Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Hop Up Top 25!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 26, 2020.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Hop Up Top 25!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Those were some unusual top 25 choices. Out of all of them, here are my top 3.
    upload_2020-5-26_6-14-25.png
    A chopped Ford truck, a cool Model A with the stock grille, and a lowered station wagon. That should cover the whole spectrum. Nice hot rods and could be daily drivers, too.

Thanks,
    Jnaki

mctim64 and Blues4U like this.
  3. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

The chopped 57 wagon. I've loved it since the first time I saw it. It just oozes cool, and pile the family in me and go across the country

4. I'm guessing that all the "TOP 25" are owned and/or built by fellow HAMBers ... I know these are:

Jive-Bomber.JPG
    @Jive-Bomber Jay Ward​

Last edited: May 26, 2020

5. Last edited: May 26, 2020
    CadMad, Greg Stokes, A Boner and 2 others like this.
  6. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shameless plug for my sprint car in the prewar race car group. Feel free to vote for me. You have to go down thru the list of cars as mine was posted the first day in the top 25. Thanks!

Originally built in the mid 30s and raced around New England thru the 40s. Ended up in disrepair in Virginia and then Texas with a cosmetic restoration (bondo and paint) with no drivetrain. I bought it a couple years back and wanted to race it again. Originally had Riley 4 Port OHV banger motor but I couldn't find a 4 port head. Found an original Miller/Schofield head and had Al Clarke from Go Devil Garage in NY work his magic on the engine. Rays Hot Rods in NJ stripped the frame down for repairs/strengthening/safety and crammed in 32 3-speed trans. Car ran strong and won the banger class in TROG 2019. Such a fun car to drive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Last edited: May 26, 2020
  8. Greg Stokes, Muttley, mctim64 and 6 others like this.
  9. Greg Stokes, Muttley, mctim64 and 5 others like this.
  10. hfh, Greg Stokes, A Boner and 4 others like this.
  11. I'm happy to be included with these great bunch of rigs. We're donating some tee's too. HOP UP & the people behind the sceans are the best!!

Jimmy B, kidcampbell71 and HEMI32 like this.
    kidcampbell71 and lurker mick like this.