Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical I screwed up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 3, 2020.

1. This morning We were busy at Brenda's shop and we had to be at two places at the same time, I drove the Ranch Wagon to the shop and loaded up a large wreath in the back, I drove to Greenville to make the delivery, I took the piece into the funeral home and when I got back to the wagon I realized I didn't leave my coffee cup at the shop but sit it down beside the wreath, I soaked up what I could but it still needs work.

I have tried cleaning carpet in a car before, what would you guys suggest? HRP

chryslerfan55, Johnny Gee and GordonC like this.
  2. Your in trouble!!!

HOTRODPRIMER and Lil32 like this.
  3. I would say apologize and buy her flowers but in this case jewelry may be more fitting!;)
    Also, don't drink and drive.:rolleyes:

4. I am a chicken, I haven't told her.:oops:

I hope to get it clean before I have to tell her. HRP

5. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Try a simple solution of dish soap and water

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Find a bus to walk in front of.

No seriously - no big deal.
    You have regular household ingredients.

- Google is your friend.

This recipe is very similar to the vinegar stain cleaner we use to remove coffee stains from clothes. First, pour a small amount, about the size of a dime, of the liquid detergent on the stain and gently clean the carpet. Avoid aggressively rubbing the soap into the rug because it will make it extremely difficult to get rid of the stain.

Pour the water into a spray bottle and spray over the spot that you just cleaned. Use paper towels to blot the area dry. Sprinkle the baking soda over the top of the stain to absorb any excess moisture. Let the baking soda sit until dry and vacuum up any residue.

If the coffee stain is still visible, you can treat it with one tablespoon liquid dish soap, one tablespoon vinegar, and two cups warm water. Using a clean, dry cloth, sponge the stain with the solution.

Frequently blot the area with a dry towel until the stain is eliminated. Sponge the area with cool water to soak up any residue and blot dry. This cleaning recipe also works great to remove coffee stains from clothes and textiles.

7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Looks like a detail is in order

8. Budget36

Budget36

Ok, gonna sound odd, assume the carpet is in the car, right?

OKay, get your suction cleaner out with your favorite solution in it.

Now wet the stain with more coffee, while wet, get busy with your suction cleaner.

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I would say that its all over but the applause for you for awhile:eek:

10. Thank you Cob. HRP

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

That would be my plan:) If you get caught don't lie, just get very creative with the truth:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang, now I have to crawl up in the boat and get the can. I've used a carpet cleaner that gets down deep and usually does a great job.
    I've used Tuff Stuff since 1969 and it does a pretty good job.
    Or just bite the bullet and run down to a detail shop or if you have a buddy at a dealership the dealers detail guys can usually clean about anything.

13. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

You had to swerve to avoid a herd of cattle, only to save the front end of the car, right?

14. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you can get out..do it. Cleaning the back side and the pad under it is a must.....good luck.

Hnstray and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is what I was cleaning the carpet in the boat with. Blue Magic Carpet stain and spot lifter.
    And yes I did climb my fat old ass up in the boat to dig it out.

DSCN9530.JPG DSCN9528.JPG

16. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I agree with getting it detailed. Tell her when you get back that you love her and harpy 4th. Tell her it was a surprise :)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. spanners

spanners

Try the soda water trick. It works for red wine.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. clem

clem

.....sounds like you’ve spilt a lot of coffee......
    Great advice anyway !
    HRP follow this and you should be good to go.

19. Darin Younce

Darin Younce

Some little brat spilled choc milk im my moms Lincoln nav years ago. Didn't even know it till the smell, and I promise you, ther ain't nothing that smells as bad as old milk. Any who, I had to remove a seat and get under carpet ,pad all the way to floor, I scrubbed floor with reg cleaner, I think it was dawn or something , then soaked the pad and carpet with warm water and arm and hammer detegent, shop vac, over and over till it smelled acceptable, the brown stain was gone and so was smell but spent several hours all together. I bet you will have less problem and should get that cleaned up , it is doable .

