Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Title signature for overseas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slim38, Apr 26, 2020.

1. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Hey guys my 38 might be going to Australia soon. Where would i sign on title once everything is confirmed and how did you guys go about making a bill of sell. Thanks in advance

2. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

In Kansas you can on line to the state web site and print off a bill of sale, I would assume Texas has something similar .

slim38 likes this.
  3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Not sure about Texas but Kentucky requires a Notary for title signatures. A bill of sale can be hand hacked and printed off your computer.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    slim38 likes this.
  4. Look on the back of the title. There should be a spot to sign.

slim38 likes this.

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

With the 64 Fairlane I imported here in 2019 I filled out forms for Arizona DoT indicating it was being sold interstate (Exported overseas). I required the title for both export and import purposes however I know of others down here that have imported cars with only Bills of Sale. Titles aren't used down here.

slim38 likes this.
  6. Bullit68

Bullit68
    from Verona, PA

In PA, we are a notary state. That requires a notorized (raised) stamp on the title in front of a notary public with both buyer and seller present. If selling out of state, the name and address of the buyer must be hand written on the title at the time of notorizing along with the sellers signature and presence. The title can then only be transferred to that person legally, no one else.

7. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

This buyer is legit. He bought another car already and funds went through with no problem. He told me he doesn't need a title. He said just send him a copy of title and bill of sale.

8. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Thanks for replys guys. I talked to him again today and he said he doesn't need a title only a copy to prove that there are no leans. He said keep it or put it in truck.

9. rusty valley

rusty valley

thats what a title is, proof that there are no leans. sounds fishy to me

10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would have presumed Aussie was similar to NZ. We recently brought in a 32 pickup from TX. On the back of the title there is a spot for the seller to sign and the buyer also. Plus we needed a bill of sale . I very much doubt they will let it leave the US or get legal vin in Aussie with out proper documentation. They love a paper trail . We got the seller to send us copies of the documents prior to shipping , and the originals stayed with the pickup on its voyage.
    The port officials load the vin on the title (as long as it matches the numbers on the vehicle) into the system . So when I went to the vin station they could see the number was already in the system , to get my new Kiwi 14 digit tag assigned.
    No one ever asked about any Liens on the vehicle . Never saw anyone “Lean” on it....

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  11. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Customs at the port of departure require the notorized paperwork(signed and dated) ,title & bill of sale. Going to Europe they do from port in NJ and Long Beach,CA.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He may not think he needs the title but I would check with customs. Here it usually costs 5 bucks to have a notary stamp and sign your paperwork when you sign it in front of them but it is well worth it.