Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fear & Loathing The Status Quo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 3, 2020.

1. BEHOLD THE FIELD WHERE I GROW MY FUCKS! FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE BARREN LAND :D:D:D @Ryan you do a lot of work to provide a lot of happiness to a lot of hot rod hoodlums around the world, i hope you realize that. In this shit swirl of a world that we're battling right now, i bet that the H.A.M.B. is the only bit of normalcy and outlet for thousands of us. I've made good friends in the short time I've been here and it's because of your work. Thank you for that. And when you say "kick some teeth in", it gets me excited! Am i gonna get to experience the H.A.M.B. of old?? Let's go bitches! :D:D:D

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks fellas.

I'm not burnt out at all really... Well, I'm burnt out of being around people during this crazy ass time... but certainly not cars or work. In fact, I want more work with less distractions... and I wanna do it with my wife and kids around me...

3. axle

axle
    from Drag City

It's times like this when my gal and I head up to the Cabin, drink a Corona, and decompress ;-)

lothiandon1940, Stogy and Tman like this.
  4. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have a great trip Ryan. Take care of yourself, your family, and when you have time, business. We still appreciate all you do for the community. Ignore the fear mongers and nutjobs.

Stogy likes this.
  5. I remember ordering my 8 ball shifter knob and baby moon hubcaps from JC Whitney.
    Took about 6 weeks.
    Anticipation is healthy, expecting everything to happen immediately is not.
    (Unless it involves an ambulance)

as far as all the crap going on, us teachers have no clue what is going to happen. Add that to the fact we lost 4 technical programs last year at school. Cut backs even before the virus hit the fan. We were sent home in March. I spent the time building a truck with my youngest. He may be off to college next year.
    Work kinda became depressing with all the changes and possible closures. But I can’t let that be an excuse for not trying. So I guess I will sit in front of a camera, teach through an online source and continue on. Crap,I might even toss an air compressor and generator in my bus and have a mobile shop class.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  6. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I added emphasis...

This part right here is what I have been struggling with. In my analog life almost all people are currently short fused, bordering on unprofessional, unsympathetic, um... jackwagons right now. I have reached the point of zero patience for it as it has seeped into every aspect of my life. Like you Ryan, I need a break from *ahem* society, and all of its trappings, and to spend time with my family focusing on them and me.

It isn't burn out perse, it's more of a sense that if I do not get away from folks for a while, I may act on my instinct to beat one of them about the ears and eyes for being a Karen, and that is just not what I want to be about. Never in my 50 years have I felt this way, and I assume it is just the side effect of every single thing in life being flipped into bizzaro land for an extended period of time.

This too shall pass, but until then... I am also going to be taking a leave from work in a few weeks to spend some time not in the fray, with more work and less distractions! I plan to have an unfortunate cell phone accident involving a body of water and perhaps a hammer at a suspiciously early time during my break.;)

Saxman, lippy and Baumi like this.
  7. So, you're burned out on the world right now. Tired of politics, the pandemic and things in general...''burnt out of being around people during this crazy ass time."

Well, here's a picture of a cat on a courtyard wall to remind you to take a deep breath and chill out. Life will go on and at some point it will get back to a version of normal. This too shall pass.:cool:
    Cat in the Garden.jpg

8. Look on the bright side bossman...
    We are not in control
    If a year from now we are living in a Mad Max post apocalyptic world, at least we know how to fix stuff.
    Strap on that spike laden Jason hockey mask and yell as ya ride into the sunset.

55C37800-43B0-483D-B136-F0A978836C67.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Crazy Steve, scotty t and thintin like this.
  9. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It´s not necessarily you. Just like with driving an old car, if something just doesn´t feel right it probably isn´t. So it´s a good idea to pull over and do some troubleshooting. And once you´ve figured out what the culprit is, fixing and improving is the easy part.

10. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I also think that at this point we as a community on this planet have a chance to rethink our ways of doing things and maybe adjust and improve a bit here and there. The problem I see is most people are uncomfortable with change and prefer things to remain " as they used to be". But change will ever be.For my part , I decided to like it, cause if a hated it, it happens in spite of that. Just like my grandpa said: I love the rain, because if I don´t, it rains anyways.

