Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What inspired your online name

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by in the weeds, Apr 15, 2020.

1. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My name is Larry and I live in Lone Jack, MO. Any questions?

2. The Blues giant Sonny Boy Williamson name was John Lee Williamson, I liked it so I used it here, also my name is John Williamson, so go figure!

j-jock, 1Nimrod, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  3. Yes, it's that your ass in your avatar o_O:p

CobraJoe, loudbang, OLDSMAN and 3 others like this.
  4. Lil32

Lil32

5. primed34

primed34

Been running my '34 in some type of primer or satin since '84. Just never could decide on a color.

j-jock, 1Nimrod, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  6. Dman

Dman

7. My parents thought it was a great initial and last name.

Phil

8. First part is because I have a lot of cars, second part is my last name with one letter changed.

1Nimrod, Lil32, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  9. One Bad Pig

One Bad Pig

I was listening to a band called One Bad Pig when I joined.

1Nimrod, s55mercury66, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  10. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it is...I think I'm fallin' for Larry;)

11. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

My name is Lynn Wells... hence LWEL... the 9226 is the phone key numbers for WACO...
    a nickname I have had for about 50 years.....

LynnW

1Nimrod, s55mercury66, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  12. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Interesting "Cobra" story. I used to work with a Radiologist, who had a friend from Med School, who lived in California; he went down for a visit, and the guy actually owned an ORIGINAL, FOR REAL, AC COBRA. They took it out for a cruise on the Pacific Coast Highway, and RAN OUT OF GAS!!! Anyway, my Radiologist from work had to stay with the car while his friend went for gas. Course all kinds of people kept stopping to look at the car. How many people can you name/know, who have run out of gas in a real AC Cobra? True story, and this is the honest to God truth. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  13. grumpy65

grumpy65

Ok. I'll play.
    Go on, have a stab in the dark. o_O

14. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

In HS my girl friend thought I was sick because of my addiction to speed, as in MPH. I spent 23 years racing motorcycles and 10 years road racing cars. Maybe she knew something.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

1Nimrod, s55mercury66, Lil32 and 6 others like this.
  15. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

My first old car-46 Ford.

1Nimrod, s55mercury66, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  16. poco

poco
    from oklahoma

poco//first 2 letters in pogue/first 2 letters coffrin, wife thought this up.

1Nimrod, s55mercury66, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  17. In 1965 you played one of the dwarfs in in an off broadway version of Snow White?;)

18. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Good question

loudbang likes this.
  19. vor

vor

I was a civilian mechanic working for the Territorial Army back in the late70s early80s, and when we went to our yearly fortnight camp we would set up a vehicle workshop for the whole battalion. The workshop crew were a lazy lot and hated walking from the workshop to the Naffi three times a day for lunch and tea breaks. So being the youngest guy my job was to procure a vehicle every day for the naffi run by placing the VOR sign on a perfectly fine running Land-rover, staff car or minibus so that nobody else would drive it away. The day we used a Centurion ARV is another story.

VOR.png

1Nimrod, s55mercury66, Lepus and 7 others like this.
  20. Well my Grandfather was born on Valentine's day... And 2 years later so was his brother!!! Talk about timing!!! LoL
    So both of thier middle names were Valentine. He was a very talented man, machinest by trade, worked at Glen L. Martin building airplanes during WW2, wooden boat builder,
    A member of our local AACA with his Model T depot hack he restored, ECT...
    So having great admiration for him inspired Valentine's Speed Shop

j-jock, pitman, hotrodharry2 and 11 others like this.
  21. j3harleys

j3harleys

All the cool names were already taken. So my wife made me use this one:( I no longer ride, So I'm going to ask her if I can get a new one. I will let you know what she says. 0720100708.jpg

22. Terrible80

Terrible80

Was " Terrible Ted " in my youth. Had an 80 cube 1980 Shovelhead, so that made me Terrible80 on a bike forum.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

1Nimrod, s55mercury66, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

The B movie "Hot Rods To Hell"...with a lazy 'Ta' in place of 'To'.

s55mercury66, Lil32, Blues4U and 5 others like this.
  24. Slopok

Slopok

At some time prior to me owning my Merc which was factory equipped with an overdrive transmission someone had replaced it with a standard 3 speed and with the rear geared for an overdrive it would be like riding around in 2nd gear. People would always be tail gating me and for some reason never pass me so I got personalized plates saying SLO POK thinking that they would read them and then go around me. I guess people can't read cause they still ride my ass even though I have since installed an overdrive trans now!
    074.JPG

j-jock, 1Nimrod, s55mercury66 and 5 others like this.
  25. When I joined I had been out in my shop, and happened to look up at some license plates I had up on the wall. and saw the plate that was on my '41 Willys pickup, which I had built in about 1990, and sold in the early 2000's. I am a long time Willys owner and you can see my current two, in my profile page picture that I am still an owner, but now done building...here is the rear of my pickup. G-Willys IMG_20160405_092735913 (1).jpg

1Nimrod, Chucky, s55mercury66 and 7 others like this.
  26. Silverplate

Silverplate

“Silverplate” was a code name used thru the Manhattan Project developing the atomic bomb and used thru the mission development of the bombing of Japan. Gen. Paul Tibbets who organized these missions and use of the Enola Gay was a friend of mine. My wife and I organized speaking tours with the General throughout Florida for a few years in the late nineties. A great guy to know and a car enthusiast. Silverplate was a code name that got him anything he needed during that time in history.

0CCC4D18-9EE1-4E46-BF3F-93B728A6DBF2.jpeg

General Paul Tibbets and myself.

27. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I restore and sell old license plates
    8.JPG

28. The town I live in and my last name...actually was the first email address I ever came up with when I first got email and I have used it in a few places. Here on the HAMB, I started out as "52Styleline" which is what I owned when I joined. However, I decided I like too many cars to be stuck with the name of just one especially considering I sold that one several years ago now.

29. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Thank goodness there are Americans like him! That took guts! I thank him for his service!

You didn’t mention he was the pilot of the Enola Gay and it was named after his mother!

Bones