Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Glory Days? Formally known as the Meltdown Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Russco, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Is anyone going to this? Has anyone heard or seen anything about the event? My understanding is the track is open and the event is still apparently on. I have seen nothing, and not heard anything about anyone else going. The Meltdown Drags was such a great event, I’m so bummed. If you are planning g to attend can we get a headcount maybe? I’m on the fence about going. If a lot of you guys are still planning on attending I’ll keep my rooms and go. Thanks Mike.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

So far, it’s still on.

I’m planning to go, but will be staying away from the crowded areas.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

the club that used to put on the Meltdown drags now have an event called the out of sight drags, It was last weekend in Union grove , Wisconsin

4. They are still part of this years glory days running the pie crust portion of the race. I'm going and several of my friends are to. How can you not go?

loudbang and David Gersic like this.

5. The brew city gassers put on the out of site drags with some support from some of the meltdown guys. The meltdown guys still put on the fall out drags.

30dodgeboy, loudbang and Moriarity like this.
  6. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

I will be in attendance Friday-Saturday flogging the Heapster!

loudbang likes this.
  7. cs39ford

cs39ford

Yes as far as I know it is still happening. I will be there Friday and Saturday

loudbang likes this.
  8. Dad and I will be there with the Dodge and Valiant as usual. 13634.jpeg 13638.jpeg

loudbang, Butch M and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

all that go need to take pics and share here

loudbang likes this.
  10. cs39ford

cs39ford

94B54CA5-BEF0-47E6-A7AE-D4A4FB9C2D12.jpeg On as planned Took this from Face Book page a few minutes ago

loudbang likes this.
  11. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

img_1055.jpg
    Will be there with left to right: brother John's 55, brother Larry's 59, my 57, and son Chuck's 55

Max Gearhead likes this.
  12. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

13. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Getting things ready for next weekend. Checked the tires, lights and trailer brakes on my GMC and trailer. Also bought some fresh racing gas for my 55.

As of this afternoon, (Sunday July 12), there is still a Cruise-In scheduled at Sam's Drive In for Thursday evening. The cruise-in can be checked for cancellation, at the following web site.

http://www.3dsound.org/calendar_2009.php

3D Sound has been doing the sound at Sam's Cruise-In's for over 20 years. Scroll down to Thursday, July 16 to check. The phone number and Email for Sam's Drive-In, is also listed.

Towing 4A.jpg

14. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

Good to hear about the cruise-in. Chuck and I are ready. He was over today with the 55 and finished up a few details. His transmission is shifting really nice since we rebuilt the shifter and adjusted the linkage. He has blue wig-wags installed in the grill in case he gets a fire call while at the track.

Torkwrench likes this.
  15. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Just checked 3D Sound's website, and the Thursday cruise at Sam's is cancelled....Not really surprised.