Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Miss Taboo - 56 Chevy custom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Taboo56Chevy, May 22, 2018.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Good Shots and writing. Congrats.

2. I've setup next to Showmad in the past. It's a very nice build but some of the small finishing touches lacked in my eyes. I'd pick Miss Taboo any day of the week.

3. SAY WHY-TEE

SAY WHY-TEE

Coolest 56 Chevy every! Love the Chrysler headlights!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. It is a nice build and the shop that did the work is full of great guys that do amazing metal work, but its too modern for me, though it is nice to see a local shop get a lot of mainstream coverage in magazines and online.

54delray, Stogy, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  5. Wanted to post this up as finally got everything set up this week. This April we will be heading up with Taboo in tow to Spokane this year for the Spokane Speed and Custom Show. Never been to this show before, but have been wanting to attend for a couple of years, just never hit our schedule right, but making sure plans to hit it this year. If any HAMB'ers are planning on attending hope to see ya there in April!

IMG_0685[1].JPG

jakespeed63, 54delray, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  6. sololobo

sololobo

really enjoyed this story, thanx for sharing

54delray, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  7. I was playing around my photo editor the other night with some of the shots I never posted from the magazine shoot I did of Taboo and was seeing if I could get some of them to look like the black and white photos I have of the car back in the early 60's. Think they turned out alright.

DSC_0878.JPG DSC_0869.JPG DSC_0885.JPG DSC_0924 (2).jpg

8. Updated my photo editing software, took a better stab at making some of the newest photos I took of Taboo and make them look vintage.

DSC_0868_edited.jpg DSC_0869_edited.jpg DSC_0878_edited.jpg DSC_0924 (2)_edited.jpg DSC_0951_edited.jpg DSC_0970_edited.jpg IMG_0167_edited.jpg

9. Was sadden to learn over the weekend that Ron's brother Dick Luchs passed away over the weekend. Lost a good friend that I enjoyed talking cars with as I grew up. He helped a lot with filling some of the gaps of Taboo's early years. He also gave us his old Exotics Club Jacket to put in the display as we show the car as well as letting us have all the old trophies of the car when Ron passed away. He also owned the old Infini-t t-bucket show rod.

10. loudbang

loudbang

11. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

I'm a lover of traditional kustoms and shame on me for missing this awesome thread. Back to the top for any one else that wants to read a great story, backed up by history and wonderful photography.

Lot's of shows in Miss Taboo's history, mostly northwest and Cali for geographical reasons I'm sure, but would love to see her in the Midwest, say Salina KKOA or Indianapolis CCR?

Barn Hunter, Hombre, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  12. we would love to sometime hit CCR, but its just hard to justify the towing and hotel costs for us to haul the car back there. Right now its even difficult to justify hitting anything in So-Cal

13. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and Hombre like this.
  14. catdad49

catdad49

That's Great! Congratulations.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bitchin' Perfect

loudbang likes this.
  16. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Just noticed the link when I got on the computer tonight. Too cool. Came directly to the HAMB to mention it ... and I'm late to the party. Day late and a dollar short, so to speak

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  17. Good job D, your hard and devoted work pays off.!!

loudbang likes this.
  18. loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. Slopok

Slopok

With everything else being canceled are you sure this is still going to be held???

loudbang likes this.
  20. The show was pushed to the end of June. Still planning on going though.

21. Truly a fantastic story. Have seen this incredible car from time to time, in various shots, but never knew the history. thanks for taking the time to chronicle all the details. Must have been a daunting task. Picture of you when little, with that scaled down Hot Rod is super cool. This blue and white color combo, is my all time favorite. Thanks in part to the Beach Boys Little Deuce Coupe album cover(Silver Sapphire)
    JT

22. Well this month marks the 60th anniversary of when Taboo was on the cover of Rod & Custom and had a feature within the issue. It also marks when my grandfather began to obsess over the car and hoped to own it one day.
    Rod-Custom-Magazine-1960-May-Vintage-Classic.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  23. loudbang

loudbang

What a milestone that is. :)

24. My birthday was a couple of weeks ago and I got one of those GoPro camera's. So decided to see play with it and see how it does while we shuffled the garage around and woke Taboo up from slumber. It had been a few months since it was last fired up.

25. Looks and sounds great!

loudbang, 54delray and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. madwagon56

madwagon56

Great story always love this car I remember it when it was black, remember seeing it at a shop back in the day on 98th or 99th between Burnside and stark here in Portland. Me and my father now own the X51 I would love to get the two of them together for some picture.

Bowtie Coupe, loudbang and 54delray like this.
  27. I know my grandfather and I would defiantly be up to doing a photo shoot of X-51 and Taboo together, We both have always loved the X-51 and were happy to see it at the roadster show a year ago with the customs display.

28. madwagon56

madwagon56

Yeah Chuch Lawrence had it and got to show it and 3 months later passed away R,I,P. Me and Dad bought it from his grandson. Would be a kick in the pants to get both cars together.