20. A couple things come to mind- you could offer to do that delivery for free for her But seriously I have used car wash soap, dish soap, spray nine, fantastic,carpet cleaner- you name it and a wash mitt or clean cloth- wet the area well and scrub like crazy- then use the shop vac to suck up the liquid and it will dry rather quickly if you have the car outside and doors open.
    Good Luck!!!

21. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-7-4_4-38-23.png Folex Instant carpet spot remover...can be used for larger stains, too.

Hey H,

Coffee stains? Wine on a white carpet, spilled sauce on any surface, whether is is industrial carpet or home style tight weave low pile carpeting or the normal carpet in any car… this stuff is famous for the rescue…

Over the years of driving around with and without cup holders and sometimes even with cupholders and a tight fitting lid on a thermal bottle, coffee tends to get where you don’t normally want it, other than your internals. When the coffee places had the white foam cups with lids, that made everyone feel a little more secure drinking coffee as it sat in a cup holder or those circular dents in the open glove box lids.

But, with the first emergency stop, it was all over the place. Now, with the “sealed” lid thermal insulated bottles, one would think it was a sealed deal. Surprise, those still fall over and the clip on lid, the slide open lids and sometimes the whole screw on lids come apart when a stop happens.

Here is the answer to all stains in and around the house, car, sailboat, RV or just plain old garage outdoor carpeting. (not oil stains) but just dirt and footprint tracks from daily usage.

Folex is a product that a real estate agent friend of ours told us to use on our carpets for any type of stains. Dog mishaps, friends tracking in stuff from sidewalks, kids getting in all sorts of stuff and not taking their shoes off, etc. So, when the first coffee mishap happened inside of the house, then it happened in the car, it was Folex to the rescue. It does clean quite well and does not remove any color or patterns in the carpeting. It just cleans as well as any product on the market.

Jnaki

We have lost count of how many bottles we have used over the time the product first came out and the current pandemic stay at home time period. We are not fussy about stains, but when sitting around reading, writing, listening to great music and watching streaming movies, one tends to see patterns on carpets or rugs. So, a little investigation makes it worthwhile in the long run and out comes the Folex.

We should have a bottle in the rear compartment of our cars, along side of the air pump and spare. It is a very good carpet cleaner leaving no stains and no smell, either.

22. well I would suggest ribbed rubber mat. Oh too late for that. Sorry.

I got nuthin man. Sorry

23. 5window

5window

Well, lots of good suggestions, here and I have used Tuff Stuff with success. But, in the cosmic scale of things, you and Brenda have been through a lot worse than this.It's just stuff. You still have each other, you still are healthy and you still have a lot of friends on the HAMB. It will be okay.

24. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

HRP, I am glad this happened to you.........
    Uh........I mean sorry this happened to you but perfect timing for me since I am having the same problem right now and was wondering the same thing. At the very least you you can feel good that you helped some other poor slob. Thanks for sharing.

40ragtopdown and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Jnaki, where do you get this stuff ?

26. jnaki

jnaki

Hey K,

I am assuming you are talking about FOLEX. (stored hot rod/drag racing memories are getting difficult in the brain, these days...) We can get it at any Ace Hardware Store, locally in any neighborhood. But, in this day and age of "locked in place," here is a link to the great Amazon Services.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=folex&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

https://www.amazon.com/Folex-Instan...dchild=1&keywords=folex&qid=1593874779&sr=8-3
    A better deal if you get two...

Jnaki

You will need a clean rag and maybe a clean toothbrush for harsh stains. Usually, all it takes is to spray it on, wait a second and rub with a clean rag. White rags are preferred as you can see if the spill is coming up fast.

Good luck and it works...!

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

Mothers sells a carpet cleaner that works really well. Another product I've used thats good is Tuff Stuff.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. flatford39

flatford39

Folex is good stuff...I got it on amazon.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Simple.
    Dye the whole carpet coffee brown

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

30. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Napa used to sell a really good carpet and upholstery cleaner. Although its been years since I've seen or used it. It was their house brand..