Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Springfield Mo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sunbeam, Aug 7, 2020.

1. sunbeam

sunbeam

The Osarks Antique swap meet is cancelled for 2020

2. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Correct. But earlier this week it was announced that there would be a swapmeet in place of the one typically managed by the Ozark Auto Club. The newly scheduled event is on the same dates and it will be managed by the fair board. I would suspect that it will be more of a flea market but not sure.

3. sunbeam

sunbeam

When it is the HAMB drags and the swap meet it was a no brainer. But to drive 600 miles round trip for a flea market.

4. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I don't know how I feel about the fairgrounds jumping in and grabbing the dates after the OAAC cancelled a 50+ year old event due to a pandemic. I especially don't appreciate having spaces reserved for an event that is not going to happen, and now having to rent spaces again for an event that is conveniently taking its place.

I am not looking to make this political, so please don't do that. Just know that there is a whole legacy of work that goes into making this swap meet decent, and just grabbing the dates and saying "yup we're having a swap" does not mean it will be worth attending.

I would like to know if the OAAC was involved in this decision or not, simply to inform whether I will consider attending.

Primered Forever and stanlow69 like this.

5. Jokester

Jokester

6. Jokester

Jokester

7. Long Roof Larry

Long Roof Larry

Nostrebor, all fair questions and concerns. Let me give you the details:
    The OAAC Cancelled their event, notified the Fairgrounds AFTER they went on Social Media, leaving the Fairgrounds with a community of Car Guys thinking the Fairgrounds had something to do with it being called off. The Fairgrounds only makes revenue when hosting or producing an event. They cancelled theirs, we decided to step up and produce one.
    It wont be a Flea Market, and it wont be as large as the OAAC event, but we are trying our best in short noticed.

If you want to discuss further I am just a phone call away, at the Fairgrounds 417-833-2660.

Nostrebor likes this.