Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Ford frame supplier

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lcfman, Jul 15, 2020.

1. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

I am in the market for a 32 Ford frame for a 5 window full fender car. I am looking at TCR Auto Reproductions straight axle frame. Does anyone have one of these frames or have done business with TCR. If so what was your experience?

2. Gman0046

Gman0046

Do not buy a TCI chassis. I made that mistake once.

WiredSpider and Nailhead Jason like this.
  3. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sell 1932 FOMOCO blueprints for the frame, showing all dimensions & 3 views for $50.50 plus S/H charges to your zip code.

DiggerJoe likes this.
  4. Fogger

Fogger

Did you mean TRC in Georgia? If you have one of their glass bodies could be a good idea to buy their chassis too. Then if nothing fits you'd have recourse.

Hnstray and fiftyv8 like this.

5. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

Sorry yes I meant TCR. I looked on their website and they have a good looking frame assembly. My body is a UPI 5 window.

6. big duece, Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Gman, I have had a TCI chassis under my Deuce Roadster for 20 years, 55 thousand miles with zero problems. Why don't you like the TCI chassis?

seabeecmc, redo32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. ............I would like to know as well, thanks.

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I bet that @krylon32 could build you a very nice 32 chassis.

10. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

I have had excellent results with TCI chassis' and parts. Whats wrong.

11. Thousands of miles on this Wescott bodied Roadster on a TCI chassis. What issues did you have Gman? 044-vi (1) (1).jpg

12. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

If you're looking for the best reproduction frame rails you can't go wrong with J.W. Rod Garage.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    The37Kid and Mat Thrasher like this.
  13. bchctybob

bchctybob

Over the years I’ve seen many ‘32s and Model As with the rear wheels and tires not centered in the fenders, a real pet peeve of mine. Almost all of them were on TCI chassis. It could just be assembly errors but it just seems strange that they were all TCI. (I asked). Honestly, I haven’t looked at their offerings for a long time but it seems like they were selling the same stuff they were selling in the ‘80s. There are a lot of better options out there these days.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. clem

clem

exact copy of an original then ...........?

15. patsurf

patsurf

good one....

16. bchctybob

bchctybob

If that's what they were trying to do, they nailed it......

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

Thanks for the replies but I was not asking about TCI I was asking about TCR.

18. I have nothing but good things to say about @krylon32. He builds a damn good product and he is a man of his word which can be a rather scarce commodity these days.

pitman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. 32Dan

32Dan
    from Chino, CA

Don’t have any knowledge about TCR but know of a great place in SoCal you can at least call. Classic Street Rod Mfg, Ontario Ca. Good luck on your build.

Dean Lowe likes this.
  20. The lack of experience with TCR might be considered to be the response to your original question.

Phil

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Centering the rear wheels in the wheel well has nothing to do with the frame rails, position of the rear crossmenber and type of spring does.

Bob

22. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Karl Fjastad owner and makes 32 frames as the Deuce Factory Frame Co in Stanton Ca. Made to any spec you would like.

Dean Lowe likes this.
  23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

All you guys seem to be suggesting anything but a TRC!! And that is what the OP is asking about, TRC.
    Just might be that since he is in TN and GA is next door, that shipping costs could be a factor, all else being equal:rolleyes:
    I, as a lifelong (and proud of it) resident of GA, would like to know more about TRC and their location in GA (it's a BIG state), and their products.:confused:
    Also, what's the problem with TCI?

24. We've all been waiting for the report on TRC. Since nothing is coming forward, op might consider taking that as an answer.

Phil

25. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

When I started down the path on my '32 build, I considered a TRC kit (rolling chassis and body). After talking to several people, a lot of internet searches and several phone calls I ended up with a Pete and Jake's rolling chassis. More options, custom built for my engine location and transmission, very nice quality and the originators of many of the parts used on nearly everyone else's chassis. When talking to TRC a few times, I didn't come away with the confidence in their product that I did when talking to P&J. It seemed to me they wanted to sell one chassis package one way with very few options other than a few chrome pieces being natural finish. Offering one basic design keeps costs down for them. The frame itself looks very similar to P&J design and used mostly P&J parts. Also make sure they are using a Mullins or Borgeson Vega box, not the offshore piece of junk many others use. Be very specific with your questions while talking with them. I felt P&J used top quality parts while most others seemed to skimp on the steering box and a few of the bolt on parts outside the kits they bought from P&J. That's where their profit margin is.

JMO,
    SPark

26. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

http://www.trcauto32.com/index.cfm/...duct_id=30/category_id=16/mode=prod/prd30.htm

Doesn't appear their web site has been updated in 5 years. When I talked to them 4 years ago they mentioned the prices were out of date but I see nobody has corrected that issue yet.
    SPark

27. clem

clem

too be fair, it was a little difficult to make out what you were looking for.....
    (........and everyone got to learn something along the way.......)

The37Kid and Beanscoot like this.
  28. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

charleyw and The ideaman like this.
  29. TCATTC

TCATTC

TRC is in Lavonia, Ga. I talked to them last week, they do not manufacture bodies they sold BeBops bodies and now sell Russ Nomore bodies. They are mostly a rod shop.

30. @lcfman what chassis did you choose for your United Pacific 5 window project?

larry k likes this.