sitting in the backyard field of some guy in Kapaa and the outside was smooth, but the inside was virtually gone. We knew from before that 32 sedans were a hot commodity.

So, we were talking about whether or not it was worth it to ship. On the way back, we saw what was the tallest corn field next to the tallest Bougainvillea we had ever seen. My wife’s old teenage years house in the OC had a Bougainvillea growing next to the garage and on top of the roof. We thought that was large. But this one was gigantic. If we were calling it a wave, it would have been “double overhead.”

Jnaki

Your photo looks like it was taken just up the road from this place near the community of Anahola.
    upload_2020-8-26_7-58-17.png
    It was located on Kuhio Highway near the Anahola community, which is about half way to Hanalei. That is where the tall brush/trees line the highway very closely. The beach is hidden beyond those thick trees and the surf is really good. Primarily, because hardly anyone can see the waves from the highway.

The beach is supreme for just relaxing and it just seemed isolated as some of those thick trees have grown down to the water’s edge. It brings in a wave that wraps around the point in the summer months. It might be worth checking out for a simple, but beautiful beach for the family.

That portion of the Kuhio Highway is made for open roadster cruising at any speed. But, the surrounding areas offer views that could be causing a lot of distracted drivers. Stay safe...

10. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

That car has 10lbs of "it" in a 5lb car. Damn, its perfect, gaudy paint and all.

Tim, belair, scott27 and 1 other person like this.
  11. The scenery is stunning, I noticed the California license plate, I wounder if the car was built here in the states.

It's a great looking car ideal for the location. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Wonder how he carries his surf board in that? Great photos, never know what you'll find on a road trip.

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Aloha - very good "eye" catch to see it with it's custom 70's style camouflage paint job - type that fits in with the brilliant colors of Hawaii

14. That things cool!

Jungle Jalopy likes this.
  15. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Years ago I took a visit to Kauai (2007 or something) and saw a chopped 53/4 Chevy in a driveway in grey primer and what appeared to be an RPU tucked away in front of it half obscured by a tarp.
    Was surprised to see rods and customs that far off the beaten path. Surely there are fans of them out there but it cannot be an easy hobby to have!
    Beautiful location to own a roadster.

16. Wait, you Flew to Hawaii, like in a Plane?
    Its a cool Bucket, cooler there as an Island Cruiser. and the Driver seems to be a laid back character, thanks for the pic!

17. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This one surfaced around here about 5 years ago, after a long time in storage. Steel body, quickchange, a real time capsule . T-Bucket 3.jpg T-Bucket 2.jpg T-Bucket.jpg

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm on someone else's island during a pandemic... So, I'm super paranoid about being inappropriate. Things are different here... and that's why I am here, but also why I am being very careful not to offend the local's sense of sensibility... If that makes sense...

Sort of? Hard to explain. Long story. But yes, my family is on Kauai and has been since the day after the epidemiologist decided it would be a bad idea to host the HAMB Drags this year. I'm not a freak - promise... But I have an immune disease and am trying to steer clear of the virus so as not to die... or rack up some crazy hospital bill. A lot of people on the mainland have a hard time understanding that.... which is fine, but fuck that...

That thing is rad...

You know, I'm not a t-bucket guy in any form. I have just never bonded with the choppy lines... But these are pretty rad... and I love Toe's.

There is a surprising amount of car stuff on this tiny island... which I guess shouldn't be a surprise as there was a US Army Airbase here in WWII... It's now a drag strip.

clem, Jet96, Jungle Jalopy and 9 others like this.
  19. I'm gonna guess there's not much bounce in that front spring!

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

21. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

That's what I was thinking ! Also, I think the steering wheel would even clear Pat Ganahl's legs.

Jet96 and Atwater Mike like this.
  22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Here's another t-bucket I always liked... Rob Fortier built it for R&C back in the day. It sort of proved a point to me: No matter how bad/choppy the factory lines are, you can overcome them if you get it low enough.

[​IMG]

23. Ryan, I totally understand your being careful, many of us older farts here on the hamb also have compromised immune systems, I for one didn't live this long to push my luck during the pandemic.

Take care and have as much fun as possible with your family in thet beautiful paradise!. HRP

Jungle Jalopy, Tim and Old-Soul like this.
  24. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As you drive around the island, no doubt you will see this IHC woody, connected with a real estate agency. When we go to Kauai, we stay at the sea lodge condos in Princeville, great views. I totally enjoy Hanaleigh pier. Have fun on your sabbatical. Be safe and be healthy.
    KAUAI woody 3.JPG IMG_0457 (2).JPG IMG_0459 (2).JPG IMG_0470 (2).JPG

25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Never been to Kauai but my wife has been there many times, I have been to Maui and Hawaii and found some cool stuff but it was usually off the beaten path, rental companies frown on it though.
    Man, it looks like Toe is liv'n the life, what a perfect way to motate in paradise.

lothiandon1940 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  26. Always dug that one as well

Outback likes this.
  27. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

in shop 1.jpg Bobtail 28 roadster DB's.jpg Toe's T,yup cool,I love it.
    I'm at a fail to understand those that say "I didn't like T-buckets"< My only guess is,they failed to see a hot rod,do to some odd mind set limit,maybe first T style rod they ever saw was poorly done,or something!
    Pretty near all of us would do something a tiny bit def. with every hot rod we look at,if we owned it !
    And I find that thought fun too.
    In Toe's T,for some it maybe paint,for me it would only be dropping rad.shell down about 2 or 3 in.s so it would line up or be lower then fire wall top lip. < for @RYAN,,= less chop to lines,LOL
    My high school hot rod of 1960 to 62,I still have,gets called a "T" a lot,but it is a 1928 A roadster. The bobtail, of cut off trunk an big rake to a unknowing eye,gets "Love your "T"
    I do love "T"s too,an a T-bucket was what my son wanted. Helping my son Lance,build his dream hot rod,was big fun plus ! I even get to drive my son's "T" sometimes !

28. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Watch your toes... Kookie Barlow's gonna lay rubber!

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

T's are too short to look fast when sitting still... So anything you can do to make them look longer, makes them look better... So, lower stance, skinnier/taller tire, etc...

dana barlow, Outback and Jalopy Joker like this.
  30. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Is it though?
    I'm glad you're doing your due diligence and watching out for yourself and yours (and respecting the locals).

Outback likes this.