Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 41 chevrolet sd coupe rear glass install ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buick bill, May 6, 2020.

1. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

im hoping someone can tell me if a pinch weld seal is used on the rear of a special deluxe .has the stainless trim surround like the frnt ,but I cant tell if it ever had a seal .seems to fit so to tight to the pinchweld for the seal to fit . anyone have exp. . im not sure if 46/48 had trim on the rear , but might be the same . thnx

2. cshades

cshades
    from wi

you seem to have a lot of problems with glass in this car. lol. the stainless fits on the pinch weld, the rubbergoes against the inside of the opening I will get you a picture out of the body manual shortly

3. cshades

cshades
    from wi

4. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

thnx for the info . I was pretty sure the pinch weld seal wasn't used on the rear .as I stated there isn't room . but the vcca guys said it was . and another told me to use twine to install .and the rubber people sold me seal AND pinch weld seal . so , im not real bright in the fist place , and it dosnt take much to confuse me . I guess they only used it on the front to counter act the 60 mph driven rain !! anyway thnx .all new everything uph. going in so I really want it to stay dry . ive been trying to get it in a little better shape for the local fathersday car show and pancake breakfast but I guess its canclled this year . and im on a diet so pancakes are out any way !

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Mmmm pancakes . :)

6. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

the contraversy 46fisher072.jpg

7. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

im still not sure ??

8. cshades

cshades
    from wi

What are you not sure about? the trim goes on the pinch weld and the rubber and glass goes against the trim with sealer.

9. 47ragtop

47ragtop

If SD in your ? means Super Deluxe yes you install the chrome outer trim on the pinch weld first. Then put the glass with the flat SD rubber against the outer trim with sealer. If you have a standard trim model
    There is no outer trim just the comparable rubber seal that you install on the pinch weld using a string and plenty of lube. Completely different rubber seals 2 piece for the SD and 1 piece for the standard models. Later Bill

10. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

thnx don't mean to sound dumb but want to do it right ONCE , I usually end up doing everything twice or more . and like I said the rear weatherstrip came with the pinchweld seal , like the one that goes on the frnt. and I installed the frnt twice before I got it right ! sd is special deluxe . no super in 41 chev. so I guess just weather strip adhesive filling the grove on trim and clean up the excess . sounds to easy