Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Color Gender?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Misaeus, May 9, 2020.

1. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Funny. Someone always has to make a stupid comment about what someone else has.
    I think the idiot who said it probably drives a rice burner with that shrilly loud exhaust and thinks he's a race car driver.
    Color back in the day was irrelevant.
    A girls car? Doubtful.
    I would own it and drive it all over the place and wouldn't put up with anyone saying something stupid.

2. Special Ed

Special Ed

Factory color. 1953. Back when men were men, and sheep were scared.
    [​IMG]

3. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

^^^^"Back when men were men and sheep were scared"....HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Attached Files:

4. Hey! I resent that “stupid comment” about someone else’s ride. By the way It’s a “Rice Rocket”,mine happens to be Blue and I’m no race car driver unless of course you count PlayStation. :)

5. Sum funny stuff right here.
    Quick story, 39 years ago a PINK 57 T-Bird rolls into my body shop, out steps a drop dead beautiful blonde.
    I walk out and walk around the bird real quick and see no damage, then ask her if she needs an estimate.
    She says "Yes I do, I just bought this yesterday from the original owner but I hate the color. How much to paint it black." Well I did get the job and the beautiful blonde also. Married her 10 months later. Sad part is lost her to cancer 3 years ago.

MJW, jimmy six, Almostdone and 6 others like this.
  6. Isn’t that the guy who got sand kicked on him in the old Bullworker ad?

hotrodjack33 and loudbang like this.
  7. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just saying that some automobiles, look great in colors that are not usually appreciated, regardless of the gender of the owner/driver. Some automobiles, really make a great statement !
    45550021.jpg

45550022.jpg Desoto 5 window coupe.jpg vintage DeSoto grille and headlights.jpg

MO54Frank, Deuces, Dave Mc and 2 others like this.
  8. goldmountain

goldmountain

Charles Atlas ad.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  9. That’s it! So how did that work out for you?

loudbang likes this.
  10. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like you’re not the only one (or maybe that’s your car I saw at Speed Week last year).

19EC596D-63CB-4804-A8C7-62A321E63594.jpeg

11. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

HAHAHAHA...We call the little motorcycles "rice rockets" here.

loudbang and wraymen like this.
  12. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That Oldsmobile is KILLER. The only thing it needs is a paint job and in a DECENT COLOR.

13. GeeRam

GeeRam

No it wasn't.
    You only have to look at home many 1950's Rock n Roll and Rockabilly songs were about the cool cats driving or wanting to be driving a pink Cadillac etc.
    Same for clothes as well, Eddie Cochran singing about trying to raise the dough to buy those Pink Peg Slacks.

Misaeus likes this.
  14. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

I have an off topic pink car I have been driving for 30 years. If I painted it then it wouldn't be a pink Marlin. I also had a pink 55 Ford.

Misaeus and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  15. Rust is a mans man color.

16. Deuces

Deuces

I sometimes wear a cool purple t shirt to work and the guys start to sing that "Barney" the dinosaur song to me....:rolleyes:
    Most of the time I tell'em to f__k off!.... :confused::D:cool:

17. buford_59

buford_59

Car colours and the colour names were directed primarily to the women. Having a brain fart to give some examples, but just look at a colour chart and you will see what I mean. Yes they had female style cars directed at the fairer set, but that was a small market. All the daily drivers out there being sold off the show room floor were usualy bought by a couple. Pops would look under the hood, talk about all the manly options (posi-track, carburation, fuel milage horse power, torque etc. etc.). Mom would look at Pops and the Saleman as if they were talking Chinese. When it came to colour choices and interiors etc. You were in her department. There's always changes in the rules, but that's the way it was back then and probably is the same today. Oh yeah, if the Salesman was good, he definately spoke her language.

Just sayin'

DoUg

Misaeus and Deuces like this.
  18. partssaloon

partssaloon

This is my traveling buddy's car. The ladies always stop to look and the guys want to know what color, "Dusty Rose"
    070.jpeg

Misaeus, Deuces and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  19. I bought one of these once, factory paint. Lasted about a week before I painted it.
    pg.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  20. Slopok

Slopok

Guys painted cars and motorcycles purple cause chicks liked purple! They usually got the prettiest girls, Larry Watson for example.

21. Misaeus

Misaeus

Thanks for the replies!
    I think some colors and combos can really make a car stand out, but most times people care too much about what others will think and go the safe way...

CCC-larry-watson-56-chevys-08.jpg

22. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I like purple, but not pink.

Being one of the many with a color blind affliction, mine is a red-green deficiency, some shades of red and green don't look like what they are to normal eyes. Some shades of pink look white or gray, and some shades of green look brown. Some purples have a blue look to me, I can't see the underlying reds, same with deep maroons, they look black. That's why I only choose colors I can identify, blues, browns, yellows, blacks and whites. I stay away from reds and greens as much as possible.

I've never owned a pink vehicle, and never will. We bought an OT Exploder several years ago on a cloudy day. I'm talking dark cloudy, so much the street lights were on. Under the street light, it looked blue to me. Next day in the sunlight, I couldn't figure out what happened to our car, it was green! I could have swore the damn thing was blue! Turned out it was one of those funky colors that Ford put out that looked different under artificial light, I was pissed to say the least! Haven't bought anything like that since.

Misaeus likes this.
  23. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I've thought about this for a while to be honest. I'm building a long term project custom for my wife, and I told her, she has to pick a color that isn't pink, rose or some other frilly color. Not because there is anything wrong with it, but because since its female-owned car, I don't want the car to be taken less seriously or be treated like a novelty.

That being said, especially when it comes to custom paint jobs, candies and pearls, the colors are often soft and feminine. I've even had people tell me, "I don't mean to insult your car, but it's just so pretty", like I would take offense because I want it to be bad and tough. Pretty is the point! But I'm also a man. And my motivations aren't going to be questioned.

Misaeus likes this.
  24. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it really depends on a lot of things, though. The shade has to be right. You can easily go too far with a sea of bright pink. It can make a car look toyish. Real soft pink is good. Coral is nice. If it's a two tone or three tone paint job, the color combinations need to be complementary.

Misaeus likes this.
  25. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

So I`m questionable. Flowers on my seats. Scan0132.jpg Scan0128.jpg

26. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

In the beginning there was a man and there was a woman and parked curb side was a PINK CADILLAC !!!! B. Springsteen ;););) If I had the time and the money for another project it would be a 50's/ 60's caddy convert . The only car I would paint pink with white and lepard skin interior and paint that quote on the deck lid ! Lol Larry

Misaeus likes this.
  27. primed34

primed34

That had to be one of the ugliest color combos ever. Thank you for changing it. I owe you an adult beverage.

jimmy six likes this.
  28. Back when I was in high school, a buddy’s parents had a 55 Nomad those colors. We cruised it fairly regularly and were made fun of by some for driving a “pink” station wagon... lol :D

jimmy six and Misaeus like this.
  29. I would drive the wheels off this one.
    58_Chevrolet_Impala_HT_-_mild_custom.jpg
    8ddf559fb9009fbd59f8405ca71fb3d6.jpg
    There's a pink and white 55 chevy that shows at the HAMB Drags that I would drive too. It's a cool car, and yes a women owns it.

30. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Piss Yellow and Puke Green.

MO54Frank, Misaeus and chevy57dude like this.