Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Patrick Swayze 55 Ford F100 truck up for sale on ebay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrharley51, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

kinda funny how in the description it says chevy engine not original. the pictures clearly show the engine is a mopar complete with push button automatic. also that photo of Patrick sitting in front of it sure looks like a photoshop to me......

2. Good eye, Mark. Something is just a little suspicious. Either the estate or someone they hired to sell the truck doesn't have a clue! Now, if it were the '57 Chevy he drove in "Dirty Dancing"........:rolleyes:

3. The title shown is for a '56.
    The title was issued 3 months before Patric Swayze passed away in '09. I guess you can say, if the numbers match the title, it was his truck, barely.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Happen to notice the date on the title? it's April 2010, and he died 5 months later. Seems odd for someone fighting pancreatic cancer to go buy a run down old truck and be fighting for their life? Not like he'd be fixing it up, or having it fixed up at that point.

5. uncle buck

uncle buck

The ad mentioned that “Patrick and I inherited this super- cool pickup truck when we bought our ranch in LA”. It is possible it was titled at the the time to help his wife get everything in order as his health was failing. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Title and deed being reassigned is very common when facing death.

Speed Gems likes this.
  7. Yea, it's possible. She is named as the co-owner on it.

8. That's not the issue date. That's the "registration expiration date". (Whatever that is?)
    The issue date is June of '09. Swayze passed in September of '09, 3 months later, I believe. But like has been posed, that's possibly to get his wife's name on the title.

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

My point isn't that there's any hanky panky with it being titled to him 5 months before his death. It's that being transferred into his name then doesn't really make any big deal as far as ownership, or added value goes. It was simply never used by him, loved by him, or had anything to do with him other than his name put on the title when the end was near.
    I'd never pay extra for a vehicle simply titled to someone close to their passing, and no history with that person.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. The fact a famous owned a car doesn't add a value to me, unless said person was a car guy or in the industry.

The fact Patrick Swayze owned it doesn't add one red cent to it's valve to me.

Zora Arkus-Duntov's Corvette, Harley Earl's Cadillac, or a car owned by Jay Leno or Reggie Jackson I could see added valve

11. As said the title may have been modified to add his wife at that time. It may have been titled in his name for 30 years. You have no more idea than I do what he did with the truck.

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-7-26_9-9-25.png
    Hello,

The idea of getting rid of something that had value at one time or another for a loved one or family member that has gone on to other places, is difficult. Everyone has various stages of grief and it can take longer to finally empty that closet or the row of boxes in the garage. Since that yard is full of "old" stuff, who cares if it is the "ghost" of Patrick Swayze, his wife or brother, finally cleaning up/out that overgrown back yard. A lot of times, large properties hold a lot of stuff, but, in this case, it might be located somewhere else, since the widow sold a ranch property to someone else, a few years ago.

Despite the confusion, this truck is no more in worse shape than a lot of starter projects shown here on the HAMB. This one just happens to have a celebrity name attached to it. If someone buys the truck, fixes it up to various stages of completion, he/she may or may not tell anyone who was the original owner.

At that point in time, unless the new owner is a member of the star’s fan club, it is just an old Ford truck that needed work. The new revised work if it ever gets done, would be the result of the new owner's hard work, not that rusted hunk of a truck in someone’s backyard.

Jnaki

There are a lot of oddball stories surrounding this ranch property and relatives. Relatives, that is a whole new ball game! Maybe the sales of the items are to appease those said relatives.
    upload_2020-7-26_9-11-13.png Bohdi and some other old guy.

Lil32 and 55 Ford Gasser like this.
  13. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Or Probate court

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Bids would be a bit stronger if it was in fact a '56 Ford pickup. Bob

15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Naw...the Riv from Roadhouse.

16. adam401

adam401

It makes me feel a little better that a famous guy can buy an absolute piece of shit just like I do in a weak/ drunk/ careless moment.

17. .................But don't forget, George Costanza bought J(h)on Voight's Chrysler.:D:):D:):D..;)

blowby, X38, golferforpar and 3 others like this.
  18. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

I’m with Palmer, previous owner doesn’t add any value.

CN

19. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Patrick Swayze didn't buy it...it was on the property he bought...he never drove it. His name on the title might add some value but probably not much. Wish I still had the 1970 Nova SS 396 L78 that said on the title, Reggies Cars (Reggie Jackson)...I thought that was cool..

20. [​IMG]
    Did someone say '57 Chevy? Lol

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  21. [​IMG]
    'Bout as legit as the alleged Big Daddy F100

alchemy, Moriarity and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. wow, lots of comments on this...I agree with the comments about "funny business" with the timing of the title, the inferred ownership and so on....pickup went for 7100...a little high for the condition...I told them about the 318 poly motor but they didn't seem to care about fixing mistake....

23. I was unaware Patrick Swayze was an significant contributor to the history of hot rodding.

24. Thank god for Google. I have never watched Seinfeld.

25. Looks like $7,100 was the winning bid.

26. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, could have been first sold in 56 and so licensed as one . Vin will tell the truth on to when assembled. Depends on the State.
    Looks like was an overdrive 272 V8 originally with a custom cab. Looks like it could be a great start...