Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What inspired your online name

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by in the weeds, Apr 15, 2020.

1. I suddenly have an urge to watch Gone with the Wind.;)
    Good story, I actually lived an urban version of that. My parents refused to move during the “White Flight” because of the 68 riots. There were some rough times for sure but I have some fond memories also.

rbrewer, Boodlum, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  2. Cymro

Cymro

Anagram of " Pilot House"

3. Jokester

Jokester

Three hotrodders walk into a bar. Bartender says "what is this? some kind of joke?"

Attached Files:

loudbang, 1Nimrod, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  4. Cymro

Cymro

Mine "Cymro" Quite simply I'm a Welshman, living in Wales, In my native language Welsh, spoken daily.
    Cymru = Wales and Cymro = Welshman.
    Easy really.

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

One of my friends old girlfriends son called me that since I like to spend a bunch of time in junkyards.

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

There were a lot of Joes in the local car scene, so you were designated by model year. Interestingly, I had a 57 Chevy when I got that moniker, but it stuck when I later got my 57 Ford. The FoMoPar is a play on FoMoCo and MoPar, since I took the Y block out of my 57 Ford and put a big block Chrysler in. Like my car, it's a mash up of the two.

7. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

No

Cymro nailed it! I owe you a beer.

41 GMC K-18, dwollam and loudbang like this.
  8. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

I used this name for a CB handle back in the late 70ty's. It came from one of my favorite of color Jokes involving a man with a Wooden Eye asking a girl with a Hair Lip for a dance. I feel pretty certain there are a lot of guys my age on this site that know this story.

9. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

I was born with the name Dustin all my family call's me Dusty Dudder Dud... I've had the same problem some people miss hear me say Dustin and call me Dusty then a person next to the other person thinks they said Rusty and on it goes... So I really understand how you feel my friend I just give up after a while and just answer to what ever they want to call me...
    From Dustin
    (1Nimrod)

10. SkyDriver

SkyDriver

I flew helicopters and vintage airplanes for many years.

11. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

1Nimrod...
    I was at church one Sunday and my cousin Shirley walked up and said your a "Nimrod" Dustin. She being from the generation growing up in the 1930's used many Bible name's. But for my generation 1960-70's "Nimrod" was something very different and not very nice to say to another person unless you wanted to get into a bloody fight. So I explained to my older cousin that the word was not appropriate. She then apologized to me and said I forget that the meaning of words have changed over the years. Then the next Sunday she slipped me a paper with Genesis 10:9 written on it and said to me you are a Hunter are you not Dustin and I said yes. To which she replied please read this when you get a chance. So I looked up Genesis 10:9 and it reads (I'm paraphrasing) "Like Nimrod the mighty Hunter before the LORD" That is way Shirley called me "Nimrod" bcuz I'm a Hunter.
    The 1 I put in front of the name Nimrod bcuz I had a personalized license plate for many years here in Michigan and the name Nimrod was already used so I just added the 1 to Nimrod, I also had Nimrod2 as another name on my other license plate. So that's why I chose 1Nimrod as my name.
    Many thanks to my loving cousin Shirley Hoffman for blessing me.

From
    1Nimrod...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  12. karl share

karl share

When i worked at Komatsu heavy equipment there was a sweedish guy there that we called 6.9, he always asked us why we called him that. His real name was sven, (almost seven.) :D It still took him a while to get it. o_O

Lepus, 41 GMC K-18, 1Nimrod and 9 others like this.
  13. I happened upon my handle, because I had a brain fart on the first day I signed in on our company website when we started doing computer scheduling, needed a name in a hurry, and couldn't think of anything imaginative.
    Back in my air force days, it wasn't uncommon to call us fighter type pilots, jet jocks, and as I wanted a name a bit unusual and yet one I could easily remember, I came up with J-Jock.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.
    Bob

14. In high school I ran with 3 other guys. One guy though we should all have nicknames,so he found a "nickname" book. I was a farm kid. In the book a farmer was a "Stumpjumper" . I tried using that name first,but it was already taken. Since I live in Minnesota , I added MN. End of story.

15. There is a small town here in Minnesota named "Nimrod"

16. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bought many 1940 Mopar coupes , fixed a rusted out one , bought a solid 4 door and spliced them together , then chopped it , put the 4 door rear split window in too .....Picked up this 51...great thread...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  17. tader

tader

First initial + last name. Sometimes I have to use tadertots or tadersalad for my handle...

Sent from my moto x4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I could have been worse you could have used penis for a password and have been refused for to small.

19. Todd553

Todd553

First name plus the number of my race car.
    IMG_1289 3.jpg IMG_1388.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0160.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0161.jpg

20. Buck 110, there are a bunch of knock offs out there also.

21. Yep, I’ve got one too.

22. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

23. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

my yahoo email address is hotrod_man_2000. during my first year, someone got lazy and referred to me as hrm2k...…...and it stuck

24. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

[​IMG]

1965 Plymouth Sport Fury Pace Car.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

25. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

26. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

That’s funny guys! I put a picture of a 60,000 lbs machine out there and get three comments about my pocket knife I laid on the track to demonstrate the size of the tracks!!...... I love the H.A.M.B! Never disappoints me! LoL!

Bones

27. I can relate to the pocket knife. The biggest machine I have is the John Deere tractor.

41 GMC K-18, 1Nimrod, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  28. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

My family has been friends with the Rhodes family, our next door (3/4 mile) neighbors, for over a hundred years..... well , one of them was finally named Dustin!

Bones

29. D2Denny

D2Denny

Boneyard. You got me, size matters! True American muscle. One of the great engine sounds, 1473 cubic inches of low RPM Cat diesel pushing a blade full of dirt.