Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2020 H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The 2020 H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. alchemy

alchemy

IMG_2116.JPG

My little bro has been working hard on his coupe with the 2020 Drags as a goal. We hope they are a GO!

3. I hope its a green light too. Whether I am there or not it is how I mark my life. The drags happen and I have another year behind me.

That said good on you Ryan. I wish more people were hide n watch. patience is something that we all seem to have a shorter supply of than TP and something that we need more of.

4. It’s odd...so many different takes on this.. I think HRR Bowling Green is still on for June the last time I checked...
    I hope the drags happen...

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This isn't a take on my part of any kind... I'm just relying on people smarter than me to make the call on whether it's safe or not. Like I said, I don't wanna take someone's money right now given this time of hardship only to have to give it back later.

If it turns out that it's safe to run the event, I will make it happen.

If it's questionable, I won't...

What I don't really have much interest in doing is re-scheduling. My kids start school the week following the drags and my schedule gets impossible with that... So, it's an on or off deal.

6. lilmann

lilmann

Ryan, I’ve always expressed to people about the “code of conduct” the H.A.M.B. members adhere to and you’ve shown one of the most respected qualities in this recent post - being honorable.

Your action of waiting this thing out and not opening up registration in your own words “taking people’s money during a time of hardship just to return it months later” is just another example of how trustworthy 99.9% of the guys/gals act here on the H.A.M.B.

I left $10k in the hands of @2dueces64 for his - now my 34 five window - and met back up with Gary with the remaining money months later.....because I felt he was trustworthy based off of meeting him in person of course but also his reputation on the H.A.M.B.

Thanks for leading by example.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Good call.

honestly I think you could announce it was a go two days before with no pre registration and just have someone at the gate splitting them into parking lot, show, drag and you’d still have to many people to count show up with the way this spring/ summer is looking car stuff wise.

Thanks for the heads up either way, and thanks for being safe.

8. 504640

Good call, Ryan! You have balanced enthusiasm and hopefulness with reality!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Ryan, I agree with your statement. The hot rod hobby is full of high risk members. Because there are no concrete predictions for the future, most of us have the want and see attitude. I have made the statement several times that we will lose a year of our lives because of this. Better to be safe than sorry.

chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  10. sunbeam

sunbeam

I'm hoping 90 degree weather will be hard on covid

CornfieldPerformance likes this.
  11. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Ryan:
    For what it worth I think you are doing a smart thing and waiting to see what happens next.

We are in uncharted waters and many people are expressing their opinions but no wants to to error on the wrong side of history so patience becomes very important.

Jimbo

mad mikey and Tim like this.
  12. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yep. Good call.

mad mikey likes this.
  13. Gman0046

Gman0046

Right now theres too much uncertainty to make an inteligent decision. Hope for the best.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    mad mikey likes this.
  14. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

Thanks for the update.

15. Good decision. This pandemic is not to be taken lightly. Especially when you consider that a lot of us are old fellas. Be safe.

mad mikey likes this.
  16. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have not missed one yet and don't want to start now. Like everything else, we will wait and see.

-Abone.

MO_JUNK, mad mikey and Roothawg like this.
  17. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

I’m really hoping it’s a go-man-go.
    Plus we all want the T shirt.

mad mikey and town sedan like this.
  18. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

I just got an email telling me that Good Guys changed the Salt Lake City event from May to July which really surprised me. The venue is owned by the State of Utah so the Governor must have given the go ahead, seems premature to me, we'll see.

19. pumpman

pumpman

Right call at the right time. Smart over stupid.

20. Butch M

Butch M

Good call Ryan

21. 34hambdrags19_2.jpg Grrrrr....sitting here in my computer chair gritting my teeth...about the damned virus!!! It's really getting old and with my bogus health, I'm not a good candidate for surviving. I'd love to participate in just one more HAMB drags.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    mad mikey, Stogy and raven like this.
  22. raven

raven

You will, Rocky, you will.
    Have faith.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

mad mikey, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  23. 392

Right call. All we can do is wait this shit out.

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  24. @Ryan the @raven just informed me that if it is a go I am going to be there. So I know the logistics are a nightmare. I am prepared to do grunt work or whatever is needed if it becomes a last minute thing or a thing at all. I am yours my friend, I'll even be polite if I need to be. ;)

25. badvolvo

badvolvo

Ryan, Please consider opening up pre-paid non-refundable registration. If you have to cancel, take a cut to cover your expenses and send the rest to MoKan Dragway. I will gladly pay the entry fee, and if we don't race, I know it's still going to a good cause.

26. raven

raven

I agree!
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

27. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm OK with this idea. MoKan is going to need whatever they can get this year, and I'll register if the above is an option.

mad mikey, Roothawg, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  28. alchemy

alchemy

mask.jpg

Just require NHRA-approved masks.

29. silverdome

silverdome

Sounds reasonable to me.

mad mikey and loudbang like this.