Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ///////Friday Art Show 05-15-2020\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, May 14, 2020.

1. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Looks a lot like a SCTA trophy top,, it might look better red than gold

2. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

3. kenmo

kenmo

4. kenmo

kenmo

[​IMG]
    Atlantic Nationals Automotive Extravaganza, Moncton New Brunswick Canada - July 2016

5. kenmo

kenmo

6. sololobo

sololobo

Rollin right along gang, some choice posts. 2nd Chance's red streamliner is amazing, the only red one known to exist. Everyone offered outstanding contributions, I am sure there is more to come. Thanx to all, my art fix is shot up and eased the pain of covid-stress our country is enduring.

7. It's good to know that you are well Mr. (@sololobo ) Hollaway!

a few choice posts indeed... so many great ones.

First, thanks @Road Kill PU and @Spoggie !

I was getting worried about you @57 Corvette ~ Bob ... cool piece of art sir.

@Frogz good to see you posting as well.

@rusty1 love the weathered old shed, this is some top work from you my friend.

@Ron Funkhouser I laughed out loud at the salty coupe shot. Well played sir.

@2NDCHANCE That trophy is bitchin'! It sure reminds me of the SCTA trophys as well and, I agree, lipstick red looks choice!

@kenmo strikes again! Nice stuff Ken, thank you.

@GaryC, so cool. I'll have to check out that show.

@1320Paul, great stuff spanning the past several weeks. keep them pencils sharpened and ball points outta your pockets... ;)

I know I have forgotten a few of you but know how much I appreciate all of you and your contributions, please keep them coming!

Last edited: May 15, 2020

8. So cool, I want to see it twice! If we go three pages, I'll try to share it again!

Any (positive) word on our good mate, Robber?

9. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

w

It was very sad when they tore down the Redlands Drive In, it was like over 10 years ago and it is still an empty lot,,, sad, very sad.
    The art is amazing!!

10. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Way cool Ken ............

50 customcoupe likes this.
  11. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks Ken ..........

50 customcoupe likes this.
  12. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thank you .......sad almost all drive-ins are gone. With this virus we have now, drive-ins would have been the way to go.

13. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Town & Country.
    red wheel white side wall.jpg DSC_3986 (2).JPG

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  14. Beezer

Beezer
    from Michigan

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob I realized after the fact you and Jigger started Art Threads at exactly the same time on the 11pm dot...I wasn't sure which was going to run and was expecting to port my image over but...yeah just one of those coincidental happenings...keep the brush moving Bob...;)

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CFV1_HV3.JPG
    :rolleyes:... @chryslerfan55's 56...with inspiration on reality and looking pretty darn monster doing it...:)

Credit to All that Inspired This

17. Lil32

Lil32

18. Hey, cant let Bob have all the fun starting these things. I tend to relinquish the privileged, having started may in the past. had I seen Bobs, I likely would have again but I became zealous... ;):cool:

19. ...great show again guys, keep up the good work, thanks for the "likes" and comments;...I did a little revision work on the 36 coupe:...moved the front tire a lil more inboard, it stuck out too much,...I like it much better...
    before & after...
    woodart 2020 163.jpg woodart 2020 165.jpg

20. upload_2020-5-15_19-34-33.jpeg
    My artsy fartsy contribution for this week. Spied this down an old back road this week..

21. Jigger;

Robber
    yesterday- quote; " Puny, spent, groggy, in pain, needing meds.. but.. AT HOME !".

I recieved some wonderful posts this week from Rob. I'd hazard a guess he is on the way up. Good news.

Thanks for the comment re post. The car is sweet, apart from that ugly front end and five-minute wheels (black pinner inside whitewall)? I originally posted a rough of this nine years ago. The girl is street-level nineteen-nineties life model.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    robber, chryslerfan55, Animal and 4 others like this.
  22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I need to enlarge that and Frame that!!!!
    Title That “Fine Wine @ Motorama 51”
    Location “The Fabulous Pan Pacific Auditorium”
    Fantastic Job Stogy!!!!!!
    Thank you again.

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothing short of a greatness in simplicity...a gift to remember...the calm, 'The RainBowtie'

...that Upper Grille Rainbow shot priceless...

Thanks for Sharing always...

The Rad Cap Thread...nudge nudge...;);)

It's like this Thread...About the Art

Shutter Speed, Lil32, Jigger and 6 others like this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

94438981_528598864516305_1371810871571521726_n.jpg

:rolleyes:...I just found this tonight with your Identifying of the Pan Pacific Auditorium...it's gone now but was certainly an Iconic presence...a similar fate for many a Hotrod/Custom of the era...this may be digitally inspired as well but a beautiful Tribute to past Excellence...Worth Celebrating...Have a great time and enjoy the ride...;)

Thanks it was an inspiration...

Credit to Photographer, Owner

25. I was just going to post, just that shot, but i thought it needed the wider views to show it was a real event. I like the "rainbowtie" title.

26. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Late to the party, finished up this old creeper this morning. 20200516_091159.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

It's not my intention to be the only one started the art show .......... it's just a convenient time for me to add my image. I would be happy to wait for Mark or anyone else who would like to start it. Mark, if you can start it each week at this time, I'm happy to let you ......just let me know.

Stogy, Animal and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Purely for the sake of consistency, it makes it easy to remember that on Thursday evenings at 9:00 PM west coast time, Bob usually starts the weekly ( FAS ) It makes it confusing if there are multiple FAS threads started at the same time. That is just my 2 cents worth! YMMV.
    Thanks to Bob and to all of the great weekly contributors and fellow artists and photographers that make the FAS a very enjoyable and anticipated element of the HAMB.

Thanks from Dennis.

57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.