Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some times it pays to take a chance

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by BuckeyeBuicks, May 19, 2020.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I had a guy call me today that I had met at a swap meet last year. He ask if I had a decent set of wheel covers for a 54 Ford. I told him I did, $50 for the set. I got his address and since I needed to get out and about for a while I told him I would bring them to him. When I got to his house he was in the garage and as we were BS'n I notice a box on the shelf marked "old model cars" I ask about it and he said his cousin gave it to him and since he wasn't into models he had never even opened it. I told him I would trade him sight unseen for the wheel covers, he couldn't grab that box and hand it to me fast enough. I put it in the truck and couldn't even wait to get home to look it over, I stopped in a parking lot, here's what I got for my trade. No, none of them are for sale, I am happy as a pig in mud!! DSCF1156.JPG DSCF1157.JPG DSCF1158.JPG DSCF1161.JPG DSCF1162.JPG

R A Wrench, Muttley, NoSurf and 16 others like this.
  2. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

That is so cool. I love the fact that you stopped on the way home to check out the goods. Exciting.

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

What is really neat is they are a bunch of the cars I would have liked to have when they were new but at 7 or 8 years old my models were mostly for birthdays or Christmas so I didn't get that many until I could make a little money on my own. I was very happy that the original builder didn't glue on a bunch of excess junk on them.

Stogy and VANDENPLAS like this.
  4. You did good. Cool trade. Most appear to be old, original AMT 3-in-1 kits and the builder was into doing them in the Custom theme.:)

Stogy, chevy57dude and VANDENPLAS like this.

5. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

BuckeyeBuicks...heart wrenching, just heart wrenching.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  6. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I felt just like the little dude in the video:cool: Now if I just had his energy!!

VANDENPLAS and Boneyard51 like this.