Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Larry Schroll Estate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by IronTrap, Jun 21, 2020.

1. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You wont hear anything negative from me about Cornbinder's, they were well built and are extremely under appreciated. Yours looks great !

trikejunkie and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. birdman1

birdman1

To each his own. If I would have had the money and a place to keep it, I would have a mountain of cars!!!

VANDENPLAS and Tim like this.
  3. IronTrap

IronTrap

Here are some more photos from the estate. ITG-291.jpg ITG-233.jpg ITG-259.jpg ITG-262.jpg ITG-263.jpg ITG-265.jpg ITG-92.jpg ITG-38.jpg

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

The new video of your finding the goodies in the trunk was great! I can’t believe how much good shit he had stashed!

and too anyone who thinks if they had the space and cash they wouldn’t end up this way too I don’t know if I believe you lol

VANDENPLAS, Stogy, Nostrebor and 5 others like this.
  5. Larry is my hero! @IronTrap what's the deal on the '34(?) with the t-bird scoop??? Looks neat!

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I bet the sellers didn`t mind accepting payment from a , what did you call him. A hoarder.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

shows it more in the newest video! Definitely an old hot rod

8. Man that '34 is great @Tim!

Tim likes this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@cactus1 yeah the 32 and the two 34’s have been awesome. Every time they post there’s another crazy find in the collection. I really look forward to the new videos what a time capsule!

chryslerfan55 and cactus1 like this.
  10. '37 Ford caught my eye, beautiful front treatment on those cars.
    Not judging the guy, but shelving would have helped.

11. I want to see the

12. trikejunkie

trikejunkie
    from Scotland

Bonneville first run.jpg

13. IronTrap

IronTrap

The 34 is amazing. The the video I posted on the last page we take a closer look in the interior and trunk. Was a race car at one point. The niece of Larry was handing out flyers to some people at a small local car event and she met the person Larry bought the car from!

14. Yes! I found some time to watch last night. Holy hell that thing is neat! How cool to find out some history on it too!

Thanks for sharing all this with us!

Stogy, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. egads

egads

Good on you Matt for helping the family with this. I have done this a couple of time's and most people don't realize the time and effort you have to put into doing this.

Stogy, loudbang, bowie and 2 others like this.
  16. IronTrap

IronTrap

Larry's house only had a two car garage attached which he kept his 1934 Ford Tudor Sedan, and a 1961 Ford Falcon. The Falcon is the only car in the entire estate that is titled in his wife's name. The car was moved at some point from his house to the service station property. In the late 80s, Larry had a massive pole barn built behind his house. It fits 8 cars wide and two cars deep comfortably. This houses what seem to be the vehicles that he drove in recent history. The Model A coupe was used in a few of the family's weddings, and they remember seeing him drive the blue 36 Chevy coupe. We did a full video tour showing off each vehicle in the garage.

ITG-1.jpg ITG-142.jpg ITG-1.jpg ITG-142.jpg ITG-78.jpg ITG-88.jpg ITG-157.jpg ITG-168.jpg

17. Budget36

Budget36

Wow, just wow.

Stogy likes this.
  18. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

The second auction takes place tomorrow, August 22, at the York (PA) fairgrounds. There is an auction set up in a small building with seating for 60 or so. Several tables with box lots and a few engines and transmissions outside. The cars are in a separate building and are going to be sold starting at noon. A few nice older cars and a few very weathered cars. The two in this picture represent the variety. If you google “Larry Schroll auction”, you’ll see a lot more in the auction website.

Attached Files:

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Probably a good thing I forgot about the online bidding lol.

Can’t wait to see the video

Stogy likes this.