Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 50 YEARS TOO LATE 55 BUICK CENTURY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BuckeyeBuicks, Jun 22, 2020.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Through the power of the internet and just plain luck I found a friend that I graduated with in 1969 the other day. Back then his Grandma had a really nice red & white 55 Buick Century 2 door HT with a stick shift. Grandma didn't want nothing to do with an automatic transmission, they used too much gas. I was always after him to talk her into selling me that Century but it was nothing doing, she still drove it, it had over 30K on it! I lost track of him after HS but always wondered what ever happened to the Buick. I got the guy on the phone and we caught up on the last 50 years. I had to ask about the car, he said " funny you should mention that, when grandma died her place when to Dad, when Dad died it went to me. The Buick was in the garage at the house with 1975 licence on it. Dad or I either one were interested in getting it out or messing with it so when I decided to sell the house I gave it to a guy down the street that helped me get stuff cleaned out and ready for the estate auction"
    The story of my life:(

catdad49, Bruce Fischer and Hnstray like this.
  2. How far is down the street from you ? I've chased them and lost them only to find them again - have a convertible in the garage I was surprised to find again after losing it.

Hnstray likes this.
  3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Like Paul Harvey, here is the rest of the story. I ask my buddy to give the neighbor guy my number and he called me, it turns out this all come about 2 or 3 years ago, I thought my friend meant it was just recently. Any way the guy that got the Buick got it running, cleaned it up and put a cheap set of tires on it and flipped it to a guy some where on the east coast for big bucks. Like I said, the story of my life:(

catdad49 likes this.
  4. leon bee

leon bee

Couple years ago I missed a bone stock 31 Ford pickup because I thought it would be a little cold to go to his family right after he passed.