Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects DRAG SNAKE "Vintage Terror!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Oct 13, 2017.

1. I still say snake in between the DRAG| SNAKE kinda like the King Kong cornet here how it's spaced
    There I put my glasses on...lol

Screenshot_20200707-223914_Google.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    egads, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  2. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I like what you have ,but I agree the whole thing should be raised 3 inches. I think the snake on the rear quarter looks like an after thought. Besides , even after James built an awesome Fastest On Race Day FE he still thinks Chevys are kinda fast engines! ;);) Do you really trust his judgement?? Hi James! how is that new BOSS motor coming! lol It is all good, your car , your choice. Besides , Randall you got me to like gold over blue , so maybe you might be right ???? o_Oo_Oo_O lmao Larry

chryslerfan55, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  3. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Swade, That's a dodge ! lol

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

So, now that we see this do you need anything on the side? Just go with the strips down the middle.

chryslerfan55, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  5. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Some guys have trouble laying out graphic's properly. For example on James 62, some dang fool forgot to put the Morton salt girl in a bikini between Salt and Shaker! I mean what the heck was that guy thinking!;);) Larry

6. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I played around with it quite a bit last night, thanks for all the thoughts on the issue. I also really looked at Holman Moody prepped race cars (which to be honest I didn't really do before). Dumb! Nevertheless, I noticed a trend with those guys, they were very understated as far as a graphic presence on the cars. The CP competition Proven Logo and then a smaller stacked holman moody is about the max. Sometime just the h and m stacked initials.

So taking all of that into consideration plus the fact that all the original Dragon Snake cars, if they had a snake on wheels placed it on the rear quarters BELOW (I believe) this is my FINAL LAYOUT!

This decision is subject to change at any point with no prior notification to viewers, followers, participants or members of the HAMB community. Furthermore if it shows up at an event with no graphics or stripes on it what-so-ever, there will be no refund offered or implied by promoters, the builder of the vehicle or any of its sponsors listed on the car or not. Furthermore we reserve the right to call this vehicle anything we see fit including Ford, Cobra, Dragsnake, Stupid Piece of crap, Worthless Fiberglass Pile of Shit and any other offensive and or non offensive terms that the moment in question calls for. Please be advised, while at an event or near the car please be aware of flying tools and or parts (normally preceded by one of the later terms just listed). Finally, calling this vehicle a "kit car" in the presence of its owner could result in severe bodily injury and even death. LMAO!

CobraFINALFINAL.jpg
    The Dragsnake logo is scaled down a bit from what I originally thought and just a small holman moody decal on the side. You know what they say, sometimes less is more. Then just to ad something to the snake, since it lost its text, I put the "Powered by hm" circle decal back on it. This is obviously a much more understated look for h&m, which I think must have been the way the liked it.

My bet is they put much more stock in how the cars with their names on it performed versus what they looked like...LOL! OH and check it out, I dropped my original style powered by Ford emblem on their too!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh man that sucks. I just looked at this post on the app and it did not make my attempt at small print humor small. It is on the website though...lol oh well

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, Thor1 and Sancho like this.
  8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Doesn’t matter Randall it’s still funny as hell and in my opinion perfect lmao

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Nicest kit car I have ever seen. :D

10. loudbang

loudbang

Love the "small print" and yes now it is small. :rolleyes:

11. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Changing ones mind every other day is another good reason for not using PAINT!! :rolleyes:

12. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Watch it there James, don't forget, I know where you live! LMAO!

enloe, Sancho, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You know, I like that small print so much, I may just add it to the rear of the car, real small so you have to get down on your knees if you want to read it. Disclaimer! LOL!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    enloe, Sancho, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  14. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I have that on the shirt. ;)
    WYFB2FL.jpg

enloe, cactus1, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  15. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. SR100

SR100

Randall,
    Two observations:
    The Powered by Ford emblem is cool, but is crowds the Dragsnake logo. I don't think it works here.
    If you pull the Dragsnake logo forward a couple of inches, the 'e' isn't split between the door & the quarter. Also, you get closer to splitting drag and snake instead of splitting the 'g'. It just looks cleaner.
    Brent

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  17. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well the Ford emblem is factory so I really don't have a lot of options on its placement. Lol

But you are correct we will adjust the side graphic when we install them for minimum issues with the door etc.

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You need to work on that ford logo and have it say Thanks Dad with a picture of him holding the grille. :D

19. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Lol , I remember her looking older than that. Now I feel like a dirty old man for suggesting her in a bikini. But Randall matured her right up. lol Larry

20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

This the one you remember?
    20200708_211743.jpg

21. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Not quiet that old James . lol

Thor1, loudbang and saltflats like this.
  22. How about moving the Hollman Moody above the front wheel arch ???

Or design one like this in gold with a black border and stick it right at the front of the front fender.

20200709_193741.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  23. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

This is one of my favorite messed up graphics. This was @ Atlanta Dragway an NHRA track when your sponsor is a beverage company spelling "Thirsty" right might be important...... Not photoshop or anything I took this photo at concession stand during Drag Week 2018 (I think). I was in line next to Mike Finnegan and I pointed it out to him and suggested they film it and make some comments but he probably felt it better not to stir up any corporate bad blood. (Or he just didn't think it was funny)

Man we are never gonna get over the bad education stigma in Georga.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  24. Get those signs done in paint. Vinyl is millenial.
    I'd scale up so that 'drag' meets the trailing edge of the fender, 'snake' starts out at leading door edge. It won't be flush, but almost. I like the scale asis, yeh, just raised a few inches. H/M, 289 looks too modern to my eye. A good brushman can replicate the 60's.

By the way, this is extreme criticism. The whole car, lettering included (as is), certainly lights my wick. tHE GOLD LEAF (THAT EYE!) BITCHIN' +.

chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  25. SR100

SR100

I have it on good authority that Shelby's Missouri factory placed those badges closer to the rocker panel...:rolleyes:

loudbang, Deuced Up! and Thor1 like this.
  26. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Randall don't fret the back quarter graphic's to much , they will be covered in rubber from all the hellacious burn outs anyhow! After all this ant no dam SHOW CAR right! o_Oo_O I am right ,right? lol Larry

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  27. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I actually test fit one back there last night.
    I "fretted" (lol) quite a bit last week on the art. Color changes etc. I am pretty happy with it.

20200710_221256.jpeg

Sancho, chryslerfan55, enloe and 8 others like this.
  28. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just playing around this afternoon. We got the final version of our snake on wheels with the Holman Moody circle included on it installed. I am very happy with the size, color and placement etc. I got to thinking about the other original "Snake on Wheels" graphics and thought I would see if I can put all of them together for comparison.

DS3.jpg
    Of Course Our Little DRAGSNAKE Powered by holman moody

DS1.jpg
    The Original SECOND Dragonsnake From Shelby

DS2.jpg
    The Yellow Dragonsnake and ONLY Stage III built

DS4.jpg
    What I call LARSONS Dragonsnake

DS5.jpg
    The Motion Performance KING COBRA

CJ1.jpg
    Not a Cobra, but The Original Cobra Jet Mustang Graphic

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  29. See, that yellow is like my suggestion and it looks great..lol Shelby knew what's up

30. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I like Randall's the best!

Thor1, loudbang and Deuced Up! like this.