Register now to get rid of these ads!

HUBBA HUBBA my 32-4 Tudor tribute to Gramps

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Runnin shine, Jul 15, 2015.

1. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Please tell me you have been welding like a madman and haven't lifted the helmet to post anything.
    The HAMB is becoming tedious and boring, there are only about three builds worth following and the rest has turned into streetrods and old guys worrying about prices.

2. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Well Matt I’ve taken a couple days to come up with how to reply. I got nothin, certainly not poetic, that would make anyone believe that I’ve been honoring any sort of code that would validate the responsibility to keep the H.A.M.B. and it’s hosting as sacrosanct?
    I’ve been lurking, liking, and looking along for legit inspiring light. I’m lamenting my lakes-sedan’s lasting impression and loathe the losses I’ve laid down to legions listening. I’d love to liberate her from limbo. Likely it lends to being lambasted for lameness?

“As my ol’ man you to say before he left this shitty world” you can’t take it with. I hope this doesn’t come across as self righteous. I don’t give a poop emoji about how much my thirty two four is worth. Truth be told I also don’t care how much it costs. I have a vision and the only thing holding that back now is life and limitations in respect to cash loads or loans. That and maybe lots of laziness or lack of libations.
    Really longing for the L words Latey

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. will just lounge till the laziness leaves or the libations are located.

brEad, loudbang, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Don’t feel bad about it. None of us do lol

loudbang, Stogy and Runnin shine like this.
  5. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I fiddled with the seats and grill yesterday a little bit didn’t do any fab.
    I can’t believe it’s been over two years since worked on these pieces or finished the dash.
    IMG_5861.JPG
    IMG_2851.JPG
    IMG_3993.JPG
    IMG_5709.JPG
    IMG_5846.JPG
    Here’s reminders from my phone.
    So much to finish and redo.
    Maybe Ted will let me join the Slackers? Na, their title is not very accurate.

Stogy, slv63, brEad and 6 others like this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Still looks good from here, by the time it’s out of the garage the patina will be real lol

-Brent-, slv63, brEad and 4 others like this.
  7. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Git er done. Time waits for nobody.

slv63 and Runnin shine like this.
  8. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Tell ya what does wait though. Wyatt for a 42x66” sheet of copper for his roof insert and a English wheel. Oh and a 3-71 while Wyatt’s at it.

brEad, ct1932ford and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I read that as feet and not inches and was like what the fuck is he doing? Lol

loudbang and Runnin shine like this.
  10. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Well I do know where there is a nice 371. The truck it is in might go for scrap. And if nobody notices the blower may just fall off.
    Can't help on the copper though.

Get cracking. Starting to smell like macrame again lol!

brEad, chryslerfan55, Tim and 2 others like this.
  11. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

IMG_0633.JPG
    Does cleaning up your “Brody Knob” count at all?
    IMG_0008.JPG

slv63, kidcampbell71, brEad and 5 others like this.
  12. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Absolutely

Though maybe don’t say that in mixed company lol

14. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

IMG_0697.JPG
    Moving things around in the whole entire garage including a door. It’s all a huge mess now. Hopefully as soon as it’s all cleaned up and organized I can get on the body. It’s been more than long enough I suppose. Gramps is basically completely blind now. There is some sadness in my head about how long I’ve taken knowing this.

15. Still looks like a plan!:cool:

16. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Hey Mark. That is not your original drawing. It’s a color copy that I scribbled on. Yours hangs in my sons room.

17. Hope it is still keeping you inspired.

18. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Though I have no clue what my pulley/belt future holds I have lots of concerns for cooling the “Lakes” Tudor. The supercharger is going to add to the dilemma of course. I also have to invent a good placement for the generator. I really don’t want it over a head but also don’t want to sacrifice its old chrome lure.
    I have one fan assembly but have been set on a chrome fan in my mind from way back. I finally have a used chrome fan coming that was 25 bucks. I am afraid it won’t be period enough. For it has six stainless flex blades on a steel center. It possibly won’t be of any use but I think it could be my best cooling option at 16” if I make a shroud.

I don’t t know when flex fans came along. Some of you must though. I need my critics to chime in here.

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  19. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Put a shroud around it and if you run a hood make sure you have lots of room around the blower for air to escape.

If the fan is too ugly keep looking for something to replace it with later...

20. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Like reverse the cowl vent lid, make a duct work through the firewall to let the blower heat escape. Then crack the windshield open and all the heat could come into the cockpit? Lol

Outback, dumprat and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

C'mon Wyatt, I need to see some progress, as Mart said all we are bored with all the Old guy street rodders who have taken over the HAMB, asking about tubbing their cars and how it will effect the value, Really? does tweed interior itch or are Dakota Digital gauges better than Dolphin gauges, and what their fiber glass '32s are worth in today's market ,WTF has happened to the HAMB ??? LOL, we need something good to hold on too! Get too welding, mig wire and welding gas are cheap!!
    IMG_1870.JPG

slv63, kidcampbell71, brEad and 3 others like this.
  22. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Ya man, get to welding and grinding on that body. Once you see progress there you'll be inspired to keep going and get this bad ass car on the road :D:D

23. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Like get the hood louvered with the louvers on backwards to suck air in and blow the heat out the bottom of the engine compartment.

Outback, loudbang, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  24. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Tim and loudbang like this.
  25. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Hmm does that mean you will have your car on the road for that?

loudbang likes this.
  26. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Well... I work a hell-a-lots better with a deadline. Especially if it’s one that I want. Sorry to disappoint but four months has not proven itself to be a sizable enough space in time for me to preform miracles. Sixteen months on the other hand would be more true to life. If I could magically find “away” not A way, to work on the car after the family went to sleep and weekends some, like typical households, maybe. The funds for the engine is still a huge hill to climb(pun). I’d prefer to navigate that cool one.

Fan... I think it can at least fake it till something better falls on me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hubba Hubba... (see the well placed branding) has in store?
    Progress report and surveillance footage up around the bend in something zero hundred hours certainly expected.
    Inspiration... In the immortal words of the King from that most fabulous tune, If I Can Dream.
    “there must be light in the darkness somewhere”

Stogy likes this.
  27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

1: that fan should work fine. What you’ll be able to see looks good and it’s replaceable down the line if you want. All this “everything perfect before the first time it rolls out of the garage isn’t very realistic or traditional and keeps a lot of guys from going out and having fun

2: the hill climb and the days and events surrounding it will be 200% worth the effort. It is unlike anything I’ve ever ever seen in real life. 2021 might be our return to the mountains as well!

28. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

If you could see the Horrible paint job on my hemi valve covers you wouldn't worry about a chrome fan......

Time and tide waits for nobody.

29. -Brent-

-Brent-

A deadline to finish the whole project is not reasonable either.

I have found setting deadlines for critical tasks in life/projects works far better. And, in a short amount of time you have a lot of progress.

In saying that, I will be honest, I apply this to a lot of life except one back burner OT project that happens to occupy most of my shop. I make more excuses about why I don't get it done.

Tim, brEad, kidcampbell71 and 2 others like this.
  30. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Yup small bites you can chew up and swallow, rather than choke on the whole thing.

Smokey Yunick "How do you eat an elephant " I paraphrase of course.

loudbang, Tim and Runnin shine like this.