Register now to get rid of these ads!

Always read the posts here, but just joined now

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Brian R. Peterson, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Hey everyone,

Huge 1948 Tucker Model 48 Sedan fan here, and I'm a veritable walking encyclopedia of useless facts and trivia about them. Same with Duesenberg.

Hopefully I can draw on your knowledge to help me ID some unidentified photos of Tucker cars and figure out what serial number they could be.

Elcohaulic and 210superair like this.
  2. I doubt we can be much help, obviously you missed the part about the hamb being a traditional hot rod & custom car site. HRP

3. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

There's a Tucker 48 site with all that info on the surviving cars, their original motor numbers, color, as well as current state. Some cool pics on there of the Chicago factory, Preston and his family and workers, etc.

http://www.tuckerclub.org/tucker-gallery/

I'm a fair hand at Tucker general knowledge, so if you have any pics or whatever, throw um up.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  4. I'm trying to confirm if this is Car #1018, I'm fairly sure that it is - thoughts?

Tucker 1018 Maybe.jpg

Also, trying to ID this car as well, the internet lists it at the Chicago Auto Show, but there wasn't one held in 1948?

92934232_10215842941818353_8508335105343750144_o.jpg

Thanks,

~ Brian

5. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I'm not sure it's possible to id it from just a Pic unless someone knew exactly what event, etc . Try the site I mentioned, I believe they have every car accounted for with a complete listing of each car. You can send them the pics to see if they have any info as well. They seem to have a ton of knowledge.

I do love Tucker automobiles and his story, but as harp said, this isn't really a historic automobile enthusiast site, other than for hot rodding. Not much factory specific history here. So you probably won't get such information at a site like this.

Good luck.