Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It's alive!!! A 1957 Fargo Tale....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Just for Lloyd, I’m about 100 miles north of Grande Prairie in the red circle.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

Looks nice and smooth. Great job

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Thanks. I do appreciate it.

4. loudbang

loudbang

WHOA you can't unmask it until the lockdown is over LOL. :rolleyes:
    Other than that it looks real good.

5. True...hopefully no one reports me...

6. Between wrangling calves and puppies and toddlers I got the inside unmasked.

Polished up a few pieces, just for Bandit Billy!

IMG_1881.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG

That’s the original key, this truck has 54,000 miles on it, I bought it from the original owners.

IMG_1884.JPG

Then because the dash looked nice I decided I needed to clean the gauges up, they came apart and I rattle canned the bezels black again.
    IMG_1890.JPG

Of course I forgot before pictures of all of this chaos...

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  7. Doesn’t seem like much but my wife works seven days at a time and is gone 14 hours a day with her commute so I’m home with the animals and our toddler looking after the household and yard chores, so any little thing I get done is huge! I figure if I can get something done each day it’s a bonus.

8. gene-koning

gene-koning

Your doing a great job. Painting one of those 50s Dodge truck dash is a pain, I've done a few.
    Something must be wrong with your paint or something though, all the dashes I've done have a run right on the corner near the top of the instrument cluster area, and yours is missing that run.....

On your map, I live about where the "a" is in Chicago. Gene

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Looking good. I take the hood piece was stainless not pot metal? If pot metal holy crap, great work. I for one really appreciate the so-called low talented guys going about their work with what they have. I can relate a lot more to those builds than the great craftsmen showing their skills that I do appreciate but it's not so real to me. So keep it up, the world needs more FARGOs!

10. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

I found you can make huge progress by just doing an hour a day. Before you know it things just get done.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Yea it would have been much easier with better lighting but it turned out good, thanks Gene.

12. Yea the hood V is stainless, haven’t gotten back to it to work on it some more. I’m currently assembling gauges in the house before my 2 year old wakes up.

I like the true home builds as well, I’m working on a budget and am mostly self taught. I’ve done a lot of painting but no formal training. Thanks for following along!

13. Got the gauges back together in the comfort of my living room, wonder how Rachel would feel about a Fargo in the living room, hmmm, anyway here’s a couple pictures of the finished product ready to go back in. IMG_1892.JPG IMG_1894.JPG

Sorry for the sideways pictures, no idea how to turn them on my phone.

14. Perfect! Thanks man!

1933_willys_77 and loudbang like this.
  15. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. Ha!! I wish it was that way! On top of all this stuff I am working from home right now as well!!

17. IMG_1897.JPG IMG_1896.JPG

More toddler nap time progress

18. That looks awesome brother, and there's no way i could survive that far north, i get cold when it drops below 60 lol. What's next on the truck?

loudbang likes this.
  19. Gotta get the steering column painted and back in so I can move it again, then on to the outside, straighten out some of my old bodywork and new paint, also need to get back on the metal work on the box. Still lots to do!

Heading south on Sunday to Blue Ones neighborhood to pick up another distraction.

There will be a thread on that adventure next week!

20. Question for the group, steering column same color as the dash or black? Wheel will be white, likely black carpet, I’m leaning black. Looking for opinions, I know that’s dangerous around here!

21. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

22. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

Not the best image but did mine in cream to break up the black a bit.

23. gene-koning

gene-koning

I'd do the same color as the dash.

24. Same as the dash...

loudbang likes this.
  25. Ok, same as the dash it is, the column is crappy black right now and I held it close and it doesn’t work like I thought it might...now I have to buy more paint...

26. IMG_1902.JPG

I’m on a picture kick, here it is with the glovebox and door on.

27. Breathing new life into it. Looks great!
    Mike

28. Thanks Mike

loudbang likes this.
  29. Toddler nap time update!

Prepped the drivers fender for paint, straightened out a little bodywork nothing serious. Then coated the inside using the latest brushing technique, mostly because I was to lazy to clean a gun, just needed it sealed.
    IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG

Note my 57 Fargo drying stand.

Started on the passenger fender, it needs more work, it had some damage that I fixed the first time around. Won’t be bad though.