Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hell ya, I got them

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

2. got beat up by a Quaderjet...but won round two......

3. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finished stiffening an Eastwood bead roller and making a stand for it. Goofed up on some of the lettering though. It’ll still work.

168E3FBF-8312-40AD-A487-00EC82CB431D.jpeg 30D9DA07-5802-44A1-B0B4-762166D6FD0A.jpeg

bymanr, swade41, Jalopy Joker and 2 others like this.
  4. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Smoked some meatloaf come on over....first come first served IMG_20200425_105630457.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Lil32 likes this.
  6. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not that I know about...just come on and get some before it's gone

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  7. Rand Man

Rand Man

I got my mower out and tackled some rough stuff on the back of my property. This big Snapper has a tension spring on the deck belt. Sure enough, I got caught on a stick and threw the spring. I guess it’s a safety, but it is a pain in the ass to get back on. I proved I can still turn a wrench and got it fixed. Well, it ran well enough, until I threw it again. Guess what I’m doing tomorrow. Should be easier next time.

swade41 likes this.
  8. Got a little closer this afternoon[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Using the proper social distancing protocol I listed a bunch of "never should have bought it, never gonna use it" parts at noon on Saturday and sold the last at 6:30 this evening. I think cabin fever played a big part!

swade41 and The37Kid like this.
  10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Watching Oak Island now..

j hansen and The37Kid like this.
  11. I like oak island[​IMG]

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd like to watch a show that would explain how to dig a 200 foot deep shaft (by hand) lined with timber that doesn't collapse while building it. Bob

13. Lifted the body off the rust wagon frame and started sizing up the floor pan. Pressure washed the frame and set it aside.
    DSCF5078.JPG DSCF5079.JPG DSCF5080.JPG

14. X-cpe

X-cpe

Building a belt and spring guard.:)

15. LAROKE

LAROKE

From the BillyBob Shop log

April 27th 2020 I have a small hole in the back of the cab so, I mixed up a minimal batch of JB Weld and plugged it. JB Weld is waterproof and does not shrink. I've used this method before on the BillyBob windshield bodywork and it is still holding strong.

Wiped down the top with mineral spirits again and gave it the tack cloth treatment followed up by two more coats of paint rolled on a day apart. Broke out a new supply of denser rollers. None of these have fallen off the spindles yet. They don't soak up as much paint. I have mo' better drip control.

Wet sanded with 400 grit. My wet-sanding Kung-Fu is weak. I was not happy with the results after 2 mineral spirits wipe downs. Re-sanded with 400 grit dry, then mineral spirits wipe, tack cloth and two more coats rolled on.

I have one more sanding with 800 grit and a final coat of paint to roll. Currently, I'm out of paint and waiting for delivery. In the meantime, beer of the day is Bent River Brewing Co's Jingle Java Oatmeal Stout with Coffee.

[​IMG]

16. Made the stump fit the anvil[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

For what it's worth, I've been looking at it for five minutes.

18. How do you plan to hold it in place? HRP

19. What did you do today?

What I seem to excel in doing, giving the moderators something to delete or lock!

4 threads this week.:confused: HRP

20. Garden stuff. Early today we Planted Pumpkins ,Watermelon & sweet corn. I have a troy built tiller and it does a great job. However it doesn't get into corners and tight places. I have a old front tine vertical shaft tiller with a foreward and reverse. The briggs engine was shot. Been setting for over a Decade. I had bought a vertical shaft high pressure washer that wasn't winterized and the pump froze and locked up. paid $10 at auction. The Honda overhead valve engine ran and looked like new. the crank shaft is the same diameter so I redrilled the mounting holes and installed the much larger Honda Engine. And it works teriffic. took less than a hour to get it done. Ive been tilling every extra corner and planting corn and cucumbers. every animal We have likes to eat cucumbers. And Of course they all also like corn. Hoping to cut down on the monthly feed expence?

21. Been there Done That!

22. Caprice89

Caprice89

Went to see my cousin. She and her husband and sons are all into these 2 stroke, 3 wheeled Italian cars, called "Ape". We set our cars side by side. Great fun! IMG_20200427_114858.jpeg IMG_20200427_114818.jpeg IMG_20200427_114909.jpeg

Sent from my online shouting device

23. I recessed it into the log about one inch I'm thinking about some z strips lag bolted across each end. Also a flat band around the top of the log to weld hammer loops to.

24. Got more done today. I cant help myself it is a sickness[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

25. Jim, you do nice work! I like John Deere lawn and garden tractors, but I’ve seen quite a few with broken hoods, we used to have one. Your idea is really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

deathrowdave and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. Thanks Andy
    I tried to stop the cracks by drilling the end but they just kept coming. All steel will fix it.
    Wife wants me to put a blower hat on it, she is worse than me.

27. Went for a drive...

C3DB45ED-191A-457C-9B2A-898C17B9027F.jpeg

David Gersic and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finished the foot feed on my sons 40 Chevrolet. Used the original aluminum pedal assembly and cable only shorter with parts he found in his stash of leftovers from his first dirt track car.
    The progressive carb linkage worked out nice with a Ford FE 406 3-2’s from Mack’s and some aluminum tubing I had. Mechanical fan and radiator fan shroud along with a cleaned out and painted radiator are installed for the last time we hope and after running tomorrow we will start on the fenders and hood. He has added a mount in front of the radiator for a electric fan if needed but we are hoping it’s not needed.
    We had the cam run in 2 weeks ago and just might drive it up and down the street with no front clip.
    1CCF3165-0350-440B-A89C-930D474DA1EB.jpeg CA0F3F32-085F-4239-ABAF-047688EFD561.jpeg 5CDDF76E-500F-49A1-8304-D112E337A2D9.jpeg

29. It's looking good and looking like you're getting coverage, not many understand the labor involved in the finished product doing one of these jobs, keep it up !

LAROKE likes this.
  30. Took all the metal I trimmed off the Wagon and what ever else that was laying around to the scrap yard in Bend. This job is messy enough with out all that clutter under foot, then re-supplied my abrasive wheel stock and bought some other supplies for the project. After returning home I sat and stared at it imagining how to proceed. Think I'll do some work in the yard tomorrow while I think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.