Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical I screwed up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 3, 2020.

1. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I'd help you with that if you were in the Omaha Ne. area (I own a carpet cleaning business) Coffee is tricky and as with most stains using the right thing first is important so you don't set the stain. I have a product specifically for that but the best thing you can do is the soda water thing. Pour it on and suck it up with a wet vac, the CO2 in the soda water will lift most stains and if not it's just water so you won't cause further damage when someone gets to it with the right product. Gary

2. oldolds

oldolds

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. papajohn

papajohn

Let it dry and go on with life. It's just carpet in a car. You built it to drive. You are just adding to the patina. People pay extra for that now.

Or, try Folex. That stuff is great. Spray it liberally then lay a clean rag over the top and it will soak it out

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Thanks. I never think of Amazon as I am stuck in the past and still go to retail stores. I will probably fight the online thing until my end. I guess I just have to face it. I'm one of those guys.

chryslerfan55, HOTRODPRIMER and jnaki like this.
  5. Thanks Gary, from the view point of someone in the business of carpet cleaning I will try your advice first. HRP

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. I too avoided the online ordering until I talked to guys here and on the Ford barn when I was wanting to upgrade my florescent shop lights to led, everyone was telling me to order them from amazon but I went to Lowes and home depot.

After pricing them locally I bought them from amazon for a third of what they cost here in town and the shipping was free, although I saved significantly I still prefer to buy locally whenever possible. HRP

7. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I know it's cheaper but I feel it's another trap and we will pay later like when getting cheaper from China but in the end have to go back to the status quo from the ground up again. I hate seeing our retail stores closing to a few online giants. I don't blame guys for getting the best deal. I just don't want to give in. I know, I'm stubborn.

8. History question: When did they start putting carpet in cars and why?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Your forgiven.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My guess is about the same time they invented the Styrofoam cup...and installed it to soak up spilled coffee:eek:
    Just ask HRP:p

SR100, chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. Gman0046

Gman0046

HRP, be a man and confess you screwed up. Take your beating and move on. Eventually Lady HRP will forgive you.

Lil32, olscrounger and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Maybe an extra prayer on Sunday.:oops:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Does she have a Birthday coming up, maybe some special day?
    I would explain how important the car is as advertisement to the shop, you just want a professional job done to prove your love and appreciation, ... How good she looks driving that freshly polished car.

I think you can handle it from there "cough cough"

14. Well, the wagon originally had rubber mat front, rear and in the cargo area, I was rebuilding the wagon it was my intent to improve the car, do everything the best of my ability, the wagon is near and dear to Brenda and has a long family history from the day it was purchased at Blue Ridge Motors brand new.

The carpet was a natural element in the build, the same as the V8 along with heat & air, the car didn't have ether one when new.

As for the coffee, it was in a insulated cup with a lid but turned over it rolled around spilling the black liquid from side to side.

It's not a major catastrophe but it's my doing and I do try to to keep the car looking it's best for her. HRP

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  15. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about this. Turn the tables, use a little guilt and make it ALL her fault.

"It's your flower shop, you've been doing this for a long time and you know better than to schedule 2 deliveries for the same time. It's all your fault. I was just trying to help you get out of the mess you created"

Yeah, I know that's a BAD idea...but they do it to us all the time:eek:

16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

It's your own fault for drinking that muddy stump water to start with. :p
    Should have been drinking something clear like a Sprite.:rolleyes: Would've never showed up.:p

17. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good luck-Folex is good. One time we were at Hot August nights with a 40 and the pavement was very hot, Car had light tan sq weave carpet. You guessed it black crap all over the floor before i noticed it. Panicked.-wife said go get some woolite and she mixed it and put it on the spots then covered with a towel, It was a bout 105 and she did it several times--all gone!!

dirty old man and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Danny, I spilled a Bloody Mary on the carpet in an OT Buick Regal,drove to the home of a friend who cleaned carpets "on the side", used his cleaning solution for home carpets, blotting it up with a towel rinsed out in a bucket of water till it came clean, then vacuumed dry, all OK.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The sooner after a spill that you clean it up, the easier it gets to get the stain out. the longer you talk about doing it the harder it is going to be to clean up... get out there and clean it, before it is a permanent stain.....

20. I have a feeling that @HRP is going to be sleeping on the couch tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Lil32, hotrodjack33 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. Club Soda and a shop vac. The carbonation adds nothing (no soap film) and the bubbling action loosens the sugar, the creamer, and the coffee in a solution that the vac can draw out. The formula is 'plus nothing and minus whatever you can get'.

chryslerfan55 and dirty old man like this.
  22. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Dawn works wonders.
    Wife just got a new company car. Lexus to boot.
    Got groceries that evening. Didn’t secure the milk jugs.
    One turned sideways and emptied into her new carpeting. Boy was I in trouble.
    Had to remove the seats and carpeting and power wash everything. A lot of work.

HOTRODPRIMER and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

I bought one of these mini carpet shampoo cleaners years ago as a refurb. It has been a fantastic investment. Not only does it clean up dog accidents and spills on carpet in the house easily it is a great car seat and floor shampooer. Coffee on the carpet wouldn't even be a challenge for one of these machines. I spilled a glass of red wine on the light tan carpet in the den and this machine made it disappear in no time. https://www.amazon.com/SpotBot-hand...2FV5G63F2D0&psc=1&refRID=Y0KRG41CR2FV5G63F2D0

24. I took advice from a few guys, one was Mark that said do something and don't put it off, While I was wait on the smoker to get up to cooking temperature I got started with soda water and a little dawn dish washing liquid.

I don't really see the stain anymore but the carpet is still wet, I used the shop vac to get all the excess water out and put a fan in the back area to help dry everything out.

So far, so good but I did get caught by my daughter when she came in the shop and ask what I was doing, I kind of confessed and told her I was cleaning the carpet. :) HRP

25. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Don’t all our wives think it is in our DNA to screw up once in awhile? Just tell her that’s # 1, #99 or the #900th time if your a really bad boy.:p

Lil32, dirty old man and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  26. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Actually you cannot be as bad as me spilling coffee . Wife thinks I would do fine with a sippy cup .:p

27. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I used blue lustre carpet cleaner to get the 3 wendys frosty's cleaned up after some dumb ass locked his braked for a yellow light.i was pissed but happy it cleaned up.

28. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Do the Eddie Haskell......Gee Mrs. HRP, you look lovely today.......

29. SR100

SR100

Danny,
    If she's seen this thread, you may already have... o_O
    Brent

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. cfmvw

cfmvw

Rent a Bissell or Rug Doctor, get the upholstery attachment and some carpet cleaner. Will also be a good time to go through the house and appease Mrs. HRP!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.