Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It's alive!!! A 1957 Fargo Tale....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Yea the torque thrusts would look good as well, I now have my heart set on Chrysler wires.

I like Cragars!! On the right car.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Blue One and loudbang like this.
  2. Hey Lane ,
    After reading where you went out after “Supper” and was working on it some more .
    I always thought it was just a Southern thing to say Supper,,,,, I guess you boys up In the Great White North are just like the rest of us .
    I always knew I liked you and your build thread ,,,,Lol.

Tommy

3. loudbang

loudbang

And "Dinner" was always at 12 Noon up in the North East LOL.

4. Loudbang ,

You are correct Sir ,,,it was called that down south too .

Man,,,,I miss those old days,,,,this world now is not the world I grew up in .
    I know things always change,,,,,and there are many things that are better,,,,,no matter what some would like to have us believe .
    But,,,,,many traits and habits have been forced on us,,,that I disagree with,,,,oh well .

The old doctors used to have terms for different ailments .
    One term was the nostalgia,,,,which was defined as a vehement desire to go home !
    Lol,,,,,I’m not there yet,,,,but it seems it is closing in sometimes .

Tommy

chryslerfan55, loudbang and 61Cruiser like this.
  5. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Over here we use "supper" and "dinner" interchangeably for the most part. However, for special occasions or for when eating a little later, say after seven o'clock, we tend to use dinner. The main thing is to not miss one or the other!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  6. Did someone say dinner? Or was it supper?

Great now I’m hungry...

7. Still trying to find time to paint the column...maybe after dupper tonight.

See what I did there....

8. Due to unforeseen convertible issues I still haven’t gotten far with the truck, did get the drivers side of the cab sanded.

9. Ok, got the car running again...back to the Fargo, I finally got some time to paint the steering column, while I was getting it ready I figured the front fenders are pretty much ready so might as well prime them while I’m at it.

Got a coat of epoxy on everything, getting ready to put some high build on the fenders and some paint on the column.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Where the hell is Lloyd? Here I am doing things he could criticize and he’s no where to be found!

Anyways, high solids primer on the fenders and white on the column, luckily all the fuzz landed on it in places you can’t see it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty happy with how the fenders look so far, other than one dent I missed.. Hoped I can block them and a coat of sealer and some color.

Excuse the mess outside the shop, it looks like something exploded down there!

11. Where the hell is Lloyd? Here I am doing things he could criticize and he’s no where to be found!

Anyways, high solids primer on the fenders and white on the column, luckily all the fuzz landed on it in places you can’t see it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty happy with how the fenders look so far, other than one dent I missed.. Hoped I can block them and a coat of sealer and some color.

Excuse the mess outside the shop, it looks like something exploded down there!

12. Whoa whoa whoa! Hold on a minute there ol' buddy ;) I'm gonna need to see your body man identification card :D looking good big guy! We've switched roles! Here I've been doing mechanic crap while you're doing bodywork o_O :p keep up the good work sir :cool:

13. I did manage to drop the column and break the signal light switch. I’m on a roll this week

14. Doh!! Slippery ass steering column :rolleyes:

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  15. gene-koning

gene-koning

Its gotta be that paint stuff that made it slippery! Because you didn't drop it when it was in primmer, did you. I'm blaming the paint, man. LOL! Gene

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  16. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Might be better to paint after sinner!

17. Nah I dropped it when I was hanging it, maybe it was the sanding dust...yea that’s it

18. gene-koning

gene-koning

You mean I can't blame the paint????
    Well darned. The whole day has been like that...... Gene

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  19. It’s been one of those weeks Gene.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  20. Finally a toddler nap time update... picked up the new signal light switch, need to get the column back in.

Blocked the first round of primer on the front fenders. If it wasn’t for the three dents I missed I would probably call it good, at least they are all on one fender. So I will fix them then re prime that fender and they will be done. [​IMG][​IMG]

I’ll pull the box off later so I can sand the back of the cab, my self imposed goal is to have the cab and front clip in color by the end of next week, we will see.

21. Minor progress the last couple of days, got the box off, straightened out some bodywork on the back of the cab and the drivers door. Hopefully over the next couple days I can get some primer on the cab.
    IMG_2060.JPG IMG_2061.JPG IMG_2062.JPG
    Get it masked and a coat of epoxy to look after any bare metal and a couple coats of high solids. I’m not going crazy block sanding, I’m not building a show truck but my junk usually looks respectable.

22. Got the epoxy on. IMG_2089.JPG
    [​IMG][​IMG]

High solids primer after supper, or is it dinner? Ah hell I’m going to eat then spray more primer.

23. Nice to have all one color on the cab isn't it? Always feels like progress. :D

loudbang likes this.
  24. It was one color when I started, I painted it when I was 16....never drove it and now painting it again, I should have color on the cab Sunday

chryslerfan55, loudbang and 61Cruiser like this.
  25. Looking good Lane,,,,making good progress .
    And yes,,,,,it’s Supper !

Tommy

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  26. If you get to needing a job, i know a guy that could use some damn help lol :rolleyes:

27. You looking to relocate north? Lol

Thanks Tommy, it’s slower going than I would like but family time comes first.

Desoto291Hemi and loudbang like this.
  28. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Family times always come first around here and that is why I'm very slow at getting anything done. But investing in family has great payback! Besides, if I remember correctly, your eldest daughter is 15 so you probably have 2-3 years before she needs to drive it to grad...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  29. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

Will there be a supper?

30. I have two years... and sure there will be a supper, everyone’s welcome!!