Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TEN Publishing Cancelled Magazine Refund

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucas doolin, Jan 16, 2020.

1. I've got every issue of Street Rodder magazine and have been a LONG time subscriber, yet I haven't received any reimbursement in over 10 weeks,..

2. johnc451

johnc451

rustyl---I would make a follow up call at this point.

3. ...just sent out an email to the customer service people,...hope somethin happens soon,
    ...I had subs to 4 or 5 magazines that got cut.

4. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

I finally got mine.

5. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

I guess I am hijacking thread, but are they not printing any new issues of Hot Rod due to the Coronavirus? Should've got a June 2020 by now...

6. Not sure if they stopped printing Hot Rod magazine but I can tell you they are still sending out solicitations to get you to extend your subscription.

7. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I just got 2 checks in the mail on Saturday. 1 for street rodder and 1 for muscle car review. I treid calling a few times and couldn't get through. I emailed 2 times got a response but no answer after I insisted on a refund not a change. I have friend that got hot rod instead of a refund.

8. ...finally , got an email, said refund was sent April 15th , should receive any day.

9. ...well after 16 days of waiting I finally received my magazine refund check.
    ...yesterday I received 3 envelopes in the mail each with subscription offers to Hot Rod for 12 issues for $15.00...no thanks....has anyone even seen a recent issue of Hot Rod?

10. 5window

5window

Just got my HotRod new issue (June) today and just renewed by subscription at 24 issues/$20.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  11. 270283

Called Hot Rod about not receiving June issue. They said it was mailed on the 20th. We shall see.

12. Phil1934

Phil1934

Got SR refund 2-1/2 mos. ago, called on CC refund 2 wks ago and told in 2 wks. Waiting. Got June HRM with no subscription cards.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  13. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

We all know TEN Publishing really wants to do the right thing. They just need some coaxing and several reminders. (Yeah sure. More like they are likely afraid of what will happen to their publishing "empire" if they don't. ) Keep at 'em, boys. As my (French) wife says: "The money is better in our pocket than in theirs."

14. 5window

5window

I had subscriptions to CarCraft and StreetRodder. Didn't even try for refunds as a lost cause.

15. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

good eye! tom petty used to talk about record club of america--if you didn't send albums back, you had to buy them!

16. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i opted for "four wheeler"; got one issue online!

17. Now that the whole magazine cancellation/refund thing is winding down I kind of wonder how TEN is making out attracting eyes to their online magazine websites. I was thinking about it this morning and it dawned on me that I literally never go to any of their webpages to view anything. While I was a customer that read their magazines regularly, when I'm just looking for online car info or entertainment I hit the hamb or one of several other sites I frequent. Do people really search online for a Street Rodder or Car Craft website to look at a hundred parts ads for new stuff and the accompanying infomercial on installing them? Looking back they seem like their on another planet compared to the hamb.

5window likes this.
  18. No delivery of May or June issues to me.......called them...they said they would extend my subscription 2 months, but could not get me the missing issues.......seems like that company is on the ropes.......

19. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I would have to suspect the same thing. Publishers always have extra copies

20. Fordors

Fordors

They are either on the ropes or just sorting out the editorial staff at the three remaining titles. There was a statement issued that they offered a one time buyout to employees and if a number of those people took that deal everything could be in an uproar. I received the May issue but the way magazine lead times are it may have taken some time to put June together if staff left and had to be replaced.
    If HR did go away honestly I would not miss it, I wasn’t getting it but I fell for one of there cheap sub offers and it was so cheap I wouldn’t ask for a refund if they did end publication.
    If Marlan Davis took the buyout then the tech content, which was pretty slim to begin with, won’t be worth much of anything.

21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

The thing that gets me is they knew, or i feel like they knew this was happening and were still selling subs. I have many cuss words to use towards them but i will refrain......................for now

22. tjm73

tjm73

I have a feeling they are in free fall. Total speculation. But I think a lot of people have turned their back on them over this.

Gasser 57 likes this.