Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What's the best mini boost box to keep in your hot rod??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jul 4, 2020.

1. So.....people are moving to facebook? I thought this place was turning into facebook.:D

2. More are probably moving AWAY from FB.

scotty t likes this.
  3. I have one of the mini ones in a small case from Costco, on sale a few years ago for $35 or so. I works good, but if it's really dead you get about 30-45 sec of solid cranking (ok for efi, but bad for an empty carb). I use the larger capacitor type at work and they seem better and start everything but large trucks (all efi), we used to have the packs with small batteries in them and those work great and have loads of back up power for longer cranking, but are heavier.

Solar brands are good for the battery style and are around $100-$130 (smaller single battery one)

I think the other two brand isn't too important.
    Mini:
    [​IMG]

Small Capacitor:
    [​IMG]

Regular with a battery:
    [​IMG]

4. BTQFy8

BTQFy8

5. gene-koning

gene-koning

I had one of those jumper boxes with the small battery in it, one day about 5 years ago my grandson needed a small battery for something and took the jumper box apart and ran off with the small battery.
    I have 100' of heavy gauge extension cord and a good charger with a booster. I haven't had a need for a jumper box for years at home.
    One time we were on the road and had an alt fail, but we found an auto parts store and changed the alt and life was good.
    These days, I have AAA and I'm not afraid to call them if I have an issue on the road. My wife wants to drag so much stuff along for a long road trip, there wouldn't be room for a jumper box anyway. Gene

6. olds vroom

olds vroom

I’ve got the novo genius boost gb40 in my car works great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.