Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Getting something done!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotty t, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Hell I'd do it for a beer if i wasn't 7 hours away!

2. You’re only 5h 50 mins away:D:D 33234B71-E743-4FB0-8546-7F0B4EA81215.png

3. Give me a few days to catch up and I'll drive my ass up there!

4. loudbang

loudbang

One word of advice :) Cut down the stud holding the top on. IF, heaven forbid, you get a pop back or something and have a carb fire it would take a LOOONNNGGG time to unscrew the wingnut with a stud that long.

Ask me how I learned that LOL. :confused:

lumpy 63, bchctybob, enloe and 3 others like this.
  5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Car looks great man, Hey, do yourself a favor if your new headliner is still folded up in a box, get it out and unfold it and let it lay flat as long as you can before you install it so the fold lines get a chance to relax... I had one laying on my living room floor for a month. But then again there is no one here to tell me I can't... LOL

6. For sure that will be done soon! That was just a long one i had laying around, i didn’t know how long a stud i would need with the spacer.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  7. The wife has put up with the seats in the spare bedroom for a looong time I’m sure she wouldn’t kill me if the headliner lays on the bed for a bit.

8. Great look all over. Under hood is top shelf. Don’t ask me what I think of billet and serpentine belt setups.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang, Thor1 and scotty t like this.
  9. I don't know the weather up there but some nice sunshine will help it relax :cool:

loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  10. When it’s not 45* and raining it’s 90* and raining. OR it’s nice out and i’m at work

bchctybob, loudbang, enloe and 2 others like this.
  11. Well the doctor gave me a shot in the left hand, i think he may have found the right spot. He told me to go home and use it and take notes of the pain. So i decided to finesse the gauge holes open to fit the new gauges. I think that turned out nice so i mocked up the chrome Glove box door, I’m liking it so far. Maybe tomorrow the tach will go on the dash. 1DD8D32C-41B5-4F99-A8BB-D9EE7F9D2751.jpeg

12. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

13. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scotty, you're really lightin' a fire under my ass to get my pile done. Thank You! :cool:

INVISIBLEKID, loudbang, enloe and 4 others like this.
  14. Get to it man!!

loudbang, enloe, 31hotrodguy and 3 others like this.
  15. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're right! It's time to get this Horrid Bitch back on the road!!! ;)

loudbang, enloe, scotty t and 3 others like this.
  16. bchctybob

bchctybob

Ok, I’ve been wanting to put a Corvette steering wheel in my ‘56 since I got it, care to share the details of yours? Unfortunately my ‘56 has an aftermarket tilt column that I haven’t swapped out yet. (The Chevy is the only hot rod that is readily drivable right now so I hate to take it apart). Whose steering wheel? What adapter? Etc.
    Your ‘56 sure is coming out nice.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

31hotrodguy, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  17. image.jpg
    My 55 had a GM c1 corvette wheel, this one is a repop from ebay. They can be had cheap as blems. Basically you need the wheel and hub/bell from a 56-62 vette. For the 55-6 column i removed the little ring that actuates the turn signal from the stock wheel and attached to the vette wheel, not sure about any other columns. Just clock the ring the same as stock wheel the drill and tap screw holes

18. It was too hot to do much today but i forced myself to mount the tach. A real Dixco “Big Daddy”. vintage coolness
    96AE3394-0B11-4D7F-A877-E7CB73DDB47B.jpeg 68009BA8-079F-4A2F-A12A-8D72DE821F30.jpeg D3B59ECA-4A8F-401A-B385-3AF455ACE262.jpeg

Butch M, Just Gary, lumpy 63 and 9 others like this.
  19. loudbang

loudbang

Perfect tach for this car. :) Now you need a helmet with the Stars and stripes.

20. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

21. I haven't done anything worthy of a picture but I've been working on the wiring. I've been modifying the reproduction stock harness to suit the added accessories. It's tedious.

22. Wiring sucks brother, I compare it to block sanding lol. Are ya gonna get it tied up before vacation is over?

23. The wiring should be done in a couple days. I’ve learned not to even guess when the whole car might be done:D

24. I've figured this out brother, you've got too many cars :D go hide the Corvette, then you'll be in a hurry to finish one of the other cars ;)

25. Finally something (marginally) worth a picture. Since i relocated all gauges to the dash panel, i wanted to delete the original gauges in the speedo cluster. I bought a new lens which had all the numbers letters etc engraved from the back. A router was used the “machine” the surface to remove the offending gauge verbiage, i then wet sanded and polished the surface to prep for black paint. Since it’s done on the back side it really blends nice and is barely visible. 99 out of 100 people will never notice! I enjoy small details like this. FE555F2B-AADE-4718-A5F5-91337ED95399.jpeg

26. The vette will never be “hidden“! The hemi Plymouth on the other hand.......lol:D

31hotrodguy, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  27. That's sweet looking! You've been a busy man ;)

28. Price it! Without the hemi of course :rolleyes:

29. 1659CD39-2F70-466F-89AB-CBFB1B04F9DF.jpeg

image.jpg All or nothin brother! I can retire as soon as 4 years. I’ll be lucky the have the Belair and vette done by then! I might have to save it for that!