Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tired of homogenized hotrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onekoolkat1950, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Checkered Firewall.JPG

:rolleyes:...Checkered Firewall...Check...;)

Credit to Photographer, Owner

Sancho, chryslerfan55, Jet96 and 2 others like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  5. birdman1

birdman1

Oh yea, do your own thing and get heckled on the Hamb. I make my cars the way I like. If it isn't built according to the ass- kissers cookie cutter standards, they 5ell me I'm doing it wrong! LOL can't please everyone, gotta please myself. 1594915141023_0_IMG_20200715_143043581_HDR.jpg

210superair, Stogy, Jet96 and 2 others like this.
  6. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I took my tractor down to help a friend clear some weeds and brush yesterday. Afterwards we were having a beer in his shop and I saw some pictures of this vintage race cars that he raced in Northern California. Next time I'm there I'll try to get some pictures of them.

Stogy likes this.
  7. I want this. was it posted for sale? rusty race car.jpg

ct1932ford and Stogy like this.
  8. tb33anda3rd and Stogy like this.
  9. @tb33anda3rd
    Googled the picture, lead to a story about a contractor discovering a cache of cars in North Carolina, about 2 or 3 years ago. I'd link it if I knew how. Here' an excerpt.
    "When he was hired to demolish an old building and clear out a property in North Carolina, contractor David Mount surely didn’t know he’d stumble across a treasure trove of 1930s cars. Mount’s daughter, not quite driving age herself, spotted the first car, which was stored inside in a basement garage before the ceiling gave way. The only thing visible was a bit of grille and a pair of headlights under a pile of debris. It was unearthed to reveal that it was a remarkably intact 1933 Plymouth roadster, complete with its signature suicide doors."

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was an estate that was left to rot for years and several vehicles actually quite desirable were unearthed... @charleyw is correct...there was a thread I believe...

chryslerfan55 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  11. now that you mention that I do remember reading about that. maybe in Hemmings?

chryslerfan55, Stogy and charleyw like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  13. tb33anda3rd, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BigO, stude54ht, ct1932ford and 9 others like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. Stogy, anthony myrick and tb33anda3rd like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you may be thinking of @ClarkH's Speedster...it had some similarity as in Rusty Similarities mind you I think his ride was more solid and not the one that was dragged out above...;)

Again I believe that contractor is a Hamber and there was a Thread...

[​IMG]

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/a-speedster-comes-out-of-the-weeds—build-thread.1003005/

ct1932ford, Jet96, ClarkH and 3 others like this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know you met with opposition to your self created flames. I will say many Flames shared in opposition to yours were not Cookie Cutter but Flames from certain periods and...I did post a roadster not to to long ago that had a flame that surprised me it was in fact a mid to late 50s flame but it was and the reason I say surprised is I didn't think they were legit but they were...I often call those that did things like that trendsetters or even a pioneer of creation of...

Flames are a double edged sword around here at the best of times...you have to expect the haters...they were always there...doesn't make it any easier to stomach...

In another coincidence there was an interesting pic I shared recently that actually connects a similarity to your flames beside none other than a T-Bird of a year similar to yours...

HTHU-1961-09.jpg

I'm paying particular attention to the cowl flames...did this possibly inspire yours? Just curious as they are similar and that gives a period connection to it all...

210superair, AHotRod and tb33anda3rd like this.
  19. I can't tell you much about the Bannister brothers roadster. I know that it is now owned by Larry Hook, a pin striper from Rhode Island 1-401-333-3326. Someone who may be able to help you more is Paul Aldrich, 1-978-897-5535. Paul owns the Bannister brothers dragster

Stogy likes this.
  20. missysdad1

missysdad1

If you can't handle a little constructive criticism then the HAMB isn't for you. Just be grateful that the "new" HAMB is so politically correct that a lot of us old-timers want to barf. Ustawas that guys actually said what needed to be said. I miss those days.

21. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

The guys that were connected got to say what they thought needed to be said. The rest of us got our posts deleted and banned if we didn't play nice. Most things look better looking back.

210superair and Stogy like this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

dick kraft.jpg

[​IMG]

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=22483

:rolleyes:...Iconic Hotrod...Dick Krafts former roadster brought back by Ron Weeks who I remember from my Street Rodder days as he had a 34 Sedan I really was fond of...

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sancho and Six Ball like this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ea-Vm1NXkAEczmZ.jpg

https://ahrf.com/

:rolleyes:...Don Holliday's Model A powered by a Cadillac V12, ran 108.04mph in style in 1940...

25. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^He needed a better push truck

Stogy likes this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

https://kustomrama.com/wiki/Woody_Lee's_1924_Ford

:rolleyes:...The uniquely engineered Woody Lee T from a collection of Pics shared by Hamber @SakowskiMotors...the 33 in the background is sporting some evolving period licks...that depending on coloring may have been viewed as Flames or Dry Lakes Streamers...

27. mister Bill

mister Bill

I watched a lot of car building shows on discovery when I was in the nursing home. They bought built engines, custom frames, suspensions and brakes, the works. Good to watch, but would never be my thing.

My sister went to seventh grade in 1964 at a regional school that was 7 thru 12. She was madly in love with a senior who had a purple forty ford coupe with white flames painted on the front. I saw the car up close many years later, it had a cadillac motor in it, the motor was too big and the hood could not close, it was up by two or three inches.

When I was ten or twelve, my cousin used to take our family to a racetrack in Plainville Ct. They had red and green forty ford coupes(my cousin called them snakebacks), orange model A sedans, yellow five window coupes, and all of the cars had 'Chets Garage' or 'Rons Mobil' painted on the sides. They had straight sixes in them, and nothing but a motor and radiator on the nose. I cannot watch racing cars today, I am spoiled. Who wants to watch a 2020 nissan.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    chryslerfan55, Stogy and Six Ball like this.
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:... @mister Bill I sure wish you had some pictures...I mean a Flamed 40 Coupe in 1964 with an engine so big you had trouble closing the hood...and yes the racing must have been loud, colorful and exciting indeed...and some of those racers sure had the look...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

34419209_2096651997241080_2768458102784131072_n.jpg

:rolleyes:...Demon Breath...Arrgh!!!

Stuff it full of Loud N' Fast Engine...Get It Down and Get it On!!