Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It’s alive!!! A 1964 Chrysler tale....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, May 25, 2020.

1. 4274SPEED

4274SPEED

Love it! All of those Mopars from the late 50s into the 60s have a feel of their own. The way they ride and sound brings back many good memories. Anyway, congratulations!

Thor1, loudbang, Blue One and 2 others like this.
  2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Hard to beat a great big old American convertible! :D That car looks to be in great shape. You'll be having fun with it in no time!

3. Nope if it’s correct a 383 was the only option.

A couple more pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IMG_1957.JPG
    [​IMG]
    IMG_1959.JPG

The oil is spotless. A battery will go in tomorrow to see what works and doesn’t work. Hopefully will run as well.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

61Cruiser, 1947knuck, LAROKE and 8 others like this.
  4. You wouldn’t believe the stuff out there, and I haven’t seen it all yet, there will be another trip for the parts car in the near future.

5. Budget36

Budget36

The oil is spotless because everything has settled over the years.

At least flush the pan before filling with fresh oil.

6. Quite likely, however I can pull the dipstick on other stuff here that has sat just as long and it’s not this clean. I appreciate the input and can assure you it’s not the first time I’ve done this. We will hopefully have some results later today!

61Cruiser, Thor1, Sandgroper and 6 others like this.
  7. raven

raven

Is it a low mileage car? Looks to be.
    r

8. I think the odometer shows 95,000 miles

9. It runs!! Actually sounds pretty good. Getting tuneup parts tomorrow, have to get the old fuel out and get a carb kit, so far everything I’ve tried works fine, power windows and seat.

10. Some guys have all the luck :D That's good news man ;)

11. Hey I paid up to buy this car by my standards!

12. Yeah I'm sure it wasn't cheap! Otherwise it wouldn't have taken 4 years to talk them out of it ;)

13. I think I got an ok deal but it wasn’t exactly cheap, so far everything works, it sits and idles, all I did was change points and it’s running off a gas can. Gauges all work, lights all work, the horn, radio, power windows and power seat are working.

Need to figure out how to add oil to the top motor, I’m new to this convertible stuff!

Here’s some crappy pictures of the floor, its hard to take quality pictures laying on your back.
    IMG_1962.JPG
    IMG_1963.JPG
    IMG_1964.JPG

Hnstray, catdad49, 1947knuck and 8 others like this.
  14. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks pretty solid and unmolested ! That 's a jewel!

loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  15. It’s pretty nice, there are definitely areas on the body that have been worked over, but overall it’s a pretty nice car

16. Hey you remember that green truck you was building? What ever happened to it? :p:D

17. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

>>>Need to figure out how to add oil to the top motor, I’m new to this convertible stuff! >>>

It's nasty brake fluid if original. Flush pump & cylinders with alcohol to get it all out. Replace with ATF. Seals are compatible. Jack E/NJ

18. Yea, yea it’s sitting right beside it, it’s been cool and raining here so not ideal body work conditions, don’t worry it’s still in progress!!

19. Thanks, is there a disadvantage to the brake fluid?

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  20. Well yeah, it slows stuff down, even stops it! Get it? See what i did there? Jesus I'm funny! You're welcome Fargo :D

21. Agree big time - even be nice to change the tranny oil/filter....put the rear tires off the pavement - on jack stands after starting - to run it thru the gears.....good luck and have fun !

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  22. Brake fluid will rust what it touches....using ATF in my mopars - think you let the top down to check level - fill as needed then - and see how it does going up - might have to cycle it to get any air out.

23. It’s already running and goes into gear fine, the top went down fine, doesn’t want to go back up, pump runs and everything so that’s why I’m wondering if it’s low, I pulled the rear seat and don’t see any leaks. Need to fix the brakes and wheels and tires then away we go!

24. Oh boy.....

25. Irvan

Irvan

It's beautiful

Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  26. Thanks man. I can’t wait to get it out and all shined up.

catdad49, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  27. AndersF

AndersF

Good score well worth the waiting.
    A friend of me and i talked about it about three years before he decide to sell his 63 to me.
    He parked the car about 10 years ago and bought a 60 Chevy with the intend to give the Chrysler some needed love.
    But he never really got started. But he had owned the Chrysler since 89 and put massive amount of miles trough the years so it was not a easy sell for him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Beautiful car! The four year wait was to get my shit together! The car was his dads and when his dad got sick the car was parked in the garage and just never moved again.

29. IMG_1965.JPG IMG_1968.JPG IMG_1969.JPG
    Runs off of its own tank now, top goes up and down, all the bleeders opened no problem, tomorrow is tune up and bleed brakes and see how it does.

And hopefully it’s not raining so I can clean it up!

30. Anyone have thoughts for wheel and tire combos? The front cap is 59 Dodge, they are ok.

dan31 and loudbang like this.