Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage First cruise - in this year ( photos added )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Yeah John, Tommy & his son Paul are 2 of the original members of the Classic Chevy club that disbanded several years ago but they decided to continue hosting the McDonald's cruise in.

The owner of McDonald's on I-85 retired and sold it to a guy that said all the cars hurt his business on the night of the monthly cruse-in, Tommy & Paul were surprised with his attitude so they went to McDonald's on the forth Saturday and watch the business, there were 119 cars that stopped and went in.

On a normal cruise night there were in excess of 250 cars and most people went in and ate, or bought a milk shake or a ice cream.

Tommy was about to give up after he and the classic chevys hosted the cruise in for 23 years and he finally talked to the city and decided if he could get some sponsorship he would rent the Farmers Market, our club stepped up to be one of the sponsors.

This was the first time it the farmers market and with the covid deal it turned out pretty good. HRP

2. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Every time i went to Mcdonalds they were packed and always a line at the counters, the new owner is a fool but good to see Tom is still putting on a show. i talked with frank at lowes and he and ed were going to the farmers market but i do not see there cars.
    '

loudbang, Desoto291Hemi and delray57 like this.
  3. John, you know I love Ed & Frank and they both have Deuces but their taste in wheels ruin both cars, I took photo's but won't post them here, they also like independent front suspension, not hamb friendly. HRP

4. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Danny thanks for the pictures. It’s too bad the new McDonalds owners felt that way, but it looks like the farmers market isn’t a bad place either.

5. Thanks for the pic fix!
    We had our first downtown cruise June 12, but didn't go. A friend posted pics on FB.
    Not too many HAMB friendly cars. The stand-out was a nice 40 Standard coupe.
    Maybe July's will be better ( or maybe not with the surge).

loudbang, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. I hear you Bill, hopefully things will improve in your area, and as you could see out of all the cars that showed up at the farmers market our style cars were in the minatory.

The 50 coupe coupe and the fresh 40 sedan were the two standouts to me. HRP

100_2904.JPG

100_2906.JPG

100_2901.JPG

100_2903.JPG

7. flatford39

flatford39

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. Sorry, but the link photo's you posted comes up a error, so I don't know which car you are referring too. HRP

loudbang and 3W JOHN like this.
  9. loudbang, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

A little taste of what most of us are missing.....:(
    Thanks for posting HRP

11. I sure was nice getting out and around people even though the heavy rain cut it short, I guess the rain was my fault, I washed my old beater and with the road construction near our home the sedan looked more like I had been 4 wheeling on the back roads,

I cleaned the car up again this morning, twice in two days, that's more than the car got washed all of last year.:rolleyes: HRP

dana barlow, loudbang and 3W JOHN like this.
  12. Mark, when I took the photo of the red 32 coupe I didn't notice my bride sitting there. HRP

loudbang, 3W JOHN and ct1932ford like this.
  13. First thing I noticed! You must be getting old.;)

14. I had to cover up a later model car to share this Mercury, 289/ 4 speed car and it belongs to the same man that has the red 32 5 window & the red 34 5 window, HRP

mail (2).jpeg

106531311_10217522294473523_1278816574823682681_n.jpg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    TBirdGirl26, loudbang and 3W JOHN like this.
  15. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes you must be getting old, I noticed that first thing, and I’m really old!!

16. Let me try and save face, when I took the photo it was mere seconds before the bottom fell out, I did noticed Brenda patiently waiting for me to get back to the car when I posted the photo. HRP

ct1932ford, loudbang and 3W JOHN like this.
  17. flatford39

flatford39

It's the 55 chevy 2 door post sedan. The only one in the series. A great looking car but something about the roof line stood out to me.

loudbang, HOTRODPRIMER and 3W JOHN like this.
  18. Is this the car you were asking about? HRP

[​IMG]

TBirdGirl26, 41 coupe and loudbang like this.
  19. flatford39

flatford39

Yes...the trunk looks a little short. Do you know the car?? Maybe it's the paint scheme. Dark roof, lighter lower body. Would like to more pics of it.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

We can't even have one around here, the Cynthiana Rod Run

loudbang and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Dropped the lab top and some how posted it unfinished, anyway it was cancelled, last year they had around 1800 cars, that really sucked.

loudbang and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. I think the 55 Chevy belongs to Tommy, the guy that host the cruise-in, I will try to find out something about it. HRP

loudbang likes this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks for pics

loudbang likes this.
  24. I found these photo's of the car.

14720394_10210015019844731_4075181698673591334_n.jpg

35431142_10215111883303132_7887183530403299328_o.jpg

22426220_10213186429567992_4293575100799865376_o.jpg

26060081_10213753419102376_6589572443436209021_o.jpg

The big guy is Tommy's son Paul, he owns the black & white '56 Chevy. HRP

25. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Danny I did the same thing a couple of weeks when another couple and us went to Central City to a winery for an outing. I took pictures of our cars and didn’t notice that Diane was in front of the cars.

HOTRODPRIMER and loudbang like this.
  26. Weak, very weak!:p

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. wicarnut

wicarnut

No photos, went to my first car show this year Saturday, small town, no advertising, 25 cars showed, only HAMB friendly was my Merc, Sunday went to a July 4 Independence Day Celebration, a small town yearly event that always has a car show, farm tractors, craft show, beer tent in evening, music, a typical small town event in Wisconsin all summer, very few this year. We and the organizer's were surprised, 300 car turn out, a lot of beautiful cars, beautiful grounds, this event is on my list for the future. Again no pic's as only a handful of HAMB friendly, but with wheels or some other item that would get the pic's deleted, no sense posting them. It was a great weekend, to be out cruising our beautiful state, (360 mile weekend) enjoyed talking with different car guys and my old Merc won an award again which always makes me happy as I enjoy the recognition for my junk, other side of coin, never go home unhappy when no award as my award was/is attending/enjoying the show, so many cars IMO opinion nicer than mine, I really enjoy our great Hobby/people

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. It's nice when you get recognition for a nice car or truck, but seriously most of the trophy's are dust catchers. :) HRP

29. wicarnut

wicarnut

Agree about dust collector part, (I don't dust them) but they make for nice art in my garage/man cave, MY old racing trophies bring up good memories of hard earned success, never seen any awards of any type for failure or mediocrity. I have been Very fortunate in life to receive many awards/trophies from my racing/car fun, some for my business and with risk of pissing off you and many here that are anti awards with our car hobby, to each their own I say. The very best award/reward I get is nice Fathers day cards, family is what matters, this car stuff is just a hobby, everyone should enjoy it in their own way, key word, ENJOY. Am I the only one that notices a change here on the HAMB, everyone going nuts being locked up? I'm very surprised on your comment on trophies, doesn't seem like you.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Thanks for the pictures. Nice to see something going on again. So ready for all back to normal, if there is such a thing.

HOTRODPRIMER and wicarnut like this.