Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Bizarre custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldpl8s, Jul 7, 2020.

1. redo32

redo32

Sorry for the poor photo, there are better ones, but are watermarked. When I first saw this car I couldn't figure out why it looked better than most sharknose's. A section and lowering make the proportions work. Thanks photoshop guys for the approved wheels.
    [​IMG]

2. redo32

redo32

3. redo32

redo32

Graham never made a convertible.
    [​IMG]

4. redo32

redo32

digital rendering from Rik.
    [​IMG]

5. redo32

redo32

6. topher5150

topher5150

Not any worse than those cars from the 80s that were mustangs and tbirds dressed up to look 30s Mercedes

Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

VANDENPLAS and 31hotrodguy like this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that it would have looked better if they had left the Graham rear fenders on it or gone with something that matches the rest of it better.
    It would be fun to see what the photoshop brigade could do with it to turn it from a pieced together with parts out of the wrecking yard behind the body shop to a coach built sports sedan.

8. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Although not something I would build from scratch , I like the basic lines. It has a very luxury sedan feel to it. I would refine or possibly change the grill to hood lines, move the quarter window openings forward maybe 4 to 6 inches and then lay the rear window forward enough to compliment the flow of the deck lid and rear quarter lines. I would also create running boards that ran underneath the fenders from the leading edge of the front wheel openings to the rear openings. These would be painted body color with either raised ribs rolled into then or with stainless steel trim pieces attached. I like the 53 Skylark ish rear wheel well treatment , but skirts would work too. But either way I would reshape the lower rear fender edge so that it contoured to the lower rear bumper edge. These changes would visually lower the car yet retain a 40's sport sedan appeal { think 46/48 Continental } . Paint it a deep maroon, rechrome the wheels and a maroon and ivory interior and I think this could be a beautiful car. OR you can find some old 4 dr what ever with paint pealing off and heavy flake the roof and cut the springs till the rockers hit the ground. Then you would have a real custom!o_Oo_O lol Larry

kidcampbell71 and upspirate like this.
  9. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I"ll drink to that! Any time I see one of those it makes me want to puke.

kidcampbell71 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  10. I'm a lover of long hoods so the front 3/4 is sweetness to me. But I think the extensions on the rear fenders are a fail. I understand that they were trying to balance things out but the extra rear fender bump wasn't needed and it didn't help esthetically. Just doing a bumplastomy may cause the back of the rear fenders to be too square so use a french curve to re-contour and change the taillights to something that works with the new curve.

11. I actually like the little cars. I am not a fan of the grills, but I must admit in the late '60s I built a toothy grill or two for friends cars and at the time i remember think that they were pretty cool.

LOL that's like saying that the flu isn't any worse that Dengue :D :D :D

12. This car is cool and fugly at the same time. HRP

funky car.jpg

13. low down A

low down A

your half right ^

14. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure if this started out as a wagon or? 00Z0Z_ghlkQEJ1hSl_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

Attached Files:

chriseakin and Jalopy Joker like this.
  15. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Grahams look good stock my39-Citadel-3-HAMB-0.jpg

16. Well, I like it,,, and with the exception of smoothing out the grille hump, would just freshen it up and drive the piss out of it. I'm sure most of the "Customs" homebuilt in the years past didn't turn out half as good as this one. I think the original builder had good vision and the car turned out looking decent, not at all like an auto-abortion. Although it's quite possible that I'm wrong,,,,,Mitch....

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  17. adam401

adam401

It looks well preserved. What a neat car. I think with more of a fastback rear or maybe even boatail with skirted fenders it would be a really good looking car. I like it as is though. It has a certain old Popular Mechanics vibe that is really appealing to me.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I guess the original builder must have built the way he liked it and not for everyone else.what a idea

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    RJP and kidcampbell71 like this.
  19. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

There is a point where the shop "BEER" frig should stay close!!!! And I am from WISCONSIN!!!!

20. I wouldn't call it ugly. Its not bad and I am not weird.....

21. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

you are the only one who agrees with me. Looks like a pimpmobile to me.

22. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`ve always wanted a pimp mobile.

kidcampbell71, scotty t and Sancho like this.
  23. Well, I’m in the like it group. I think it could use a little adjusting in a couple places. I wouldn’t turn it down just based on looks alone.

24. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

There’s a Bizarre Custom in New Guinea.
    Once a year a tower is built out of logs. To prove their manhood, young men jump off this tower with vines fastened to the feet. The vines are measured just so that the only thing that comes in contact with the ground is the jumpers HEAD!

A Bizarre Custom indeed.

Whoever built this car must have jumped off the tower.

25. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Not sure if this started out as a wagon or?[​IMG]

Cop pulls him over, "I'd like to see your license(s), please.

26. Wait a minute..."Needs a little adjustment!". WTF! That's a nightmare! I can usually look at a car and think, i see something there. I can save that thing. NOT HERE! Walk away...maybe RUN away! hahaha

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  27. I like it. Beats the hell out of a chopped 49-51 Merc....

28. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Paint it black an skirt's.... B(.)(.)Bies
    (Note : edited) h-hee

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  29. B(.)(.)Bies doesn't need an apostrophe.

Hollywood-East likes this.
  30. S10_Man

S10_Man

Regarding the Graham, I sort of like it, it's different, glad someone else owns it. The 55 Chev whatever- just goes to show some peoples tastes are definitely different. Glad someone else owns it for sure.