Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Spring Carlisle 2020, anyone go? Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VinnieCap, Jun 18, 2020.

1. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

Anyone go to Spring Carlisle? It's this week. I was going to go but they were calling for rain everyday. I am wondering how it went and how crowded it was?

I didn't see another thread so hopefully this isn't a dupe.

Vinnie

2. There was a thread running all week. Got really political, so probably was deleted, as I haven't seen it today...

3. 5window

5window

I've been Spring and fall for years, but not this time. I din't even hear of the State or Carlisle Events one the court case.

4. Thread is still there, just nothing new to report about the court case I guess.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. 5window

5window

6. 5window

5window

Court case was continued into today. Videos on TV look like it was a good idea to stay home. Too little offered for too much risk, I believe

7. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Today was a great day at Spring Carlisle. Warm, if slightly muggy. Good crowd, but not crowded. Vendor spaces filled out to about 60%. Most everyone practicing social distancing, but being social. Bargains to be had. Saturday will be the last day, Bill Miller wants Dads to be home for Father’s Day. Thanks to Carlisle Events for putting in the hard work to allow us to enjoy our hobby.

Check out the hand sanitizer station: the view from the North Field; and the extremely rare 1939-40 GMC front!

Attached Files:

8. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/...vid-19-lawsuit-against-carlisle-car-show.html

I have spoken with a few friends who are vendors at Spring Carlisle. All said they are having a good show with brisk sales. Of course overall attendance is down, but from all accounts, it has still been successful.

I applaud the Miller family for being persistent and keeping "the show must go on" attitude. Someone needed to hold their ground and they did. I think what they achieved this weekend will encourage other events to take place.

wraymen and Automotive Stud like this.
  9. Probably some bargains to be had...

10. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

The State of PA withdrew its bid to limit the number of spectators at Carlisle. Details have not been disclosed, but this probably means the remainder of the Carlisle schedule of events can come continue- providing Cumberland County stays in the Green phase and Carlisle Events maintains its Covid-19 work plan. Sounds like good news all around. The Carlisle Chevy Show is set for June 26-27. With a smaller group, planning for this event will be less involved than Spring Carlisle.

11. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

12. Can we get a big thumbs up for Judge Anne E. Covey! hqdefault.jpg

mountainman2, warhorseracing and GZ like this.
  13. Apparently, common sense prevailed.

ct1932ford and GZ like this.
  14. Awesome.

15. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

How about that. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of that around anymore.

ct1932ford, lothiandon1940 and GZ like this.
  16. ...........Ain't that the sad truth.:(

ct1932ford likes this.
  17. Judge Anne E. Covey:cool: