Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 50 Chev Fleetline, Best wiring Harness

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSS BUCKLIN, Jun 12, 2020.

1. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Hi All,

As part of the rebuild I am rewiring the 50 Chev Fleetline Deluxe. Anyone here have any direct experience with different harnesses? Positive or negative experiences or recommendations?

Thanks,

Russ

2. squirrel

squirrel

Might help to know what you're doing to the car...is it stock? slightly modified? are you adding lots of stuff like power windows. electric fan, etc?

3. If it is not to be a show car, do it yourself . "one piece at a time " , sorta.

Ben

46international and 6inarow like this.
  4. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Going to be mostly stock. Currently installing rebuilt 235 with T5 5spd and S-10 rear. Depending how that drives might swap out for SBC and 200r4 later. Don't want to be a cliche though so giving the 235 a chance. Car will get 12 volt alt, power steering and vintage air a/c. If the a/c doesn't come with it's own wiring I'm sure I can manage that but otherwise, looking for a harness.

I have, in the past, wired a car from scratch, don't want to do that here. There is enough other work to do that I want the wiring to be quick and simple as possible.

6inarow likes this.

5. fordflambe

fordflambe

rebelwire.com

vtx1800 likes this.
  6. I used a Kwik Wire harness on my Ford and it went in well. 14 circuits and I believe it has an AC circuit in it. The instruction book was great and I was able to see and download it before the sale.

7. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another Rebel Wire fan here; they're great people (their tech support is top-notch), it is a great product at an excellent price, and you will be supporting an Alliance business.

8. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

I am familiar with Rebel Wire through my VW dune buggies, but have not seen anything from them for this application. I went to the link posted above and only saw VW stuff. Do they have a regular line of harnesses for old Chevys?

9. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

OK, just ordered the Rebelwire universal 21 circuit package. Does anyone have experience installing these and know what fitment problems I might encounter?

10. I installed an aftermarket harness in my son-in-law's '67 Mustang a few years ago and also have made up harnesses for some. I have to say, it is almost as easy to make up your own. Just measure up the paths of where the wires will go and keep adding one wire at a time then install..... one last step, add the circuits you forgot the first time. You're sure to forget something.

VANDENPLAS and firstinsteele like this.
  11. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used their 9+3 kit in my Shoebox; I didn't run into any problems. There is plenty of length to handle just about any routing you want to do, go to their site and check for any GM specific connections. And call Jeremy if you have questions, the guy is an encyclopedia of electrical knowledge

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  12. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Really?

All those posts and not one sarcastic reply about "positive or negative experiences"? I had both with my harness!:D

We used a Rebel harness on the Uni and it was a positive experience. Had to buy a few bits and pieces to mate up to the truck, but it is a Frankenstein, so that was to be expected.

13. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ve used two Rebel harnesses. Happy with them both

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

I really liked the american autowire harness that I used on my 1958.