Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It's alive!!! A 1957 Fargo Tale....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Nope! Now that there are shiny parts it’s going together for the last time! I’m pushing hard to get it close to done before winter so I can drive it next summer. Provided we get summer next year....

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Blue One and loudbang like this.
  2. Yea I’m up in the air...honestly right now I’m wanting the road of the least work! Part of the fun.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fleetside, No Flames I'm assuming...Great Choice...bring it on...A Friend had a 59 or 60 Glossy Jet Black Ford Fleetside it was a Shortbox with Slick like rears and Littles up front on Cragar SS...Those would be nice on your Truck but so would 3 x 2s and Headers...maybe you already have that...:)

4. loudbang

loudbang

Get Moose to do the same shot with stock fenders and post them together. But those look pretty good and if they are cheap all the better.

5. Ah hell...why didn’t I think of that!

loudbang likes this.
  6. What about going back a few years with a 64 stepside fender? More roundiness (if that's a word) and less straight lines. 20200717_124256.jpg

7. Trying to work with what I can afford! If I was rich man like you Lloyd I would spend the grand on the Dodge ones!

8. IMG_2140.JPG
    IMG_2141.JPG

Well shit....

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  9. loudbang

loudbang

Not that much difference go with the least expensive ones. :)

Bet without the photo spread not too many people would know the difference (like me) LOL.

ps great job by @themoose

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  10. I’ll see if my leads for Dodge ones pan out then decide

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  11. I'm rich? o_O I wish! If that was the case i wouldn't have to work every single day! :D if you was in my area, I'd put you to work!!! I like the dodge better, but if you want them longer, take a deep breath, fire up the death wheel, and cut em! The Chevy fenders look good proportion wise, but the different shape of the wheel opening is what I'm tripping over. You could soften the sharp corners and they'd be slick ;)

12. I'm no moose, but something like this... 20200717_184853.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  13. If it ever stops raining for more than 10minutes here I can go get a complete long box stepside that I think may be quite nice but I’ve only seen one crappy picture of it

Ironically it’s a Fargo box on a Chevy truck, go figure

14. goldmountain

goldmountain

loudbang likes this.
  15. I would absolutely, I know where there is a stepside ford but the owner wants a lot of money for the truck.

I think I need to be patient, not one of my strengths. I have plenty to do still until the box starts holding me up.

I also need to pick one and go with it!!

16. I don’t fully disagree however I’m trying not to have to do a bunch of metalwork...

17. goldmountain

goldmountain

Look for old pickup boxes made into trailers. I remember finding one for a 57 Chev truck on my way home from church and told my friend who was building a truck. It didn't have that ugly spare tire notch.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  18. Oh trust me I’m always on the lookout, I live in the country surrounded by farms!

19. gene-koning

gene-koning

Do all the Chevy step side box fenders have the notch for the spare tire on the driver side?
    I'm thinking maybe the Chevy fender would look better swapped side to side, so the curved part was at the rear rather then the front, but if all the left fenders have the spare tire notch, that could be an issue.
    Another thing that might work with the step side box is a pair of the 48-52 Dodge rear fenders, or maybe even the biggest single wheel trailer fender. Our local farm service store has the big trailer fenders for about $50 each. Gene

20. Gene, no they don’t have the notch for the spare, as far as the previous generation fenders, I don’t care for them. Something will turn up.

Or I’ll get to the point where I either just fix the fleet side box or the stepside fenders that I have. Just hoping to turn up something better is all. I like the fleet side but in my gut it’s telling me it wants to be a stepside still...

21. [​IMG]

I started assembling the front clip today, the park lights are new ones for a CJ Jeep, basically the same as the originals. The difference is the originals have a separate stainless bezel and these have a chrome ring as part of the lens. I only have one original lens and these were $15 on Amazon so they will work for now!

Did a little fancy painting on the front of the frame, yes I brushed rustoleum on it. Good enough for a driver. I may keep going back with the brush, I may not.
    [​IMG]

22. Almost non existent toddler nap time update...painted more of the front frame and the firewall. Looks better. If I was worried about fancy I would be pulling the motor again at this point and painting it, I’m not.

IMG_2146.JPG
    Next week will hopefully be getting the front clip back on. I have a little wiring and odds and ends to clean up before that happens.

23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You really need some concrete for your floor :)

24. Tell me about it...no insulation or heat either...the building is 45’x68’ so I can put up a smaller building for the same money as finishing this one and have this for cold storage still, plus I could put it closer to the house.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Blue One like this.
  25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That’s one of the things I think a lot of people get wrong when they build big garages or shops.
    They put them so damned far away from the house that they practically need to drive to them with a side by side or a quad or even a golf car :D

26. Mines on almost the opposite corner of my property. I have a spot by the house, I want to build a 30’x30’ building there to work in.

I almost built this year, with all the uncertainty now I’m glad I waited.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Blue One like this.
  27. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That uncertainty has a lot of us holding back on doing stuff.
    Truck is looking great!

loudbang likes this.
  28. Thanks!! I’m trying.

29. A little more progress, got the inner fenders painted, I sprayed the rustoleum this time...fancy I know. It can dry for a few days now, it’s mamas week off so we are going camping for a few days at a nearby lake.

IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2149.JPG

Everything should be done now involving the front clip, so middle of the week it should start to go back together. I’ll see how many scratches I can put in it...

Oh yea, and my toddler and I built the table this week, it needs finished as well!

30. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

One fender on, so far so good.

Going on a stepside box retrieval tonight.