Nostrebor and bowie like this.
  11. Life is all about choices..how/what we choose to do individually is what will determine our fates.

Not to be taken lightly, but consider the game of Chess..what effect will this move have on future moves and the inevitable outcome of the game/life?

Reflecting back on our school years, it seems more emphasis should have been on identifying life options/career paths based on aptitude/passion then on say algebra, biology, and other required classes, that we now can have immediate answers to at our finger tips thru the internet.

Some people struggle financially and/or emotionally their whole lives, because of a poor career choice they've never been happy with.

12. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never did yoga so I ´don´t quite get what you are trying to tell me with "see but don´t stare" :D English is not my native language so please bear with me. Maybe I just misunderstood your post or I expressed myself not the way I meant to in mine. But my intention was not to change anyones lifestyle. What I meant to say is something like: If there´s a rattle, take your time, pull over and see if there´s something wrong. But I´m not quite sure if that makes any sense at all...:D

13. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Maybe this will help you understand what he meant when he said "it's OK to look but don't stare", it was an attempt at some humor for Ryan https://www.google.com/search?q=yog...rome..69i57.6345j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Baumi likes this.
  14. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

15. Congratulations Mark! Having worked in a situation like that I know where of you speak...

And for Ryan; enjoy the time away from all this crap!

Blue One and Moriarity like this.
  16. Reidy

Reidy

Mate, you don't happen to work for an internet security company. You know the one, just type the word to get access.

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Kauai is whispering in your ear.

-Brent-, Baumi and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. Roothawg

Roothawg

My question is why is Norwell up at 3:35 am? Go to bed you heathen!

Baumi, Jeff Norwell and Moriarity like this.
  19. Roothawg

Roothawg

Congrats Mark! I am envious of the retiring part, not all the other BS.

Moriarity and Nostrebor like this.
  20. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I prefer the Hawaii island of Molokia. Not a popular tourist destination, but as close to paradise as I can get. I like to get off the beaten path to the quieter places. I hope to return there someday soon.

Tman and Roothawg like this.
  21. I get were your coming from Tom, we are all tierd of the crap that has disrupted the world and especially our love of cars and traveling around in them.

We just gotta except what we have no control over and try to keep our heads when everyone around us seems to be loosing theirs.

BTW, why wouldn't the cat be happy and sleep all day, the cat doesn't have a care in the world, it's well fed, doesn't watch TV so the world in general doesn't interest a cat, the only thing that could be unnerving to a sleeping cat is a annoying Jaybird to attack it while it's sleeping.:D HRP

Baumi likes this.
  22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Well,......NOT retiring or a Sabbatical..... Just working at another fevered Pitch.
    hahahah

23. My point exactly, Danny. “Be the Cat.”

thintin, Baumi and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

I think the sister journal for the HAMB would be more like the YOGIjournal YOGI.png

Stogy, Max Gearhead and Baumi like this.
  25. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-9-7_4-20-11.png
    Hey J,

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of this old sticker from C&O Automotive, would you? They are rare, but were well represented in So Cal many years ago. I am looking for a couple of versions.

Please let me know, asap

Thanks,

Jnaki

26. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This first part is for Ryan,
    " SABBATICAL "
    S = Sunshine
    A = Atmosphere
    B = Beer
    B = Bar- B- Que
    A = Awakening
    T = Therapeutically
    I = Invigorated
    C = Celebrating
    A = Absence
    L = Long-term

This second part is for Moriarity

" RETIREMENT "
    R = Realizing
    E = Everything
    T = That
    I = Involve's
    R = Retirement
    E = Enthusiastically
    M = Mean's
    E = Embracing
    N = No
    T = Turn-around
    ....................................................................................................................................................................................

Time well spent, sitting in the sunshine and letting the sun recharge those batteries ! Take all of the time you need.
    DSC_4539 (2).JPG sun smile.jpg
    Listen to your internal Navigator, she knows the way to an interesting future!
    Its never too late to chart a new course!
    HannaShipsNavigator.jpg

27. Go to Austin Tx., Oh wait you're already there, go to one of those cool little clubs on the main drag and dance the night away. Or go buy another old car, you'll feel good in the morning.