Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Gas tank strap on my 63 Falcon Ranchero

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Waterboychuck, May 1, 2020.

1. Waterboychuck

Waterboychuck

When I bought the ranchero it didn't have a gas tank in it so I bought a new one along with the straps that hold it in. I'm trying to figure out how the straps go in. The real one looks like it bolts to the rear bolt on the leaf spring but I cannot find any location for t he front strap. IT look like it ends on the frame butt no holes etc to bolt it. Can someone post a photo or explain how it's bolted?

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Did you buy a new tank for a Ranchero? Where did you find one? You may know this but i think they go side to side. Forgive me if you already know this. I guess all ranchero tanks rot out. I have a pretty solid 64 but the tank is toast

3. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

I found this video on removing a gas tank. Maybe you can see how it is positioned in the frame so you can see how to install yours. Hope this helps.

4. Waterboychuck

Waterboychuck

5. Waterboychuck

Waterboychuck

Do you have a link to the video?

6. Waterboychuck

Waterboychuck

Yes I found it on Ebay but you can also go to Parts geek or Rockauto

7. Waterboychuck

Waterboychuck

The tank straps go from drivers side to passenger side where the passenger side has a bent piece of metal that goes through a rectangular hole in the crossmember while the other end bolts to the drivers side frame, but I cannot see how the front one attaches as there isn't any place to bolt to. See the two photos that I've attached. I would like a photo of how it attaches on the front strap.

Attached Files:

8. goldmountain

goldmountain

Did you get a gas tank for a sedan? They are different than the Ranchero and station wagon.

9. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...=installing+fuel+tank+1964+Ranchero&FORM=VDRE
    Try this link. I Googled "installing fuel tank 1964 Ranchero".
    I clicked on "Videos of installing fuel tank 1964 Ranchero". This is one of those links that has many, many photos/videos. You scroll down a couple of pages until you come to a video titled "removing gas tank". It is 19:39 long. The picture shows a dirty looking gas tank that looks like it has a piece of metal on top of it. It is dated Apr 5, 2018, 5.1k views, YouTube - fun with cars. I hope you can open the link. If it doesn't work for you, go thru the Google steps. Good luck. Hope it helps you.

10. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Crap! The link isn't there. Even though I Googled "installing fuel tank", the video I found was for removing the gas tank.

11. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Damn! It looks like the link did copy to my response. I just tried to click on the link and it went right to the video. Like Beuford T Justice use to say, "Sum Bitch!". Enjoy.