Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigbangtheory, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

Took this 3 window to Henry at Steadfast Mfg. The chassis is started and it's going to be a quick build, hopefully done by August.
    Resized_20200405_135126_4789.jpeg Resized_20200423_114959_3370.jpeg Resized_20200423_114757_3770.jpeg

2. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

3. brady1929

brady1929

4. Man,,,that is really gonna be beautiful !

Tommy

loudbang likes this.

5. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Cool, looks like a great start!

loudbang likes this.
  6. That chassis is a work of art! It would be a shame to cover it up...

loudbang likes this.
  7. brady1929

brady1929

Oh man, that is awesome!

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  8. alchemy

alchemy

Make sure you survive the build and get to drive it. Hate to see it known as the four widow coupe.

9. rusty valley

rusty valley

looks like a fiberglass street rod to me. what a shame

10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

All I would suggest is that you do some of the work so you can take a little pride and ownership of your hot rod ,when your chatting the fellows up at the next cruise or car show.

WiredSpider and Blue One like this.
  11. ^^^
    In todays world of hotrodding, the simple act of writing the check for the complete build is all that's required for pride of ownership. Besides, the working part has already been handled or the check would bounce.

12. patsurf

patsurf

that last line IS a truth often overlooked!-making money is not often easy,not that i'm the guy to ask!!

prpmmp and Pat Thompson like this.
  13. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

What the F...guys can’t you just be happy for someone and keep the snarky F-ing comments to your self’s. Not everyone has the time or talent to handle a build themselves, cut the high school lunchroom table crap.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app
    www.speedoservice.com
    Should I rush your rush job or the rush job I was rushing when you rushed in?

14. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

I don't see any difference in a Brookville or Fiberglass. They are BOTH reproduction. Not everyone has access to an ORIGINAL 32. Ford didn't make that many.

15. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Took longer than I thought it would.

clem likes this.
  16. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

Looks like it will be a nice contemporary hot rod....

dirty old man and loudbang like this.
  17. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

You are posting on the internet and social media
    You should expect some negative comments

18. Quality results so far..does it have to be done by August?..I'd hate to see any quality suffer because of a certain time line.

loudbang likes this.
  19. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

My thoughts were in the context of making him getting his hands dirty to feel more like a part of the build if he can. Nothing negative implied.

Blue One likes this.
  20. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

How do we know it's fiberglass or Brookville from one distant photo?

An assumption or did I miss something? I don't see where the owner spelled out the body/fender's origin.

21. If a pro builder can't build and finish a quality, belly button, 32 Ford in 4 months, a reduction of 10% off the agreed price for every day it's late seems about fair. Every component for a 32 is available from somebody, somewhere. Poor planning, or a poor work ethic, has nothing to do with the customer, and said customer should not be forced to pay for the builders shortcomings.

22. My statement was more of a general response, addressing the completion by a certain date issue with this/any build.
    I've seen where people..okay even "pro builders" rush their work with unfavorable results.
    The end result will be with you throughout the life of your ownership of the vehicle..a couple of extra days, weeks even will be long forgotten.
    As far as an efficient professional shop is concerned, naturally they should be able to "build and finish a quality, belly button, 32 Ford in 4 months", providing of course they devote their entire time solely on that particular build, rather than switching from one to another build in the shop, and putting out fires that can typically come up in the course of a day for any small business.

studebaker46 and loudbang like this.
  23. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

Hey Rusty Valley......That's the exact look we are going for. Glad we nailed the look. Thanks man lol.

24. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

I don't have the skills to do the work on this car. All I would do is eff it up and then pay twice as much to have it fixed. I'll be plenty proud to be the owner when Henry is done building the car and believe me eveyone will know just by looking at the car who the buider was.

seadog, pineknot4, clem and 14 others like this.
  25. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

I busted my ass every day for 45 years as a laborer so I think I have earned the right to do whatever I want to with the money I have. If I want to help Henry earn a living building badass cars that's what I am going to do. If people don't like it that's to bad,

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  26. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

It doesn't have to be done by August, just trying to have it done for Louisville. Quality will not be an issue.

loudbang and 40FORDPU like this.
  27. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

It's all Henry Ford steel. Nicest body and fenders I've ever seen. Zero patches anywhere. IMG952018071395213006777.jpg

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  28. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

RJP.....I don't think this will look like the average "belly button" 32 when it is finished.

29. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

Keep the comments coming guys, I can take it.

pineknot4, charleyw, scotty t and 9 others like this.
  30. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I for one am envious, what’s better than a full fendered 32, 3 window coupe, my dream. look forward to the build!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app